Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Gamers Volume 3 Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Tasuku Uehara and Half Their Life Game
Translator: your_pingas
Amano and Aguri married each other.

They snapped together as soon as they graduated from college.

We celebrated and wished the couple to head to their next stage of life. However, in reality, our heart is filled with mixed feelings.

Hoshinomori, who’s a freeter, reluctantly gave her rival Amano his celebration money. As for Tendou and me…while both of us are not poor, but when we looked at our lovers marrying each other, the customary smiles on our faces are stiff, to say the least.

No, speaking of stiff smiles, the married couple is the same.

Although they gave Tendou and me an embarrassing look, they still glanced at each other before whispering to each other like they are a destined couple.

“…Are you an idiot, Amanocchi…”

“I-I can’t help it…! That’s how things went…!”

I, Tendou, Hoshinomori stared at them as their clearly-in-love faces. The bride and the groom noticed our sights and finally stopped whispering before coughing a few times to make up for it.

The spot for this plaintive scene is in the wedding banquet hall of a hotel, several years after our Otobuki Highschool life was over when we parted ways- or not.

The living room of Hoshinomori’s Home, a while since the beginning of the summer holiday.

“………..”

Under an atmosphere akin to Finnegans Wake, five people surrounded a table. A Game of Life board is at the center of the table.



The cicadas are calling outside the window. The AC in Hoshinomori’s home seems to have sensed the dense atmosphere and automatically switched on, and cool breezes descended among us.

I grabbed my wheat tea and poured it into my mouth, the ice cubes are bumping and clanging each other as I re-evaluated the situation.

The living room, afternoon. Amano and Aguri are sitting shoulder-to-shoulder at the longer side of the table near the window. Tendou and I sat opposite them. Hoshinomori, the owner of the house, sat on the shorter side.

“…Bruh, why did we assign the couples to diagonal seats? This is already a big problem.”

Usually, Aguri and I should be a pair with Amano and Tendou on the other side, or it’s boys against girls. However, when we arrived at Hoshinomori’s home, we behaved just like the same as all of us would, because we all exhausted our minds to try and figure out a strategy for proper seats. In the end, we got a result that none of us wished for, as you can see here.

However, I’m not giving up yet. That’s because…

“…Phew.”

I put my cup of wheat tea on the table with a “clang” sound.

Then, I forced a smile and tried to save the awkward situation.

“A-Alright, let’s continue and play this – Sweet Sweet Game of Half-Life!”

If there’s a misunderstanding, the best way to solve this is to gather every relevant person together.

I, Tasuku Uehara, had realized this truth a long time ago.

The problem is, it’s not easy to group these five people together.

In the end, two issues prevented us from sitting down and chat with each other.

One, there’s a subtle between Tendou and us. Second, we don’t have a 5-player “centralized activity” at all.

Tendou wasn’t a Game Hobby Club member, to begin with, and she’s far from reaching the threshold for friendship. However, even if we got that part done, we still don’t have a reason for us to gather and talk.

Then, these two issues were resolved gradually before the summer holiday.

Firstly, the main one, Amano and Tendou are in a relationship now. With that, we can link ourselves to Tendou. She being Amano’s girlfriend, will have no issue to come and play with Amano’s friends.

With that out of the way, the only problem is gathering five of us together, which means planning activities. Honestly, Aguri is the crux in this step. All of us but her are gamers, and she has no knowledge of it. Therefore, it’s going to be hard to ask her to play along with our standards.

Then, this super weird game of life…Love Love Game of Half-Life appeared.

“Um, this is something that my sister brought home with. I’m not sure of the details, but she said she found it during a treasure hunt or some kind. I’m a bit confused. But then, the game seems fun…”

Hoshinomori brought this up during a Game Hobby Club meeting.

With that, I felt a bit hopeful, we can drag Aguri into this with the board game.

Basically, this is a game of life where you walk forward by spinning a wheel, so it really doesn’t have anything to do with skills. However, the game has small built-in events that are very specific. Reads are pretty much useless here. More importantly, I can see how Hoshiomori, a game lover without many friends and Amano are really into this. So, I took the chance and tried my best to invite everyone. Finally, today is the day.

After a long negotiation, I forced us to be in Hoshinomori’s place and face each other…

“S-So…I-I’m next, right? H-Here goes.”

Aguri reached for the wheel as she speaks. I stared at the roulette, waiting for the result as I’m thinking about what just happened. Then, I let out a sigh in my heart with a smile plastered on my face.

“Which part is not working? A game of life with this scale is hard to carry around, that’s why we just decided to play at Hoshinomori’s place…This is 100% logical. As for the seats, sitting this way can avoid people from just chit-chatting with their loved ones, this is understandable as well. The rules for Love Love Game of Half-Life is just to do whatever the wheel told you to, everyone can enjoy their time and chat with each other, exactly what I’m looking for. Yes, my plan should be perfect. But then…but then…!”

Just as I’m overthinking, the wheel stopped. 3. The pink car representing Aguri’s piece walk forwards for 3 spaces, and she stopped at…

“Your newlywed life is going great! You got a child during your honeymoon! Take 3000 yen from all players.”

“NO ONE CAN PLAY THIS BS GAME!!!”

My heart is dripping blood right now as I smiled and gave Amano and Aguri 3000 yen. Hoshinomori, who became a freeter right at the start, stared at them angrily because she’s out of money. As for Tendou, Amano’s actual girlfriend…she gave a fake smile like the one I did as she handed 3000 yen to Amano. Meanwhile, Amano and Aguri didn’t even dare to look at us in the eye.

“Aguri-san…! Why do you have to give birth to a baby in times like this…!”

“I-It’s not like we have a choice! A-Amanocchi, you have to take up responsibility as well!”

They started whispering to each other again as they fell into an argument. However, that just makes the whole thing 10x as worse for Tendou and me, who heard their conversation. They noticed our stares. Then, they coughed a few times to clear their throats. Both of them have synchronized coughs, which really makes us think that they are a newlywed couple…what the hell is this?

I looked at the entire money exchange process as I re-evaluate which part is the cause of failure of this masterful plan.

“…Sigh, this Love Love Game of Half-Life has its own issues as well.”

You can see from all the context, we stayed more or less the same since the start of the game. Amano and Aguri started dating when they were students, Hoshinomori, who doesn’t have a boyfriend in real life, is basically jobless. Now, this evolved into an awkward situation that none of us knows how to deal with. This was followed closely by marriage events, and then, well, you know how it went.

Marriage events are a part of this type of game, but most of them won’t bind players into a couple. The best that they can do is plug a piece that symbolizes a partner in the car. However, it’s called “Love Love” for a reason, there’re many weird interactions included in the board, granted it can lighten up the mood in bonding events. For us, though…

“It wouldn’t be a problem if Aguri and I, or Amano and Tendou married each other in events like this. But, our misfortune has really taken a toll on us this time.”

It wasn’t until now that I regretted picking this BS game of life. I put too much effort into connecting these five people and didn’t consider whether the content suits us…crap.

“W-Well, it’s my turn, then…ahem.”

Tendou tried to switch up her mood by coughing as she reached for the roulette…she advanced the most spaces so far. However, when Tendou was on the marriage event space earlier, she rolled “decided to not marry anyone and focus on work instead, income doubles,” which have a 10% chance of occurring. As a result, the richest and farthest player is still single. Still, I guess it suits her so we can’t really complain about this independent women’s life.

Tendou’s wheel stopped. 8. The yellow car walked across the “Loner” road that derived from the marriage event, her speed is as fast as her hastily life.

“Um, this is…”The person you unrequitedly love marries with another one, you become more focused on work. 50,000 yen granted.” Really…Ahaha, I’m so rich…”

Everyone turned their faces away from Tendou’s fake smile, this is just unbearable. She ranked no.1 so far, and yet…something doesn’t feel right.

Tendou’s round is over, my turn. I spun the roulette. 3. Let’s move forward.

“Oh, marriage.”

I stopped after advancing two spaces. No matter what number you got, everyone must act on the event as soon as they touched the area for marriage. Most encounters rely on the result of the roulette. Still, they can be classified into three types: marry a player, engage with an NPC, or be like Tendou, a loner. Also, the content of the wheel will have complicated changes based on the number of players, which I’m going to skip over. My situation, though…

“The wheel is split between 1 to 10, and the marriage will be decided on the numbers. 1 to 2 is Aguri, 3 and 4 is Hoshinomori, 5/6 is Tendou. 7, 8, 9 are NPCs, and 10 is to remain single. Right.”

Also, this marriage roulette is absolute, and it can drag the target as well. Put it this way. If I’m engaged with Tendou right now, I can pull her all the way back to my space and restart from the road of marriage…most importantly-

“If I got Aguri’s number…this will be a bride kidnapping!”

This is what makes the game compelling, or should I say disgusting. When I got Aguri’s number, which is 1 or 2, Aguri has to restart with me, and Amano will be singled out. Honestly, this is what I want, whether it’s in the game or in reality.

I spun the wheel with emotions overflowing inside me. 1 or 2! 1 or 2, please!

The long spinning time is over, and the result is…

“…4. Which means it’s Hoshinomori…”

“W-Woah, I-I’m honored…”

Hoshinomori, who was ranked last, was forced to join me in the marriage space. She blushes as she put her piece next to mine. Ouch, Aguri’s sight is stabbing me. What can I do? What do you want me to do!?

“T-Then, it’s my turn! Alright!”

Hoshinomori excitedly spun the wheel, her number is…

“2. Let’s see, “Your couple cheated on you. You have to pay the person 5000 yen as compensation.” Really….”

Hoshinomori and I hastily paid 5000 yen to the bank (where all the money from the game is kept)…What’s wrong with everyone? Why are y’all staring at me this way? Especially Aguri and Tendou, I can sense the hostility from them like I really cheated. What the hell!? Also, why is Hoshinomori disappointed at this? I feel so guilty right now, my sweat won’t stop…D-Did I do something wrong?

“W-Well, it’s my turn! Alright, w-what will happen next…?”

Amano tried to smooth things over with a joking manner that didn’t fit him and made everyone focus on him instead of me. Amano, no matter how you put it, you’re a nice person…

Also, when everyone is spinning the wheel with full-power, Amano, who probably doesn’t want to take up too much time, turned it a bit less forcefully. I feel like this is his style, after all.

Then, Amano’s number is-

“5. Um, what is it…”Your sweet newlywed life reaches high-tide! You got busy and busted the bed. The couple each pays 6000 yen.”…”

-He screwed up from his modestness. This guy is undoubtedly energetic in the game. Amano ana Aguri immediately blushed. They lowered their head and quietly handed 6000 yen to Hoshinomori, who’s managing the bank. Aguri knocked Amano slightly with her ankle.

“Amanocchi, you need to turn it down a bit…!”

“W-What do you mean by turning it down! I don’t care! I’m just doing what it said.”

“Eww, Amanocchi, you’re nasty!”

“N-No, that’s not what I meant-“

“Ahem!”

Tendou, Hoshinomori, and my cough stacked with each other. Those two then said “sorry” and lowered their head…Sigh, what’s this? How can I even continue to watch them play like this?

After that, Aguri quietly turned the wheel. 2. She got the same spot as Amano, coincidentally. Of course, the event is-

”Your sweet newlywed life reaches high-tide! You got busy and busted the bed. The couple each pays 6000 yen.”

“………..”

Just when everyone lost their words, the husband and the wife whose face is practically green at this point paid their 6000 yen mournfully…They get my sympathy. I don’t even have the energy left to be jealous.

Now, it’s Tendou’s turn. 9. The event of the space she landed is…

“The person you’re in love with doesn’t even take a glance at you, but you are popular with your clients. You get 100,000 yen.”

“…Yay…”

That’s the most apathetic “yay” I’ve ever heard in my life. The talented blonde who’s in the lead and has the most cash. Perhaps this is just out of my imagination, but she seems thinner than when she just started to play. Is this person cursed with regret whenever she interactives with anything related to Amano?

I can sense the dark aura radiating from the blonde girl next to me. I spun the roulette as I’m trembling.

“Um…7. “You cheated with your couple’s sister. There’s bloodshed. Rest for one turn.”…Um…”

Everyone’s stares are like knives at this point. Suddenly, there’s a “BANG!” sound coming from someone opening and closing the door in the corridor. I can’t help but freak out. “Ah.” Hoshinomori told me, leisurely.

“My little sister went for the toilet.”

“Y-Your sister is at home…?”

I sweatdropped as I asked, and Hoshinomori smiled bitterly.

“I-I’m sorry, I wanted to bring her here to say hello to all of you. But then, she said she was not ready to show her face today, and she shut herself in the room.”

“R-Right…”

Although I don’t see her at all, I would’ve probably stabbed by her with a knife…N-No, it’s just a game, it has nothing to do with reality. Yes, but for some reason, I’m already extremely terrified by Hoshinomori’s sister, even though I never saw her.

When everyone is staring at the corridor via the matte glass door, Hoshinomori, who probably wanted to get our attention away from her sister, coughed loudly before reaching for the roulette.

“W-Well, I’m spinning it. Go!”

The wheel spins. 7. As for the event…

“Let see…”You realized that your soulmate is another person. You even found out that you and that person are linked by fate. Your mood begins to swing. Lose 300 yen because you’re less attentive to your job.”…Really…I feel like this event is entirely unmoving.”

Hoshinomori tilted her head as she pays 300 yen. Amano, Tendou, and Aguri didn’t show much of a reaction either…only my face is twitching so hard right now to the point that I can’t smile.

“THIS EVENT IS A COMPLETE HEADSHOT!”

Straight to the core! Although it’s hitting me so hard right now, only I knew what’s going on, so everyone didn’t react at all. Sigh, this is too much! Hoshinomori, that space you just landed on is giving me goosebumps! You should be more surprised by this miracle! But then…

“Haha, Chiaki doesn’t suit this kind of high school girl’s plot at all.”

“Shut up, Keita. You’re not qualified to complain about me.”

What!? What’s wrong with you two!? Don’t just joke this straight-to-the-crux event off like it’s nothing! Realize it! Even though it’s hard for both you! Jeez, I’ve had enough!

During this time, Amano looked at me worriedly.

“Eh? Uehara-kun, what’s wrong? Why are you acting like you really wanted to tell something that only you know it but you can’t…so you ended up with such a “my heart is so itchy right now” face?”

“You’re still as keen as you’ve always been! What the hell!? Do you have superpowers!? Um, but…whatever! It’s fine! I don’t care about you two! Play the damn game!”

‘I still don’t understand why you are mad at me. A-Alright, I’m continuing.”

Amano gave me an unacceptable look as he unwillingly reached for the wheel. He is still spinning it lightly. The number is…4.

“Oww, same as Chiaki. What the hell? That’s lame-“

“YOU TWO ARE BOUNDED BY DESTINY!”

“!”

I stood up abruptly and screamed at the top of my lungs because I can’t take it anymore. It freaked everyone out, even Hoshinomori’s sister, who just came out of the toilet, just stood there since I scared her, I can see that through the matte glass.

I cleared my throat before sitting back.

“…Nothing, let’s move on.”

“E-Eh? Um, Uehara-kun…Well, if you really wanted to say something…”

Amano is genuinely worried about me…Sigh, although it’s quite annoying in this situation, he is really a nice person and is sincerely concerned with me. However…

“…There’s no way for me to say it now.”

I realized these two people are still bound for each other, so I can’t help but yell in excitement…But then, I feel like I shouldn’t leak this piece of intelligence.

“Tendou and Amano are dating, after all, no one can benefit from this information.”

If they weren’t a pair, not even like the ones you see in a romantic comedy. I, as a spectator, can still egg them for joy. However, if I explain everything right now, this will do nothing aside from causing ripples between Amano and Tendou’s seemingly-loving relationship. Hoshinomori will feel bad too.

“…Yep, I should keep this secret to myself.”

I made up my mind and tried to joke it off.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m too excited from us five people having so much fun together. Please, forget what I’ve said.”

“Really? Um, this is my first time playing games like this as well, I’m happy…”

Amano replied embarrassingly. Well, at least this guy made Tendou and Hoshinomori believe what I’ve said. However, Aguri is still staring at me, wondering if something’s wrong.

“…Aguri can see it immediately, we dated each other for half-a-year, after all…”

Although we often argue with each other nowadays, she can still see me right through like it’s nothing. It seems that only Aguri can tell something’s not right. Perhaps, she even knew what’s happening between Amano and Hoshinomori. However, Aguri is just…

“Oh, it’s my turn then! Right, when will I get…?”

She continued like there’s nothing wrong…I used to treat her like an idiot in the past. It looks she could be terrifyingly smart, though…or should I say an intimate and caring woman…Crap, I’m falling for her again.

“Hey, it’s 8! Yes, I can advance so many spaces! Let see what’s on this one…”Your ex confesses to you.”…Wow, what a situation we have here!”

Aguri glanced at me, and I beamed her a bright smile back-

“And then…”However, your love for your current partner is unmoving! You firmly turned your ex’s temptation down and reaffirmed your love for each other! You got another kid!”…”

“…………”

Aguri silently put the piece representing a child onto her car. She stared at Amano fiercely. In reality, Amano didn’t deserve this, so he stared back at Aguri directly…However, this just looks like they are looking at each other loving to us…

“Ahem!”

They soon turned away from each other when Tendou coughed loudly.

“My turn.”

She turned the wheel with a creepy smile on her face. She got 10. Tendou left us behind and walked further and further ahead. The event she got is…

“You became famous. Get 100,000 yen.”

“They aren’t even trying at this point!”

Finally, her life turned into nothing but money and fame. What is this? The game’s treating single players too unfairly. Indeed, this is what Love Love Game of Half-Life is. From her life which is only filled with money and fame, I can feel the depth of the game, or hatred. But, I guess her life is way better mine whose marriage only consists of cheating and bloodshed.

It’s my turn, but I need to rest due to what happened earlier. I skipped, and it’s Hoshinomori’s turn.

But then…

Oh, sorry. My sister seems to be calling me…”

I looked at the corridor as she said that, there appears to be a figure outside that looked like Hoshinomori’s sister waving at her. We decided to take a break. Just as Hoshinomori stood up, everyone started to stretch their backs and or press their shoulders.

“What’s wrong, Konoha?”

Hoshinomori started talking as she walked outside. I can briefly see her sister as the door opens. I can only know that she’s wearing home clothes. She looks like a girl that would be chased by many guys, though. But, I don’t know if her face is similar to that of Hoshinomori’s. Other people reached the same conclusion as well.

“I’m kind of curious in Chiaki’s sister…

“Oh, Amano-kun, what do you mean by that?”

The blonde beauty gave him a bright smile. Amano instantly tried to find an excuse frantically.

“N-No! I don’t mean anything! I’m only curious to see if they looked the same, sir!”

“Oh, really…”

“…Sir?”

Although Aguri and I were quite confused, we feel like we shouldn’t ask them what’s going on. So, we just left it there.

An eerie silence fell onto us, and I can hear the sisters talking to each other on the corridor.

“…There’s an e-mail with a weird title, I saw its notification on the browser. I didn’t look at the content, but I feel like I should let you know.”

“Eh, really? This should be important. I’ll check it out…oh.”

Hoshinomori’s abruptly stopped. At the same time, Amano’s phone vibrated for a second. When he grabbed the phone to confirm its content, the sisters started talking again.

“Hm? Your phone’s ringing, that’s rare…Eh? Meh, it’s just the game’s notification.”

“Eh?”

During this time, Amano looked away from the screen of his phone with a confused face. Just as we are trying to figure out what’s going on, we heard Hoshinomori’s explanation from the corridor.

“Oh, right, this period is filled with special activities, I need to complete the missions…”

“Huh? I need to do that too.”

Amano looked at his phone and the corridor over and over again. At this point, only I realized the situation before Tendou and Aguri.

“Right, both of them play the same mobile game and should get the same notification.”

While this is entirely logical, the problem is…

I immediately knocked my chair without meaning it.

“Oh, shit. If Hoshinomori and Amano began to chat about the mobile game…!”

Perhaps they will realize their shared bond of destiny. I immediately grew nervous. But, I guess I’m worrying too much.

Someone’s moving, I can see that via the matte glass.

“I wanted to read the e-mail, though. However, I don’t think I should make everyone wait…”

“Oh, I can do the missions for you, sis. I saw you playing a lot, so I guess I know the basics.”

“R-Really? Thanks, I’ll go to my room then.”

“Understood.”

The sisters chatted as they walked into the room. It looks like Hoshinomori won’t recognize who Amano really is soon.

I secretly glanced at Amano. Although he grew curious for a moment, perhaps it’s just like what Hoshinomori said, the time for the mission is tight, and he immediately started to click on his phone. I guess he will forget his curiosity conveniently.

When I pressed my chest in relief, Tendou left her seat and went around the table before looking at Amano’s screen from behind.

‘Wow…I didn’t touch this because I’m biased before, but it looks like this game’s combat got some action going for it.”

“Yeah, it’s like that! Oh, sorry, I don’t have time to explain now.”

“It’s okay. Just play your game, I’ll watch from here.”

“Hey, that’s making me nervous.”

Amano smiled bitterly, but he continued happily. Looking at the couple, Aguri left her seat and went to me and whispered.

“…Hey, Tasuku. Don’t you think they have gone quite close to each other without realizing it?”

“Yep.”

Now that we’re looking at the couple staring at the same screen, they look very intimate physically, as well. If it was the past, Amano would freak out when Tendou got so close to him, but now…it looks like he can purely feel excited to recommend his favorite game to Tendou. Amano is getting along with Tendou in his own way.

Aguri spoke gently in a way that I’ve never heard before.

“…I feel happy for Amano when I saw him got what he wanted.”

“…Really?”

“Don’t you feel the same, Tasuku?”

“N-No, not at all. I meant it…”

While I do feel glad at Amano’s success. I feel a tinge a pain in my heart when Aguri is gently glancing at him, no matter what she is thinking.

…Usually, I would just hide all this in my heart. Today, though…

“…I’m here because I wanted to explain everything and unfold this whole misunderstanding!”

I clenched my fist and made up my mind.

So…I took a deep breath and asked Aguri, who’s staring at Amano and Tendou.

“Aguri…Um, Aguri, how do you feel about Amano?”

“Eh? How do I feel about Amanocchi? Hmm…”

Aguri tilted her head dumbfoundedly as she thinks.

Then, she smiled brightly, just like the one I’ve always known and answered.

“I feel like he’s a troublesome little brother. He grew a bit annoying after he got a girlfriend. But then, basically, I think I’m happy for him.”

“…Really.”

I don’t think she’s lying at all. More like, she meant that with all of her heart. I can see that clearly.

“…!”

I can’t help but plop my head down. I feel so ashamed of myself right now. I just went ahead and decided what feelings does Aguri have for Amano, even getting jealous of it and started overthinking. I’m disgusted by myself, I’m ashamed of me who didn’t trust his girlfriend.

I grabbed Aguri’s hand tightly. She freaked out and instantly blushed.

“Eh? W-What’s wrong, Tasuku?”

“No…nothing. What’s wrong with grabbing my girlfriend’s hand?”

“Um, of course, you can, I would love to…but we are in front of Tendou-san right now…”

“Tendou? What does that mean? This isn’t related to her, right?”

“Eh? R-Really? It’s not related to Tendou-san in the slightest...”

Aguri suddenly became happily embarrassed for some reason. Although I’m not sure what’s going on, I can guarantee you that I have the world’s cutest girlfriend.

I grabbed her hand, this is the most secure moment I’ve had in a while.

So, after we immersed in our loving moment, Amano, who seemed to have finished his mission, let out a big “Phew.”

“That was close…I would’ve been toasted if my in-game friend wasn’t there…”

He let out a big sigh again. Then, the door to the corridor opens, and Hoshinomori is back.

Tendou, who’s been staring at Amano’s phone this whole time, asked.

“Oh, the friend you’re referring to, is it this MONO person?”

“Yeah, you’re right. While I think MONO’s actions are a bit different today, but we still cooperated with each other perfectly. It’s not easy to gain a friend like that. He sometimes even send messages to me, which really showed me his support.”

“Huh. I just found out that someone’s that close to you on the internet, Amano-kun.”

“Hmm…it’s like he’s a replacement for my actual friends whom I lacked, I’m really sorry…”

Amano scratched his head embarrassingly. The door suddenly opens, and Hoshinomori is back. Aguri and I disconnected from reality as we are dazing out.

During this time, Tendou seemed a bit jealous and asked Amano with a smile.

“Amano-kun, do you have any other friends on the internet?”

“Um, welp. I do differentiate in my alias…”

Amano didn’t notice the way that Tendou is looking at him. He even started to think sincerely.

At the same time, Hoshinomori quietly apologized as she entered the living room before she quickly sat back to where she was, which is next to Amano’s.

“I only have two aliases, though. Or should I say, I only interact with certain people.”

Amano embarrassingly answered Tendou’s question as he put his phone on the table, in front of Hoshinomori. In a sense, this is quite logical, but Hoshinomori looked at his phone without meaning it. The screen is still showing that mobile game-

“OH SHIT!”

I didn’t realize it until now. I really didn’t until now. This is dangerous. I hastily released Aguri’s hand, and- it’s too late.

When I noticed this, Amano already said the most crucial piece of intelligence.

“Firstly, my alias is “Tsucchi” in this game, and I only played with this player named MONO. Then, there’s this F2P game developer called NOBE which I admired, I use the name “Yama-san” whenever I’m giving him feedback, that’s all.”

“------!”

Suddenly, the time between Hoshinomori and I froze.

Just when we were struck so hard that we began to lose sight, Amano and Tendou continued.

“Oh, really. I guess you don’t really have friends on the internet either.”

“Um, of course. I’m still an introvert on the internet. It’s just that MONO and NOBE are really special to me. This is why I really treasured them.”

“Yeah, you prioritized that over my invitation to the Game Club. They’re vital to you.”

“Ouch, s-sorry.”

There’s no way Tendou is really jealous of this, so she chuckled. However, I couldn’t, and my forehead is sweating so hard.

Aguri asked worriedly, “What’s wrong? Tasuku?” But I don’t even have time to answer my girlfriend. Instead, I secretly glanced at Hoshinomori.

Then, I saw something terrible that I’ve always feared.

“………….”

Hoshinomori glanced at Amano passionately and lovingly. On the other hand, her mouth slightly clamped when she saw how much closer are Amano and Tendou than before as she tried to suppress her emotions down.

This scenery hits me hard.

“…Damn, shit…if…only…if only I paid attention before…!”

After all, this looks like…

The worse timing for a person to arrive at the starting line.

Put it this way, I saw a poor and helpless girl who started her new game of first love too late.



[End of Vol.3]

No comments:

Post a Comment