Thursday, April 15, 2021

Gamers! Volume 11 Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – Aguri and Ultimate Love Guide

Translator: your_pingas

Monday, after school, the week after that shocking kiss incident.


The family restaurant meeting between Aguri-san and me is going on as usual today.


“Hoshino. She’s really a good child, just like Amanocchi.”


Aguri-san returned to her seat after mixing her drink at the bar. Then, she brought up an unbelievable topic.


As for me, I stirred the Olle coffee that I don’t really drink and answered.


“Ah, I think Konoha-san said something similar a while ago.”


“Really?”


“Yeah, …well, she’s definitely not praising me.”


“Ahaha, I get it.”


“Uwah, your laugh is really annoying.”


I pouted sulkily.


As for Aguri-san, she laughed cheerfully and took a sip of her Darjeeling tea before taunting me.


…………


“…What’s wrong, Amanocchi? You keep looking at me. Is it because I’m too cute?”


I answered the gal half-jokingly.


“Ha, please, your cousin’s jokes are already too much for me.”


“What’s with that? Well, I guess my cousin does bring a lot of troubles.”


Aguri-san smiled bitterly. I looked outside the window when she’s enjoying her black tea.


Perhaps it’s because of the strong breezes and snow today. Everyone’s curling up their bodies while walking. In contrast to the coldness, the northern lands are often warmer because of the abundant heaters. …Some people always say that, but this is clearly irrelevant when you’re outside. It’s just an average- winter that can freeze you to death.


While I’m a bit sorry for people on the outside, I still took a sip of my Olle coffee. After that, I put down the cup and asked Aguri-san.


“So? Aguri-san, you want to complain about Chiaki and I pretending to be good children too?”


“Hmm? No, I’m not taunting you two or anything. I just feel like it would be good for you two to not change. That’s what I meant by good children. However, that’s why…”


“That’s why?”


“That’s why- I’m very shocked when Hoshino essentially robbed your kiss away.”


“Ahh…”


I stared at the cup filled with the mixture of milk and coffee. Then, Aguri-san looked a bit surprised 


and questioned.


“But, Amanocchi was unexpectedly distressed too even at that time.”


“Hiya, I was scared as well. Isn’t that obvious?”


“Then why were you so chill at that time? …You’re literally like the MC in the latter part of a harem anime. ‘I’m a guy that’s used to girls (laughs).” That’s the impression you’re giving me.”


“What’s that? I feel like that’s the worst complaint I’ve ever received! No, I wasn’t acting like that at all! There’s still a lot of EXP away from ‘lol it’s just a kiss’ level!”


“Eh, isn’t there an inflation of your body value yet?”


“How is it possible!? Who do you think I am!?”


“An MC in the latter part of a rom-com novel.”


“HA! There’s no way for a person like me to provide that sort of entertainment! I’ll say this ahead. No matter how you look at my life, my relationships are still a mess!”


“You really did say that ahead. That’s the most tragic retort I’ve ever heard in my life.”


“Anyway, what I’m trying to say is that there’s no way for me to get used to kisses.”


“Actually, can I ask you how much EXP you have?”


“Ah, aside from the school trip kiss when Tendou-san broke up with me, this is the only one- no, why do I have to tell you!?”


“Uwah, I asked again. There’s a limit to passiveness, you disgusting virgin…”


“Can you not show that explicitly despising gal attitude!? The way you’re looking at me really hurts!”


“By the way, what happened? Amanocchi only had the experience of getting his lips taken away by girls twice. Yet, you’re already acting like a harem MC now? Disgusting. …I bet you’re the type to say ‘I’ll have the usual’ at a restaurant you visited twice only.”


“Why am I on the receiving end of such unreasonable complaints!? I’ve already said this many times before! I wasn’t even chilling like an adult when Chiaki kissed me, okay!?”


“Well, what were you thinking then when Hoshino kissed you?”


“My heart wouldn’t stop pounding, of course-“


Just as I’m about to retort, I saw Aguri-san’s mischievous smile. …I finally realized that this is a trap. I cleared my throat and drank my coffee.


Aguri-san’s staring at me arrogantly with her evil smile.


“Hehehe, your heart wouldn’t stop pounding, Amanocchi. When Hoshino, …hehe?”


“W-What do you mean!? I-It’s natural for a boy to feel that when an adorable girl kissed-“


“Ah, you just said adorable, right? Right? You just said Hoshino is adorable, right?”


“--!”


“Ha, and you still call her your rival, Amanocchi? HA? HMM?”


“Damn, …you’re like an annoying relative…!”


Aguri-san kept tormenting me as she finished her black tea at once. She asked again.


“But, if that’s the case, why was Amanocchi so calm at the time?”


“Well, instead of saying calm, …it’s just that the other feelings are much stronger.”


“Other feelings? Ah, like you were angry that someone did that to you in front of Tendou-san?”


“Ah, …it would be great if that’s the only feeling. …In reality, it’s the opposite.”


I looked at the white scenery outside and sighed.



“The most profound feeling I can sense from Chiaki’s kiss- is an overwhelming wave of defeat.”


“D-Defeat?”


“Yes. …Actually, I wanted to kiss Tendou-san at that time.”


“Ah, …I see. That makes sense…”


Aguri-san understood as she looked outside the window too.


“…Ah, …in other words, if the timing was just a bit off, Hoshino would’ve seen Amanocchi kissing Tendou-san instead.”


“Exactly. So, at least I don’t have the right to say what she did was wrong.”


“Yeah, it’s like shooting a person that’s about to open fire, Hoshino.”


“Let’s forget about the dangerous metaphor, but you’re right.”


“Indeed, from this meaning, Amanocchi didn’t pull out your gun fast enough. That’s why you’re defeated. …Well, even though I feel like Tendou-san’s chest took that bullet instead.”


“Yeah, …also, I feel like an accomplice for receiving the kiss too.”


“Sigh, that’s why Amanocchi won’t be happy no matter how cute the girl that kissed you is.”


“Yes…”


I took another swing of Olle coffee again. Strangely, I can’t feel the sweetness anymore.


I glanced at the cup that’s not steaming anymore and can’t help but mumble.


“…By the way, come to think of it, all of my memories related to kissing are bitter. What’s wrong with me?”


“Hiya, that’s because you’re Amanocchi.”


“I don’t need that!”


“Ah, if you really want sweet kissing memories, you want to drink my black tea?”


Aguri-san said that as she pushed her cup to me.


…How could someone further destroy a lonely person’s soul and mind? I thought about just licking the entire cup angrily. However, such empty yet terrifying action benefits no one. So, I held myself back.


Aguri-san said, “Amanocchi sucks.” Then, she mischievously smiled and took back the cup before enjoying the tea. …Sheesh.


“…Even though I’m the same, Aguri-san really doesn’t know how to comfort others.”s


“What are you talking about? Are you getting turned on because I’m teasing you? Amanocchi, disgusting.”


Aguri-san said that and smiled evilly again. After that, she put the cup onto the mat and turned serious.


“Well, let’s forget how Amanocchi is feeling now first. …Actually, I bet Tendou-san and Hoshino aren’t in great shape either.”


“…Yeah. Tendou-san must be hurt pretty bad, …and Chiaki isn’t the type that can just ignore what she did…”


“You two started calling each other’s first names. Nice friends you got there…”


“Yeah, …I think we treat each other as precious friends.”


I started to feel like this can’t continue anymore. Honestly, my kissing experience is helplessly bitter. However…


I began to frown. Aguri-san started teasing me again.


“You’re Amanocchi, after all. I understand. But, even if you’re the reason for them to argue, it’s still ‘their’ problem, right?”


“Yes, …I know. It’s dumb for me to try and figure out a solution. But…”


“Well, I guess so. You can’t do anything even though your loved ones aren’t happy. It must hurt…”


“…Yeah.”


Also, I know full well that I’m the cause.


Suddenly, I remembered accidentally breaking Mom’s favorite vase. At that time, Mom didn’t get angry. Instead, she smiled gently and said, “It’s dangerous. You should stay back.” She cleaned the glass shards alone slowly.


As for me, …all I could do is to grab my sleeves tightly. There’s nothing I can do aside from watching with embarrassment.


“…………”


I grabbed the phone from my table. The black screen is reflecting a depressed face that looks like he just broke someone’s vase.


…Actually, after that kiss, I didn’t even manage to contact them. We just sent each other apologies and care.


There was literally no contact on the second Sunday. Even though school started already, I didn’t even manage to bump into them in the corridor.


Then, reasonably, the Game Hobby Club stopped meeting too.


(I wonder what they are doing right now…)


I thought about this countless times after that day.


Then, every time I think about it, my chest begins to contract painfully.


…Those two must be thinking about their rivals or me right now. Their after-school life must be much more painful than I do.


I looked outside the window to relieve this bitterness of youth. Then-


“Don’t give up, Chiaki-san! Why are you giving up right now!? You can do it!”


“H-Ha, ha, …I can’t do this! I can’t believe you’re making me move all of the furniture…!”


-I think I’m seeing two beautiful girls pulling a lot of luggage with sleds as if they are an Antarctica expedition team.


“…………”


I chuckled and took another sip of Olle coffee. After that, I turned to Aguri-san and smiled.


“Haha, caffeine drinks are really better. I’m a guy, after all.”


“Amanocchi decided to escape reality pathetically!”


Aguri-san started yelling as she looked outside the window.


“A-Amanocchi? Well, …even though it’s hard for me to say this, I think you’re not hallucinating here. Regrettably, I also saw those two embarrassing acquaintances.”


Aguri-san said some crazy things with a dumbfounded look. …Yep, both of us are having the same daydream. Something like this can really happen. The world is filled with wonderful things.


I looked at the illusion warmly. A seaweed head is pulling the sled with teary eyes, and a blonde girl is leading her relentlessly like she’s a devil coach.


“C’mon, you can do it, you can do it! Chiaki-san, you can do better! The only thing stopping you is your mood!”


“This ‘mood’ thing is precisely the problem! Look, aren't a lot of people watching us right now!? Forget about my stamina. My heart can’t take it anymore!”


“No! Don’t give up! Think about the people around you! Think about the people that are cheering for you right now!”


“S-Someone’s cheering for me!? For me!? Uh, indeed, the children from afar are staring at me with sparkling eyes…! Such humiliation! Is this the hell I’m in!? What did I ever do to deserve this!?”


“Eh, it’s because you and Amano-kun kis-“


“Yay! I love pulling sleds! This is so much fun!”


“You’re amazing, Chiaki-san! That’s how you do it! You can make it! My house is right around the corner!”


…………


So, the Antarctica expedition team left with noises that sound like a monster dragging its tail.


…………


…Hiya, my imagination of beautiful girls is unexpectedly fascinating.


Suddenly, I looked in front. Aguri-san’s staring at me with half-dead eyes.


“Uh, …I feel sorry for you, Amanocchi. I think I was too serious. …Yes, …idiotic things like this…”


“Stop it, Aguri-san. Don’t apologize to a human’s innate sense of seriousness.”


“…Yes, that was just an illusion. Alright, we’ll treat it like that, Amanocchi!”


“Wow, your comfort just brought me back to reality.”


Yeah, …that is obviously…not an illusion, …ugh.


“…Aguri-san, what should I do…?”


Facing a guy that asked painfully, Aguri-san showed a bewildered expression.


“Ah, I hope you can ask that when you’re genuinely bothered by love…”


Aguri-san looked mysteriously regretful. She shook her head helplessly and stared at me again.


“Right now, I can only tell you one sure thing.”


“W-What is it?”


I answered with a bad feeling.


Looking at me, Aguri-san’s eyes- glowed brutally.


“Even when you start dating one of them, Amanocchi’s life will still end up being- a joke.”


“I don’t want to hear that!”


It’s like I just found out that I’m terminally ill. Eh, what is this? Can’t I have even a single sad moment in my life? Here I thought I’m in a pretty honest relationship. Also, consider how many days are remaining until White Day? I’m supposed to be at the climax of the story, right?


Also, …why do I have to see my “Shuzo Matsuoka-ed” ex-girlfriend and the mysteriously excited lips robber pulling a sled full of luggage together? Isn’t this strange? [He’s an energetic and passionate TV sports commentator after retiring from being a tennis player.]


I can’t help but wrap my hands around my head. Aguri-san tries to comfort me.


“H-Hey, at least those two don’t seem to be fighting. Isn’t it great?”


“Well, I feel like it’s much worse than fighting…”


Someone’s a borderline slave to the other girl. That’s genuinely a hellish battlefield.


However, Aguri-san looked away and continued.


“B-But, at least they didn’t stop talking to each other. It’s a good thing. Yes!”


“Sigh, …I guess you’re right.”


Honestly, I would be lying if I’m not relieved after seeing those two talking. …Let’s forget what they were talking about first. The worst-case scenario is that the two girls don’t even want to see each other. From this meaning, I’m glad to see those two together. …But, by the way, isn’t what happening right now the worst-case scenario in another sense? Ugh…


During this time, my phone suddenly started vibrating. The person calling me is-


“…I’m sorry, Aguri-san. Can I pick up this call?”


“Eh, sheesh, Amanocchi. You’re really going to pick up the phone when chatting alone with an adorable girl-“


“It’s Main-san.”


“PICK IT UP. YOU’LL DIE!”


After Aguri-san’s violent permission, I immediately picked up the call with Main-san.


“Hey, hey-“


“Too slow. Game over, Amako. I’ll go burn your house down right now.”


It’s an undoubted dead end, but it can’t be helped. It’s my fault for spending too much time choosing the option to interact with Main-san. It’s just my house getting burnt. I’ll allow it.


“Understood. However, forget about me. Can you at least let my parents and little brother leave in peace?”


“Eh, why did you just accept it? Are you insane? It’s disgusting even though you’re scared…”


“…………”


I think she bullied me like this before. I’m still terrible at dealing with this person…


I sighed. Main-san can’t stop laughing on the other side of the phone.


“Hiya, you’re still you. I’m getting excited after chatting with you for two seconds. Love you.”


“That’s the worst ‘love you’ I’ve heard in my life.”


“Sure, let’s get married then.”


“Uwah!”


“You’re a hundred times more scared than when I said I’ll burn your house down. What are you trying to say, asshole? I’ll really kill you, socially. I’ll put Mii to good use.”


“Please don’t propose a scenario that’s a hundred times more realistic than burning my house down. It’s horrifying.”


However, honestly, an intelligent kid like Mii-chan can accomplish Main-san’s mission perfectly. I’ll be eradicated from society. …I remembered stepping on her once like she’s a Kuriboh because of how small she is (in Super Mario). 


I took a huge sigh and urged Main-san to continue.


“So, what do you want, Main-san? I’m chatting with Aguri-san right now…”


“Ah, sorry for intruding on your after-sex chattering.”


“That after-sex is absolutely unnecessary! We’re just chatting normally! It’s a routine!”


“Ah, the routine…love motel…meeting?”


“It’s a family restaurant meeting! What do you mean by love motel!? We’re not that erotic!”


I yelled. Aguri-san heard that and started coughing. “Love…!?” …Crap, it’s a trap. This person can attack Aguri-san and me at the same time across the phone.


After Main-san laughed cheerfully for a while, she seemed satisfied and continued.


“I’ll tell you something first. Just then, I received a message from your ex-girlfriend.”


“…Eh?”


The unexpected conversation made me answered dazedly.


“That Antarctica expedition team’s captain’s…?”


“…Oh, no. What is this? It’s been a long time since a genius like me can’t understand what someone’s saying. Scary. You’re incredible, Amako.”


I think I just got unbelievably praised. I cleared my throat and corrected myself.


“Well, so, Tendou-san messaged you?”


“Ah, yes.”


“By the way, when did you two exchange contacts?”


“Hmm? Ah, we exchanged information when we were fighting last time.”


“Exchanged information…? Ah, you mean using QR codes or IDs-”


“No, Morse code.”


“Morse code!?”


“We gave each other’s ID by pressing the buttons in a rhythm during the fight.”


“You stupid geniuses!”


Is there a rule that says a Game Club president must be weird?


Just as I felt speechless, Main-san said, “Anyway, she contacted me.”


“I think she’s picking a fight with me. Your ownership is on the line here.”


“Sigh, again…”


I can’t help but sigh.


Well, honestly, I already know that Tendou-san would rechallenge her sooner or later. It’s just that I didn’t expect to be this quick. In reality, I don’t think she can win yet…


I wrapped my hands around my head and moaned. Main-san got uncharacteristically surprised and continued, “It’s just that…”


“Unexpectedly, she asked whether it’s possible to not do a 1v1.”


“Not 1v1? Well, what does that…”


“Yeah, she wants a 4-player battle royale. In other words…”


“You’re saying that there are two more aside from Tendou-san and Main-san?”


“Yes, and the members are already in place. It’s Chiaki Hoshinomori and that Nina Osio girl.”


“Ha? What’s with the members?”


“I don’t know. Anyway, it’s these 4 people. The one who wins can obtain your ownership.”


“No, no, no, I mean-“


What’s wrong with them? The choice of members is already pretty strange. There’s no reason for Chiaki to join, considering her skills. Also, I don’t understand why Oiso-senpai wants my ownership as well. Shouldn’t Tendou-san and Main-san fight alone?


The problem with the members…


“Hey, Amanocchi, Amanocchi, tell me what’s happening too.”


“Eh, ah, well…”


I started explaining to this high school girl with my phone next to my ears. Aguri-san is also confused.


“Even though I don’t know about games, …isn’t Main-san at a super disadvantage here? Although it’s an individual match in name, this is practically a 3v1, right?”


“Well, I’m going to ask that too…”


It’s pretty clear who’s in favor of winning in a <Sutoshisu> game. Also, they are going to be fighting a common “enemy” to obtain my ownership. A person like her is guaranteed to be ganged up.


Honestly, this match is so unfair that it didn’t sound like Tendou-san suggested. However, Main-san continued as if she’s defending her.


“Well, I’m fine with it. You brats are all banding together. That’s how I feel.”


“You’re still that arrogant demon king.”


“Ah, but, aside from that, Karen Tendou also emphasized that’s a complete personal battle. No matter what, the related…”


“Huh! …I-I see.”


In reality, right now, even though Tendou-san and Chiaki aren’t competing over my ownership, they are still fighting over me. When there’s a battle of my ownership, they don’t want to lose to each other, not to mention Main-san…


But, if that’s the case, isn’t it simply dangerous to let Oiso-senpai join the game? If this is a true 1v1v1v1, she’s an enemy on the same level as Main-san. It’s just increasing the difficulty.


Well, but, in this sense, Chiaki will probably lose. I think it’s an excellent opportunity for Tendou-san to kick her away too-


“Ah, also, I think Karen Tendou’s training with Chiaki Hoshinomori in her own house for around a week before the start of the battle.”


“Ha!?”


Training with Chiaki? Why? Aren’t they rivals? By the way, there’s no benefit to Tendou-san in terms of skills, right? What’s wrong with her? Eh, what is my ex-girlfriend trying to do?


My head’s slowly getting dizzy. …Karen Tendou is really an unpredictable person. Perhaps even Main-san is easier to understand.


She’s smart and dumb, talented and clumsy, realistic yet passionate.


I don’t know what reasons she used to achieve this conclusion. When I think about it- I can’t help but laugh.


So, I can’t help but gradually smile. Then, I realized Aguri-san’s looking at me with a mischievous smile. I coughed to cover up my embarrassment and continued talking to Main-san.


“So, you accepted the challenge?”


“Ah, of course. It’s taking place next Wednesday after school at the Game Club.”


“I see. …By the way, what are you going to do if you win? My ownership is already yours, right?”


“Well, about that. Karen Tendou asked me that too just then. I did request something.”


“What is it? Don’t tell me you want all of their ownerships…”


“I didn’t. Do I look like such an annoying person?”


“You literally are.”


“Alright, but I really didn’t ask for that this time. Appreciate my generosity, Amako.”


“Eh, really. Thanks, so what did you ask for…?”


“Ah, well.”


Main-san paused for a moment here. After that, she cheerfully- told me this.


“I’ll have the right to decide who you’ll be dating.”


“HOW COULD YOU!?”


This is the worst result for Tendou-san, Chiaki, and me. What’s wrong with this person? She’s too talented at hitting her opponents at the weakest spot, right?


I trembled and urged her.


“W-Well, …how did Tendou-san-“


“Yeah, she moaned for a while as if she’s being burnt with fire. But, she accepted it eventually.”


“Can you stop torturing my ex-girlfriend mentally!?”


“Well, she’s the one that proposed this competition. It’s guaranteed to be a 3v1. So, I have the right to ask for an equivalent reward.”


Tck, there goes her irritatingly correct logic again…! But, the one thing that I don’t understand is…


“Well, there’s no need for me, who isn’t even in the battle, to be dragged into this, right…”


“Hey, hey, Amako. Girls are fighting for you, and yet you’re still dragging your feet on paying the consequences. Ha, you disappoint me.”


“Ugh, …it’s because everyone will-“


“Amako.”


Main-san suddenly stopped her joking attitude. She asked seriously.


“Did you really think that Karen Tendou asked for a fight on the premise that she would lose?”


“…………”


I can’t help but clench my fist after hearing that.


Right, …I already considered Main-san as an absolute existence since a long time ago. I began to follow her orders subconsciously.


Indeed, I can’t beat her. However, …I didn’t get to decide whether Tendou-san can defeat her or not. That’s- different from “worrying” about her, right.


“…………”


I closed my eyes and thought for a moment.


At the next second, I opened my eyes and spoke up determinedly.


“No, I’ll trust Tendou-san if she thinks she can.”


“In other words?”


“…I’ll accept the condition too. You can do whatever you want with my relationship if you win. I’m betting on Tendou-san- no, Tendou-san and Chiaki.”


“Very well. You’re a great person, after all.”


After she said that, Main-san’s tone returned to normal.


“Hey, relax. AlthoughI didn’t say this because I want to hype up Karen Tendou, I won’t force you to date someone you don’t like even if I win.”


“Eh, really?”


“Yes, I’m always saying this, right? I love you. I’ll definitely make you happy.”


“…………”


I can’t help but scratch my cheeks. Ah, …this person is unexpectedly kind-


“But, honestly, I thought it would be interesting for you to date Tasuku Uehara.”


“Yep, you’re that kind of person!”


“Actually, I really don’t want you to date someone you don’t love. But, while I said that, I want you to date a girl you’ve been craving for in your heart.”


“Ah, also, right now, the girl you’ve been craving for- is actually me. Hiya, this is embarrassing.”


“We can’t afford to lose this war!”


What kind of agreement did you come up with, my ex-girlfriend!? Let me say this first, your opponent is a devil beyond your imagination! This person plans to break our carefully crafted love stories like it’s a useless and boring vase!


Main-san chuckled and said, “Well, that’s all.” She hung up while I’m still enraged. Damn, …she just wants entertainment from other people. The depression I’ve been having after Chiaki’s kiss is already-


…………


…N-No, wait, it’s impossible. She’s not kind enough to do something like this, right. Hmm. …I guess not, right?


“Amanocchi, Amanocchi. Hey, explain to me as well.”


“Ah, right, sorry.”


I snapped out of it once Aguri-san urged me. I explained in detail about Tendou-san’s fight.


After she hears all of it, Aguri-san is a bit dumbfounded. “Why are you guys…”


“What’s wrong with all of you? Are all gamers retarded?”


“That’s the worst thing you can say to gamers! Even though I feel like I must retort here, all of the people I met are really retarded. So, I have nothing to say!”


I wrapped my hands around my brain. Aguri-san bitterly smiled and continued.


“However, …I’m a bit envious of how simple and innocent you are.”


“Hmm? Aguri-san?”


Aguri-san put her cup onto its mat. She looked outside the window and got uncharacteristically upset. I shot her a- worried look, even though I’m not in such a position.


Aguri-san noticed me and tried to cover it up.


“What’s with your face, Amanocchi? I’m okay. There is some progress between Tasuku and me. We got a lot closer.”


“Hmm? But, if that’s the case, you’re…”


“Ugh, …well.”


Aguri-san said that as she searched the bag next to her. Then, she grabbed…


“…Labears?”


“Yes.”


We bought that for our loved ones during the school trip. However, in the end, we didn’t manage to hand them out because we broke up. It’s a pair of teddy bears.


Aguri-san played with the teddy bears and said this dazedly.


I love Tasuku so much. This will never change. Even though there might be some hesitation during the expressing feeling part, …recently, this is what I think.”


“What?”


“Perhaps Tasuku- loves the ‘present’ the most.”


“…………”


The snow on the window is slowly melting because of the indoor temperature. Aguri-san looked at the people rushing home and squeezed a smile.


“Ah, but I love the ‘present’ the most too. So, we don’t need to push-“


“Aguri-san.”


I interrupted Aguri-san and smiled.


“I’m glad that I met Aguri-san.”


“W-What are you saying? Is this a confession?”


“Well, you can think of it however you want.”


“N-No, I don’t think I can…”


Aguri-san’s still confused. But, I ignored her and continued.


“I was always helplessly alone until I met everyone in the Game Hobby Club. However, …there was still something you need to fight for, even if you’re a loner.”


“…What is it?”


“You want to stay in the present. …You have to be exhaustingly aware of it to avoid your high school life take a turn for the worse.”


“Amanocchi…”


Aguri-san’s looking at me sympathetically. I’m a bit embarrassed, so I looked outside the snowy window.


“But, the ‘present’ is the same as the snow. No matter how much you want to protect something important to you, it’ll still end up melting away and drip off between your fingers. That’s why my high school life…is slowly yet concretely taking the worse turn.”


“…………”


“However, the people who changed this are Tendou-san, Uehara-kun, Chiaki, and Aguri-san, using your sincere words. …Everything started because we said honest things that could’ve led to hatred.”


“…………”


“I must’ve opened my hands at that time. I hadn't noticed it at that time. …Confessing my feelings to the person in front of me is my favorite thing to do. I didn’t care how much snow had fallen off my palm. …Rejecting Tendou-san’s invitation, bickering with Uehara-kun and Chiaki, then…”


I looked at the girl in front of me again and spoke up honestly.


“…You taught me how precious it is to love someone.”


“!”


Something’s sparkling in Aguri-san’s eyes.


Finally, I tried to come to a conclusion. “So, that’s how I’m thinking right now.”


“The ‘present’ isn’t turned from the past that you’ve held dearly. Instead, it’s the future you try so hard to grasp with the energy from the past. That’s what the ‘present’ means.”


“Amanocchi, …I, …I…”


Aguri-san lowered her head as if she didn’t want me to see how embarrassed she was.


I should encourage her- I thought about that and continued.


“To make the ‘present’ that Uehara-kun loves even shinier, Aguri-san, all you need to do is to move forward determinedly like before. That’s the Aguri-san I…love.”


Aguri-san lowered her head and wiped the corner of her eyes. …Finally, she returned to her usual tone and made a comeback.


“Hehe, …that’s indeed a confession, Amanocchi.”


“Who knows? But, even if that’s the case, what you’ll do and how you feel won’t be moved by this, am I right?”


I asked.


Aguri-san rubbed her eyes with her wrist. 


“…Of course!”


She answered proudly and raised her refreshed face.


“I love Tasuku the most! Then, -I’ll confess this feeling with my whole body! This is me!”


“….Yes, this is how my Master Aguri-san should be.”


We smiled at each other. …So, the losers’ family restaurant meeting has a moment of peace we never experienced before-


“Ah, so, sorry, Amanocchi. I just physically can’t accept gaming otaku.”


“Yep, you just had to ruin the mood and reject me! This isn’t a confession, by the way! Even if it is, can’t you just reject it more subtly and gently!?”


“Hey, didn’t Amanocchi just say something about being honest?”


“I did say that! But that doesn’t mean an indiscriminate attack!”


“Shut up. …You just compared the ‘present’ to the snow to express your feelings, disgusting otakus…” 


“HAAAAA!? I take back what I said! Take back your honest words, you thick-lined gal!”


“HAAAAA!? You treat your master as a thick-lined gal!? How disrespectful!? You didn’t improve at all. This hikineet didn’t improve in this year at all.”


“Ha, right back at the cliché and slow-burn couple!”


“You mad? Did you say that? Did you really say that? I’ll have to say something too if you say that!”


“W-What!? I’ll get furious depending on what you’re going to say!?”


“Amanocchi as a boyfriend really lacks future-“


“DAMN YOUUUUUU!”


So, the family restaurant meeting returned to its usual idiocy.


…………


It looks like there’s still some time before the family restaurant meeting can truly calm down.



Previous Chapter | Main Page | Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment