Saturday, August 15, 2020

Gamers Volume 3 Afterword

Hello, I’m the gaming coward that’s willing to casually buy the latest energy drinks, yet spending hours and hours reading the comments of a 100 yen app and decides that I shouldn’t buy it now, Sekina Aoi. Don’t tell me this person can write a light novel like this, but he’s not brave enough to trust his instinct and step onto landmine that’s just a couple hundred yen only?

Well, this is the 3rd volume of Gamers! – Chiaki Hoshinomori and New Game of First Love. I feel like the title of the novel and the character on the cover is still different, hope you don’t mind. After all, if both need to be the same, Amano would be on the cover in Volume 1! What kind of adventure is that! So, the allocation of the cover characters is reasonable and appropriate. In the end, I guess the problem has to do with the guy that named the title. Jeez, …sigh, even though that’s me.

Then, about the content. This series is a bit similar to ensemble casts and continuous shorts. So, it’s tough to dedicate the entire volume to a single character only. Even so, in this Volume 3, I think Chiaki is the leading role based on her “actions.”

Well, as for the “actions” in the next volume, …there’s no concrete spoilers! It’s because this series’ publishing speed is even faster than its online counterpart!

Even so, there’s something that’s just the same as before, all the characters will chat about gaming gently. A bunch of troublesome people will still handle things stupidly in the romantic comedy part. This is what I’ve planned.

Sigh, I do agree that there’s some shocking development later. The characters that are slowly becoming normies will be trapped in a snowy villa. Then, when they start dying one by one, the final truth is revealed, and the motive is based on tragic infatuation and the usual misunderstandings. Although some authors will be impressed by just thinking of the plot and say, “Wow, damn, that sounds interesting.” However, I guess it’s fine. It’s absolutely fine. I’m afraid that it’s fine, …should I let Amano be the killer…?

Alright, here’s the appreciation speech.

First of all, props to Cactus-sensei for adorning the novel with incredible illustrations as usual. There’re suddenly new characters on the cover, and they’re even wearing swimsuits. I feel like this story especially needs to rely on your beautiful drawings. Thanks for the work!

Then, I have to thank the editor, who’s going to part ways with me after this volume. This is an old friend I know since I’m in the student council. Currently, he’s a friend that I always talk to, whether it’s games or manga- N-No. He’s my most trusted editor. So, to be honest, I’m still feeling a bit lonely. However, please continue to chitchat with me in the future- No, as the parents of Gamers, and the representative of readers, it’s my honor to receive comments from you. Ay, even though you might know this already, but you’re dead wrong if you think the author and Amano’s group will listen to your suggestions!

At last, thank you, the reader-sama, who stayed with this annoying gamer’s romantic comedy to the third volume.

Everyone in the story is always throwing tantrums and misunderstanding everything. Even so, I can guarantee that they will “try their best to go forward.” So, it’s my honor if all of you can continue smiling at their hard-earned growth.

Well, see you in Volume 4, where Amano and his friends should bring even more hilarious chaos!


Sekina Aoi



Previous Chapter | Main Page | Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment