Saturday, June 20, 2020

Lonely Attack on the Different World V1 (5 of 8)

Translator: Skythewood
Editor: Hiiro
Day 15 Midnight In front of the Cave, Tent.


I got out of my tent at midnight and headed into the forest. If I head into the Cave so late in the night, someone will call the police.


This is a late night stroll in the woods.


「Hello, it’s been a while?」


「Haruka, if you notice then stop. It’s really dark, so the return trip will be scary.」


「No, why are you following me secretly? Are you idiots? Oh─ you really are idiots.」


「The hell is that, why did you call me an idiot?」


Sigh, annoying, loud, hot blooded and covered in filth.


「You are following the girls then showing up at night, that’s incredibly suspicious, right? So you are definitely idiots, and I have never doubted that before.」


「I didn’t follow the girls! I’m following you.」


「... Homo-san?」


「Not! At least say it’s BL… I’m not that either!」


Sigh, annoying, loud, hot blooded, and his existence itself is filthy.


「By the way, why aren’t you showing up before the girls?」


「...I can’t trust them.」


「Didn’t you leave the Geeks to their fate? And ignored the girls when they got assaulted? Who is the one that can’t be trusted?」


「...That’s true… But I still can’t trust them.」


It is rare for him to put so much thought into this, even though he is an idiot. It must be an idea that’s even stupider than not thinking about anything.


「Did something idiotic raise you suspicion? Some kind of retarded style of yours?」


「What’s a retarded style… You must have heard of the commotion caused by the trash in Katsuyama’s group because they possess Puppetry and Fascination, right?」


「I did hear that from the Geeks running away.」


He is furrowing his brows in deep thought─ even though he’s an idiot? Did his personality change?


「That incident cause me to lose my trust.」


「That’s weird, why aren’t you suspecting the trash, but suspect the girls and the Geeks instead?」


「You should understand why.」


「Ah─ I’m thinking, it’s futile but I’m still thinking. If I can understand what you think, I can understand the Goblins too. Maybe you should discuss this with the Goblins, you will get along well since you are all idiots.」


「That’s mean─ Just like you always are, which makes it even more infuriating!」


What a surprise, the muscle brain athletic boys still possess a shred of intelligence.


「It’s because of Robbery, correct?」

「That’s right, why are those smart fellows so guarded against Puppetry and Fascination to even cause a scene, but said nothing about Robbery that even I can tell is bad news? The Geeks and Monitress even said it’s better to hide your Skills, and even taught everyone how to hide it, there’s something fishy about this!」


「You really are an idiot, you said all that and remained on guard, but what if I’m the one with Robbery? Then there’s no point for you to hide.」


「It’s fine if you have it, and I won’t tell anyone either. Is it true?」


「No, but I do know 『Taming』. Isn’t that worse for you?」


Instead of Puppetry, Taming is more suited for these guys. They are obviously in the same monsters series as Goblins and Mean Gals.


「Huh, why does that sounds scarier!?」


He seems to have sensed the danger, he is definitely the same type as the Goblins.


「Never mind, be it Robbery, Puppetry, Fascination or Taming… It’s fine if you are the one who has it, just you. If that’s the case, I will meet up with everyone and apologize. However… I still can’t trust the others.」


This sounds like it will be a long talk, so I invited him into the tent to have a meal.


He is really gorging himself, but never mind, it’s just mushrooms.


「I don’t know why you only trust me, but let me say this first, things will be fine.」


「... Alright, got it.」


「What, that’s it? You don’t need to hear the reasons or the explanation?」


「I probably won’t understand even if I hear it, so it should be fine?」


It should be fine. Even though he didn't know what the problem was, he still said no problem. There must be something wrong with his head.


「Thanks for the meal. Phew─ I will go back and tell everyone that things will be fine, help me tell Oda’s group and the girls that I’m sorry. The rest of the guys and I will visit them and apologize in the future.」


He left with his backpack filled with mushrooms. Is that really fine...?


🞛 ‘People can understand each other through dialogue’ are just naive pretty words.


Day 16 Cave


After having an early breakfast and confirming the luggage, I sealed the door and windows with Earth Magic. If we hold a party outside, will the Cavern King come outside?
<Japan folktales: The goddess Amaterasu shut herself in a cave to sulk, but was lured out by a party outside.>


「Well then─ Let’s head downstream? Head to town? Work towards hunting the Geeks?」


「Why! Are you so! Adamant about! Hunting Oda-kun’s group!? Why!!」


Anyway, we set off and there aren’t any monsters by the riverbank.


「Haruka-kun, can I talk to you about something?」


「Hmm? Then let’s go on ahead to scout, and we can chat there.」


And so we move ahead to scout and engage any enemy. I didn’t pierce any opponents today, so I won’t get scolded.


「...... I want to talk to you about...」


「About the muscle brain idiots?」


「Y-Yes… Idiots… You met them?」


「Right, I forgot to tell you, they want to apologize to you.」


「Huh? Erm… Well… Sorry.」


Monitress bowed with amazing force, she would have headbutted me if I was any closer.


「I wanted to tell you…. But I can’t do it. My Skill...」


「Hmm, it’s fine though? I already know.」


She looked surprised, huh? 一it’s normal to know that right? Why is she surprised?


「Y-Y-You… When did you know? W-W-Why do you know?」


「Ehh, it’s normal to know, right? Well, the idiots and Goblins are retarded, so they are the only ones who don’t know.」


No, to be honest, I haven’t asked the Goblins yet. Looks like I have to keep that a secret.


「Tell me earlier if that’s a secret, it will be troubling for the both of us since I didn’t know it was a secret. But I didn’t tell the idiots.」


「But why did you know!? Geek-kun didn’t tell anyone, and told me I must never tell anyone!」


Robbery─ the Skill to Rob the Skills of others. That is probably the strongest, most ferocious and threatening ability, it will be the strongest Cheat if you have it, and the biggest threat if someone else does. Just being by their side bears the risk of losing your life or Skill. And the one who robs the Skill will grow even stronger and become more dangerous. Losing your Skill isn’t that bad, but the most common activating condition for Robbery is to kill the opponent then seize their Skill.


Your Skill being targeted means death, this isn’t something that can be resolved by staying on guard, and your only choice is to kill before you are killed. On the level of a Death Game.


If you tell anyone, no one will come near you, and you won’t allow yourself to go near anyone. Maybe you can’t rest easy until you kill the one who possesses the Robbery Skill. So this is taboo, she can’t tell anyone. Once she says it, it will be kill or be killed.


「Besides… Since you know, why did you save me? Aren’t you afraid? I will understand it if you don’t want me to go near you. It’s normal for you to detest me or abandon me. Because I can rob other people’s Skills...」


「Why? Are the Geeks afraid? They are not, so why will I be afraid?」


「Because there’s no telling when I might Rob your Skill...」


「That has nothing to do with me.」


「Huh? But I… can… Rob...」


「You want it? My abilities? You need them?」


「Ehh, oh─! ...Sorry.」


Is there anyone in the world who would want things like 『Loner』, 『NEET』, 『Shut-in』, 『Blockhead』, 『Master of None』 or 『Report-Inform-Consult』? If yes, then I will give all of it to him!


That’s right, I don’t find Robbery troubling, instead, the person with Robbery will find it troubling. These are a bother for those with Robbery.


「Erm─ I’m so sorry… However… the others would...」


「Like. I. Said. Are the Geeks afraid? That’s what I mean.」


I don’t understand what the problem is, or what is troubling her.


「Ehh─ What… do you mean?」


「You are still asking that. Because the one with that Skill is the Monitress, so everyone feels at ease!」


「Huh!?」


「Everyone was worried about who took Puppetry, Fascination and Robbery. After Puppetry and Fascination were Sealed, they were all relieved. Think about it, why didn’t anyone try to Seal Robbery?」


「Huuhh?」


「Even the idiots noticed the danger, so the others definitely noticed too. Which means, everyone thinks the issue has been settled, and there’s no problem. Since the Geeks and I didn’t say anything, they already guessed that 『Ohh─ it’s the Monitress』. Is there still a problem?」


Firstly, I know the Geeks didn’t pick it. They were surrounded by Goblins and almost died, which means they don’t have the Sense Presence Skill. This Skill can be Robbed from the Kobolds, and they will definitely do that if they had Robbery, which means they don’t have Robbery.


The Geeks who are familiar with the Robbery Skill are definitely aware of the dangers, and will search for it and warn others. But they didn’t do or say anything.


In that case, it is definitely safe. The Geeks have been subjected to unreasonable and cruel treatment at school and in the Different World, so if they think it’s safe, then things will be fine!


This seal of quality that gives you assurance isn’t something cheap like a JIS or ISO, but the patented OTA seal. There’s no crueler standard than that.


「The Monitress seems to be crying a lot recently.」


「That must be Haruka-kun’s fault.」


「I’m innocent! It wasn’t me!」


「No, you did plenty of things. Thank you...」


Our conversations aren’t in sync at all? I made her cry, and she’s thanking me? What did I do? At least it’s not anything lewd! If I did, I would definitely get the title of a Brave, but I don’t have the guts. There are 20 enemies… I will lose before the battle even starts!?


「But if you didn’t say that, how did you convince them?」


「You mean the idiots? I said there’s no problems, and they answered 『I see』 and then left. Because they are idiots?」


「What do you mean by no problem!?」


「Erm, I didn’t have the chance to explain it to them… Because they are idiots?」


「Why did they accept it so easily!? They are being treated like idiots! You are being really mean to them, and you are not just playing around!」


As expected, the Monitress overlooks one thing because she’s panicking.


「You say I’m mean, but you said 『Geek-kun didn’t tell anyone...』 just now, you are calling him Geek-kun now.」


「... Really? I’m so sorry, Oda-kun, I got brainwashed without realizing it.」


Please don’t say I brainwashed you, if I really get that Skill, the Death Game will start right away!


「My Robbery is the type that Robs the Skill by killing… So ODA-kun told me not to reveal this to anyone...」


「I see, so you already Robbed… that thing from the Goblin… and that thing from the Orc.」


I concluded.


「So the Monitress is the type of person with 『Libido』 and 『Ravage』?」


「Kyaaaaaaaaa─! Don’t say it out loud──!!」


The Monitress screamed hysterically in the forest of the Different World. Has she broken down? I got admonished hard by the girls who ran to us from behind, are you serious? I didn’t do anything though? Really?


It’s lunch time, I made another fish and mushroom barbeque! I skewer the fish and mushroom on bamboo sticks, the Monitress glared at me with Scornful Eyes.


I rotate the skewers to heat them evenly. The Monitress glared at me with Scornful Eyes.


After grilling both sides, I sprinkled salt on it and placed it on a plate. The Monitress glared at me with Scornful Eyes.


I placed the plates gently before the Monitress. The Monitress glared at me with Scornful Eyes..


She is looking at me with expectant eyes and wants to be friends… That doesn’t seem to be the case?
<TL: The message shown when monsters are tamed in Dragon Quest>


「Monitress─ snap out of it─ it’s lunch time─」


The Monitress glared at me with Scornful Eyes. I should say something.


「Erm─ Monitress, it will be fine, you still don’t have the Slut Title yet… Pfft!」


Ugh, it seems the Monitress can use Distance Reduce… What a Cheat (Collapses).


What should I do next? Leaving the matter with the Monitress aside, we are still in the forest. If we want to press on forward, we will reach the time limit in another 2 to 3 hours. I can only see the forest with Farsight, but I might be able to see a town or a road if we reach the plains, how troubling. I sneak a glance to my side, and the Monitress glared at me with Scornful Eyes… Even though we discussed the Robbery issue so heatedly and reached an understanding, it ended in violence when I mentioned Libido and Ravage. In the end, ‘People can understand each other through dialogue’ are just naive pretty words. That slash after closing in with Distance Reduce… she definitely can defeat an Orc by herself! She got me after all.


「Vice A, want to go further ahead to take a look?」


「Who’s Vice A, I’m not an A!」


「... What about you, Vice B?」


「Huh~ I’m Vice B~? But~ I’m not a B you know~?」

Yes, that’s for sure! Not just B… Ah, the Monitress is glaring at me with murderous eyes.


I-I-I didn’t see anything… Nothing at all.


We moved ahead for around an hour and still see no signs of the end of the forest. If this goes on, we will need to camp in the forest.


So traveling through the forest will take more than one day, so there’s not much difference between heading out tomorrow or camping here. Since we can’t hold a meeting, we can only use democracy and decide based on the majority votes. We can’t hold a meeting because the Monitress is glaring at me with Scornful Eyes. Before talking about democracy, I demand human rights, just the basic ones will do.


Most of the people want to go back to the Cave, so we are heading home.


We walked back the way we came. We can go through the forest to raise our levels, but that means going back to the Cave late at night, and might affect tomorrow’s schedule. So we hurry on back, there is a difference in how it feels between ready to camp and being forced to camp.


The one glaring at me with Scornful Eyes must feel the same way… that’s really scary you know?


I opened the stone doors that took so much effort to seal, what’s for dinner? Since we are cooking at home, let’s make herb grilled fish. I also prepared the bath since from tomorrow onwards, we can only take showers.


I checked the 『Map』 in my Skill, and realized the river meanders a lot downstream, bending widely to the right. Taking the shortcut will be faster, but it will take a lot of time to enter the forest and fight the monsters.


Not holding a meeting is a problem, unable to gather the participants is a problem, being too scared to gather everyone is a problem, and the biggest problem lies with the one chairing the meeting!


I left my tent to take a stroll. The idiots aren’t here today but the Goblins are. I’m tired, my heart is tired. I feel so tired of this Goblin rush~ (Whack!) (Whack!) (Whack!)

The pressure I felt returned to the heavens along with the torrent of goblins’ souls, so I headed back to my tent. Hmm...?

「This presence aren’t the idiots, is it Scornful Eyes?」


「So my nickname has changed from Monitress to Scornful Eyes… I’m sorry about today, I got too embarrassed… and accidentally attacked you?」


The Monitress, or should I say Scornful Eyes, bowed and apologized. That’s too sly, I have no choice but to forgive you! That’s right, I’m talking about her chest!


「Well~ Do your best, I guess?」


I tried encouraging her.


「Your encouragement feels so half hearted~ Are you still angry?」


「I’m kidding, have you discussed about tomorrow yet?」


「Yes, we will try walking for 3 days.」


「That’s true, we need to find the Geeks after all.」


「Gee… Oda-kun’s group?」


As expected of the Monitress, she managed to stop herself.


「Yes, I want to push the Mean Gals to them.」


Their condition has gotten much better, but they are still pushing themselves. That probably won’t stop before they meet the Geeks.


They would intentionally stand in front during battles to act like shields and protect the others. They have already been forgiven and acknowledged as comrades, but they still can’t forgive nor accept themselves. They have gotten stronger, but this is still dangerous.


So we want to let them meet the Geeks. Whether they are forgiven or not, this won’t be resolved before that, and they will be trapped in a mental dead end.


「Yes, you are right, but don’t push too hard, we want to apologize together with Shimazaki-san too. And I also want to thank them.」

Who’s Shimazaki? Someone in town? Oh, Monitress is turning into Scornful Eyes again. Scornful Eyes-san.



🞛 Experiencing Ballistic Trajectory is a Rarer Experience Than Different World Summoning


Day 17 Morning In front of the Cave


We had breakfast, time to go.


「Well then, we will be taking a shortcut through the forest, so make sure you are properly armed, okay?」


「「「Okay─!」」」


Everyone is so excited early in the morning, did a bad mushroom get mixed into the food? That’s why I said we should eat fish...


The forest is mostly Goblins and some Kobolds, but there’s no Orcs. We can go through the forest easily then. Everyone raised their levels, and fighting on the move is going well, is it because they have built up their endurance?


Speaking of which, the girls were saying in the Cave 「Did I slim down? Gotten thinner? It feels more toned now.」 as they showed their bellies to each other. I really hope they can be more considerate to the sentimental High School boy.


We made it past the mark we reached yesterday before afternoon, and should cover a lot of ground by the evening. For lunch, we munched on dried mushrooms on the road as we walked. It tastes bland and the road ahead is still far. Have the Geeks reached their destination? If we camp in the forest along the way, the girls won’t be able to hold it in and start hunting monsters, right.


I’m also using Appraise to search for food, but only found herbs, all of them antidotes for poison, is this a foreshadowing? Anyway, I better harvest all that first. It’s strange for there to be antidotes without any poison, right? If this isn’t a foreshadowing, then this will just be mowing grass.


I looked around with Farsight but can only see trees, I can only sense the Kobolds, and we can only harvest antidote herbs. My motivation for the morning has been exhausted, sighed, time to rest!


「Rest time─ I have juice here, going for cheap.」


「Hey good looking, one juice for me, I will pay with my body!」


「It’s free, okay?」


「I’m not… even… worth… one juice...」


The Exhibitionist Girl starts to draw 「の」 on the ground, I want to draw that too. I don’t even have the time to build my basement...


「Haruka-kun, don’t push Fukunuki-san too far, okay? She’s about to lose something important.」


Huh, why am I always the one getting scolded? And who’s Fukunuki-san!? I’m just giving out juice, is this a psychological or mental abuse?


「We have walked very far, but it’s confirmed that we will be camping out tonight, there’s a river sandbar some distance away.」


I can barely see it with Farsight, so it’s rather far away. But since the monsters will avoid the water edge, the sandbar is a safe haven. Should I scout it out? There’s also something else I want to test too.


「The forest seems to be fine, I think? Can I scout ahead?」


「I would have been fine but the way you put it doesn’t inspire confidence… I guess I will go with you?」


「No, please stay here, Monitress. I’m just taking a look, so I’m fine alone.」


I then left the leading element of the group, slowly accelerated, strengthened my body with Mana Wrap and started sprinting. All this is the same as before, I then make my body lighter with the Weighing Scale spell… Ohh… This is effective… I’m so light with my body weight gone… Faster… Even faster...


I ran downstream along the riverbank. I realized that it won’t work when I sprinted in the forest! It feels like the trees are attacking me at high speed like a bullet hell game! I can’t go into the forest.


There are few obstacles along the riverbank, the ground isn’t suited for running, but with my light body weight, I’m moving forward by bouncing. Can I take off into the air like this? With my light weight and speed, it should be possible if I have a running start. But without a straight path, I can’t accelerate enough, right…? Oh, a straight path!


「This will work─ I… Can… Fly...... Woaahhh─!」


I flew, or should I say, a long distance high speed walking in the sky? I never thought that there would be a day where I experience being a Ballistics Projectile, life is full of surprises. This must be rarer than getting summoned to a Different World.


The riverbank and forest turned smaller before my eyes… I can see the exit! The end of the forest… Because I’m focused on using Farsight, I failed to see what’s beyond the forest. I shot off into the sky at high speed, and was looking around under strong air resistance, so I lost my balance...and crashed. End of report.


「Hyaaaa─」(Creak! Splat! Moron!)


After falling, I have less than half of my HP left! The air seems more dangerous than the monsters, and it’s even more dangerous if you look around. And what was that last sound effect? Is the ground mocking me?


I fly up and follow the trajectory, then crash into the forest after losing speed and go into a tailspin. It hurts, but it’s also fun! Fortunately, I reinforced my body with Mana Wrap and lightened my body weight with Weighing Scale, which probably reduced the impact.


After seeing from above, I have a good grasp of the terrain. The river will meander right gradually, so it will be better to take a short cut to the right.


Okay, let’s report back.


「I’m back, we might be out of the forest if we keep going until midnight.」


「Huh, did you scout that far away?」


「No, I shot off to the sky and looked from above, then crash landed, I guess?」


「Haruka-kun, your 『Report-Inform-Consult』 Skill is not working! Why did your scouting become shooting off into the sky!? Do you have the satellite surveillance Skill!? And why are you covered in wounds just from scouting!?」


Well, I’m a Loner, so I don’t have anyone to report, inform and consult with?


「Well, I followed a High School boy’s line of thinking and wondered if I could fly in the sky, but it was closer to blasting off instead of flying… I then fell down? Or should I say crash landed? That was rather painful.」


I’m subjected to Scornful Eyes. Even so, the 『Cloak?』 and 『Cloth Shirt?』 are still fine, I wonder what kind of tough material it’s made of. It didn’t tear when the Kobolds swiped their claws at me. No matter how much blood and dirt got on it, it will return to normal after washing it with water. Just what did Villager A do in his village?


We adjusted the direction we are heading to the right, so we will go rather deep into the forest. This is a shortcut, but we need to be alert and watch out for monsters we have never seen before.


A team of five will hunt monsters in front, when the main group catches up, another team will take over, so we didn’t slow down. The Monitress has strong planning, command and analysis abilities, so her Libido and Ravage are… No, I’m not thinking of anything… The weather seems fine… It’s true, you know? How scary.


It’s getting late, and the woods are thinner now, we will be out of the forest soon. But we won’t have any cover once we leave… Should we camp around here? It’s close to the river too.


「Shall we camp here for the night… Or something?」


「「「「Phew─ Agree─」」」」


It seems they are really worn out, I will set the tent then─ and it’s done.


I got glared at! They find it hard to accept that I deployed a giant balloon castle-sized tent in no time… I can’t accept it either if they are going to glare at me for every single thing I do.


「It will deploy when I say 『open』, that’s it. Look, it’s spacious even if you put 20 people in, right?」


I made a simple open air hot spring by the river and even put up screen doors. After heating up the water, I ran away! Even if the Exhibitionist Girl stripped, I’m the one who gets scolded. Did I get a new 「Detestable person」 title? I only harvested antidote herbs today, which aren’t ingredients, and can only make mushroom salad buffet (only salted flavour is available), so everyone will have to bear with that.


The girls took turns to bathe, eat, and roll around in the tent. The Monitress and the others will be worried if I work too hard, so I pretend to rest with my hand on the ground, sneakingly sending mana to build a fence and a moat. That was what the Geeks did at the basecamp, what else is there? Oh right, let’s dig holes as a trap! Can I make a magical trap?


Actually, there’s no need for a night sentry, since the tent repels monsters and I can activate Detect Enemy and Sense Presence when I’m sleeping.


But this can serve as practice for the girls, and will be needed in the future. I thought it would be the 4 teams of girls plus me for a 5 shift rotation, but it turned into just 4 teams and 4 shifts instead. Did they add me into one of the teams?


The weather is good, the sleeping bag is comfortable, and I seem to be protected by the effects of Shut-in?


It rained two or three times in the middle of the night, but it didn’t have the volume of a normal rain. Is it the dry season now?


Since there’s a night sentry, I will sleep then… But how does everyone know the time?


「Wake up, Haruka-kun, time for night sentry duty.」


Actually, I’m already awake because of Sense Presence, but let’s keep it a secret to build more tension.


「Yes, I’m getting up… In my next life.」


「How long do you want to sleep! Haven’t you sleep enough for this life!?」


I said something moronic as I followed the girl from the rhythmic gymnastics club out of my tent, and saw the Four Heavenly Queens of the women sports club gathered here. Who’s the weakest one!? Probably Exhibitionist Girl.
<Raw says 四天王, 4 heavenly kings, the lieutenants of the Demon Lord in RPG. The meme is the 1st one you defeat will say that he is the weakest of the four.>


「Good morning, good luck with your night sentry─」


「Yawn~ so we just need to stay awake, there’s no need for any patrol?」


「You can’t sleep, or I will come sleep with you.」


「No, you will also be sleeping then! Like I said, don’t sleep!」


The Sports club girls are famous enough to be featured on TV and the newspaper. Since they are famous, they probably have names, but I don’t know.


Now that I think about it, they must be troubled in our old world, the Exhibitionist Girl is a candidate for swimming in the Olympics, and the sleepy Rhythmic Gymnastics girl also participates in international competition too. The other two have also been on TV, performing splendidly in the National competition in their First Year and earning the silver medal, and they were very popular.


「Hmm─? I remember it’s… Oh! The twin telephone poles of a certain High School!?」


I remember seeing the banner hanging at school, if I work my grey matter in my brain...


「「Who are you calling twin telephone poles!? Are you saying we have fat thighs!? What do you mean a certain High School, did you even forget the name of your own school!?」」


「Huh? I remember that’s what the banner hanging in school said?」

「It’s Twin Towers! There is absolutely zero mention of telephone poles!」


「If the school banner said twin telephone poles, I will definitely burn it!」


I got it wrong? My brain grey matter failed me.


「Uwah─ I’m so nervous being surrounded by famous people for this sentry watch.」


「「「Famous or not, you don’t even remember our names! Even though we are classmates!」」」


「I’m just an… Exibitionist… Exhibitionist Girl… Exhibition...」


The Exhibitionist Girl seems to have a deep mental trauma, probably because of the boys assaulting her before?


「Erm, well, I saw Exhibitionist Girl on TV before! She’s… the… Erm… the Swimming World’s… M-Mama Mia Pudding?」


「... Mama Mia Pudding? That sounds delicious… Pudding...」


Huh, her trauma seems to have deepened, is it because she is fighting monsters everyday?


「How did the Mermaid Princess become Mama Mia Pudding!?」


Huh─ Did I hear wrong? Am I hearing things?


「Uwah─ he will definitely get my nickname wrong.」


「Don’t worry, there’re posters of the Rhythmic Gymnastics Girls along the corridor in school. It says… Febreze? Yes, I saw it one morning.」


「「Who will paste deodorant advertisement along the corridor!?」」


「It’s Fairy Dance of the gym floor! Who sprayed deodorant in the corridor?」 


What an annoying bunch. I reminded them that the night sentries have to be quiet or it will disturb the others, but got scolded? So that’s how High School Girls act when they are mad? That’s scary.


I poke the fire and check my surroundings, Sense Presence and Detect Enemy showed nothing. The Four Heavenly Sports Queens are still angry, but regardless of gender, muscle brains are all stupid.

「Want some juice?」


「「「「Uwah~! I want some!」」」」


They are dummies on the same level as Goblins, and are so easy to deal with.


「Didn’t you say there aren’t many berries that can be used to make juice, so is this really fine?」


「Yes, I discovered that the taste will get stronger if I keep soaking the berry in water, and it will still be really thick when I water it down. It’s a mysterious beverage.」


「Ohh, unlimited free flow! You can enjoy a Drink Bar in this Different World!」


「I will distribute this to everyone when I leave, each team will get one bag.」


「Haruka-kun, are you really going to go back?」


Somethings might be logically right, but emotionally unacceptable. I also noticed that a few girls can’t accept this.


But those from sports clubs can understand, since they know the rationale better than anyone else.


「When you pick a team for your international competition, will you let someone who is with the team from all the way but isn’t good enough into the squad? That will just make everyone unhappy, right?」


No matter how they want it emotionally, those competing at the top level of sports all understood this uncomfortable truth. They are probably the only people who understood the absolute gulf in levels in our original world.


The night watch is finally over, and we change shifts with the Vice Monitress squad. Who is the real Vice Monitress?


Day 17 Late Night Inside the Tent, Girl’s meeting


After the night sentry shift change, I’m listening to the reports by the Sports group. They said that they didn’t have any chance to talk with Haruka-kun and wanted to thank him, so I assigned them to the same guard shift as Haruka-kun.


「Sorry, we failed, he convinced us instead.」

「The things he said… we can’t refute him.」


「In the end, we got led into Haruka-kun’s pace.」


「We can’t say anything… Even though we have so much to say...」


As expected, it didn’t work. Once Haruka-kun realized that someone is going to thank him seriously, he will disrupt the topic, mixing it up faster than a centrifuge, creating a mess with the high speed spinning, making it hard for you to even know what you are saying. When you realized it, instead of thanking him, you got mad at him!?


「The only way is to find Oda-kun and discuss this with them?」


It’s hard to convince him, since he wouldn’t even let others thank him. Even though everyone is lining up to thank him… He is an extremely shy person.


🞛 We can’t understand each other at all, the Different world language seems difficult.


Day 18 Morning Camp, before the tent


Unfortunately, I didn’t get the 『Fly』Skill, or 『Take off』 skill. But thankfully, I also didn’t get the 『Stall and tailspin』 nor the 『Crash land』 Skill.


Everyone got up slowly and washed their face at the river. Today’s breakfast is fish, we will only have mushrooms after leaving the river, so we should have fish when we have the chance.


「「「We finally got out of the forest!」」」


Before us is a grass plain, it’s a little hilly and not completely flat. The view is much wider than the forest, but I can’t see far since the hills are blocking my Farsight.


Is flying the only option? It’s rather fun too. But taking off and falling down isn’t really flying. That’s right, the problem is that I will still fall after taking off. Even if I didn’t balance myself yesterday and got into a tailspin, I will still fall. Yes, I didn’t even think about landing, and I still dare to fly?


Even after one thousand years, humans won’t be able to fly, but it’s different in the Different World!


So how do I land? It will be great if there's a spell to help me fly, but let’s search for things that will be useful for a landing for now. Hmm~ I fell into deep thought while checking my status.


Walking, Movement and Weighing Scale are used for take off, Package and Mana Wrap are used for landing. No, flying is also a type of movement, so Movement should help even when I’m airborne? Or use Wind Magic to reduce the impact of landing, and redirect the force horizontally instead?


Most importantly, if I can use Movement in the air, will that be flying? Hmm, that’s...


「Hey─ Haruka-kun─ are you listening?」


Hmm, did I use Walking in the air to gain more altitude? In the air? Then maybe...


「Listen to me─!」


Wooah, that surprised me! What happened!? I thought it’s the Galactic Idol, but it’s the Monitress.
<銀河の噺家: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross#Music>


「There’s something strange happen ahead, I’m asking you to check with your Farsight, I have been asking and asking all this time, you know?」


「Hmm─ Oh! There’s people being attacked by monsters? Old man and old man and… armor… archer… and mage? Ehh~? There’s one more, so there are six of them?」


「Erm, is it fine to leave them? Can they win?」


The Monitress is worried about the old men in the distance, while I’m wary of them.


Although they are attacked by monsters, there’s no guarantee they are good people just because they are human.


If you save bandits attacked by monsters, you might get attacked by the bandits. That’s the thing about the Monitress’ group that makes me worried. Even though they knew it was dangerous, they still agreed by consensus to exiled the naughty kids with no intention of killing them. In the end, the kids retaliated, and the Geeks had to run away. The Monitress’ group are too naive towards people with evil intentions.


The biggest reason I’m following them into the town is because humans are more dangerous than monsters.


「Haruka-kun, let’s help them with our faster members!」


「We won’t make it if we run from this distance, and what will we do if they are bandits?」


From what I can see, there’s an old man with a sword, old man with a spear, a person in full armor, a long haired archer hiding behind a fallen carriage, a mage wearing a hat and one other person. Their attire isn’t shabby, but there’s no telling what their personalities are. Just because you dress well doesn’t mean you can be trusted, there’s no reason to help them.


The monsters are either wolves or dogs. They aren’t humanoid with canine heads, but completely beast-like. It’s a pack of 30, and from their movements, they have the 『Coordinate』Skill. The human side will get wiped out if the wolves break through, even if we get a few faster members to rush over, we will be defeated because of the difference in numbers.


「Haruka-kun, if they are bad people who harm our allies, I will kill them. But we don’t know if they are evil, so I want to help them. But we can’t do it by ourselves, so please, save them!」


Sigh, I knew she would say that. If we are suspicious of everyone because we don’t know for sure, then it’s better not to head to town. There will be no meaning in meeting other people then.


They might be naive, but they have made their resolve. I don’t know what the future will bring, but it will be fine if we don’t regret our decisions and reflect on any mistakes. And that’s why I’m here.


「I’m going then. Stay on your guard no matter what happens.」


「Yes, I will protect this side! I’m counting on you.」


I won’t make it in time if I run, so I will use the Movement, Walking, Mana Wrap and Weighing Scale combination spell from yesterday to sprint. It’s a gamble whether I can make it.


I strengthened my body with Mana Wrap as I ran, removed my weight with Weighing Scale, maintain my Movement and cast my Wind Spell to sprint in the air. I thought that I was launched off yesterday, but I’m actually sprinting up into the air. If not, Air Walking wouldn’t be possible.


It only took an instant. I accelerated in the air with Movement and Air Walk, and the scene I just saw with Farsight appeared before me. By the way, how do I stop? I crash landed in a low altitude trajectory, colliding, rolling, crashing, and blow away more than 10 wolves. Speaking of which, I haven’t thought about how to stop yet.


「Erm─ Are you alright?」


「「「「No… We should be asking you that!?」」」」


They seem fine. But the wolf pack isn’t fine, more than half of them are immobilized.


Yes, this is an unfortunate multi-wolf traffic accident.


I charge across a distance that can’t be seen with the naked eye in just a few seconds, my speed is definitely in the 4 digits. If I covered 10 km in ten seconds, that will be 3,600 kph, almost the speed of sound. If I exceed the speed of sound, will I create a sonic boom? A conservative estimate of the distance is more than 10 km, but I don’t think I took more than 10 seconds to cover the distance.


Yes, you will die if that hits you, Mr Wolf? Mr Wolf that got blown to bits, and the Mr Wolf that was hit by the bits also get blown to bits. The Mr Wolf sent flying from the impact is also on the verge of dying. Did i create a sonic boom just now? I can see the dust rising around me.


I used wind slashes to finish off the surviving wolves and approached the old men.


「Are you hurt? Want a potion? … It’s mushroom flavoured though.」


They don’t look hurt, I’m the one who is the most injured… I’m the culprit of the traffic accident!? The mushroom potion tastes nasty.


「Allow me to thank you again, you saved us. We will definitely get wiped out in that situation. I’m the leader of this party, Ofuta, thank you for rescuing my comrades.」


「Thanks, my dude, I thought I’m done for. Are you going to Omui Town? Let us repay the flavor and buy you a drink, I’m Gatek.」


The old men bowed and thanked me. The armored person and the 3 rear guards are healing up behind the carriage, and the two old men went over to check on them.


So there is a town, Om… Mi Town? The old men probably come from that town, but I don’t have the oratory Skill to ask for intel, I will leave it to the Monitress and their girl power in gossiping.


The girls are running over here, they are so far away… Even though I’m not using Farsight… i could see something shaking from this distance!? And I got glared at from this distance.


「A pack of green wolves attacked some merchants, so the Adventurer Guild put up a request. The intel states there are 6 to 8 wolves… But it’s a pack of over 30, we will be dead if we got attacked by them.」


「I heard that there’s a Big Green Wolf for every 36 wolves, and there really is one. You saw the big fellow that was the first to turn into minced meat?」


「Are you for real, just one Big Green Wolf is scary enough. Why did the dumbass in the Guild put up such a request!」


The spear old man is angry, super angry. After all, his party almost got wiped out because he trusted the Guild’s information. It’s only natural that he’s raging.


The carriage is destroyed, the horse is dead, and the wheels are ripped off. It can be pushed upright, but it has to be abandoned.


「We were planning to use the carriage as a shield, but that will be useless against the Big Green Wolf. Damn it!」


「Sigh~ this is a huge loss. What am I going to do about my bar tab?」


In the end, the six people divided the luggage amongst themselves.


I can’t let a stranger see my Item Bag, so I only look on silently.


I didn’t have anything to do, so I skewer Vitality Mushrooms on bamboo sticks, grill it and sprinkle salt on it before handing them out. They don’t have any serious injuries, but they should have taken some damage and fatigue. Here’s some doping mushrooms! Huh, am I promoting a suspicious web product!?


「It’s delicious, it’s the first time I tried this mushroom. My body is full of energy?」


「Delicious, this must be Vitality Mushrooms! You are giving us something so valuable… Thanks.」


「Huh!? I really recovered? Is this the so called HP mushroom?」


「Vitality Mushroom!? It’s true, the pain is subsiding. Thank you, young man. You saved my life, thank you so much.」


Everyone is happy with the mushrooms. It seems valuable, even though there’s so many of them.


Other than the two old men, the rest are young girls. Even the full armor person is a model-like caucasian beauty, while the archer is a beautiful elf.


Alright then, the old man is an enemy, so it’s fine to defeat him.


「Wait! Haruka-kun! Why? You just entered attack mode just now, right? Why are you looking at Ofuta-san and Gatek-san with Scornful Eyes!?」


I got scolded? As expected of the original Scornful Eyes, she saw through my attack style. As expected of the Monitress’ Scornful Eyes!


「Oh, you finally caught up? Good work.」


「No, we have been here for some time now. And we have been temporarily keeping our guard up.」


Yes, she is standing behind and staying wary of the old man’s group. When the full armored lady thanked me and shook my hand, the Monitress was giving off killing intent to guard me… The killing intent is directed at me though, it must be my imagination.


The town is right along the river bank, so the Geeks reasoning is correct.


Omui Town─ This name is hard to remember, I will definitely forget it by the time I reach town.


The names of the old men are too difficult to remember, but I already forgot, so it doesn’t matter.


The caucasian model beauty in full body armour is Akemi, she’s fine with being called Kemi or Ake. Akemi-san works in a bar, I want to go! Can a High Schooler go to the bar?


「Kyaa, what a beautiful person! It’s a real Elf! A moving piece of art!」 The Elf who is popular with the High School girls is Kirikiru.


The full body armored Akemi is also welcomed by the High School girls screaming 「Kyaa─ so cool! Please shake my hand」 Is this the concept of the Takarazuka?
<TL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takarazuka_Revue>


The other two are the Mage Yebgueik  and Holy Mage Geventier.


Both of them are cute, but I definitely can’t do it. I can’t even pronounce their names, much less remember them. The other members are also calling them Eve and Tii, so they can’t say their full name either.


They are chatting with the Vice Monitress’ group as they walked, while the old men are with me? There are 24 girls, and I have to stick with the old man? Really!?


「Hmm, I’m not used to the proper nouns used here, so it’s hard for me to remember names.」


But for some reason, I felt 40 eyes glaring at my back, trying to kill me with their gazes.


Day 18 Afternoon Omui Town


I have never left Japan before, so I don’t know if this is a European style.


I’m not born in the middle ages either, so I don’t know if this style is the Middle Ages.


This is my first time in a Different World, so I don’t know what a Different World style is like.


Well, there are buildings made with stones, and aren't made with any particular style in mind, it just looks like that after it gets built.


The buildings didn’t look like they were erected to comply with any rules, but the entire town is made from stones.


The citizens don’t worship nature, their building materials are just stones and wood, making it a grey town.


The people on the streets mostly look caucasian? There are plenty of handsome men with well defined features similar to western sculptures. If they prefer well defined features so much, would they want me to carve them even deeper?


There are pretty women too, the kids are cute and the adults are mature beauties. How wonderful.


The old men led us into town, which requires an entry fee, which can be paid with Mana Stone. So I paid for the 21 of us with just one Mana Stone, they even gave me change.


My Item Bag has tons of these Mana Stones which have unknown purposes, so it’s no big deal if I give one away. Its numbers can’t compare to that of the mushrooms though.


The Monitress plans to exchange for money at the Adventurer Guild, register, then find a place to stay. We will gather information about the Geeks in the meantime too, if we find them, we can also get other information quickly.


Our large group marched towards the Adventurer Guild. The old men leading the way wanted to yell at the Guild, while the girls from this Different World had mixed right into the girl’s group.


Is it the one with the yellow sign? 「Ohh─ so this is a real Adventurer Guild!」 But actually, it’s just a normal stone building, since all the buildings are made from stone.


The old men can’t stand it anymore and charge right in. They sure are short tempered despite their age.


The crowd focused their gazes on me when I entered the building. Are they looking at me? Is my popularity booming?


No, they are mostly men, allow me to kindly refuse BL! There seems to be a lot of ill meaning gazes, I even heard someone click their tongue? The mood is hostile, and they seem to be a difficult group with scary faces.


A group of men that looks the beefiest with the worst character and brains stood up. They looked completely the part of bad guys, glared at me and walked towards me. Uwah, how cliche and annoying!


Oh─ Is the reason that? One guy in a group with lots of girls is an eyesore? Yes, I will think such a guy is an eyesore, and I will get pissed off! In light novels, the moment a rookie brings a cute girl into the Adventurer Guild, he will get picked on. This is the most basic and cliche scene.


They will pick on me if I brought one or two girls, even more so if there are three or four girls!


If there are five or six girls, launching an all out attack will be right on par.


For seven to nine girls, even the Guild staff will join in.


Once it reaches 2 digits, the entire town will riot! Unforgivable!


And now, there’s 24 girls. It’s beyond a national level… That’s the enemy of humanity and must be destroyed! Yes, I understand that!


「Hey! That brat with the scary eyes!」


「... What did you say? That creature whose face, brain, personality and nature are more pathetic than a Goblin? You have a problem with my eyes!?」


Even the gentle nature upstanding citizen like me will get enraged. This guy who can get the grand prize for the scariest face is saying my eyes are scary?


「Say that again… Huh?」


The jerks whose face, head, future, personality and nature are all harsh, terrible and pathetic all genuflected before me with their head to the ground and trembling? What’s this? After picking on me, why did this happen?


「Haruka-kun─! Enough, stop! The people behind are crying, and the Guild lady is shivering. Don’t glare at people, alright!?」


Huh? I’m just staring at them a little? What is with this terrible scene? Why are the people who clicked their tongues just now hiding under the table, is this a disaster training? Are my eyes categorized as a catastrophe!?


What the hell, I’m properly wearing Contact lenses, and the explanation said that my 「Eyes will turn better」, right? It’s that ugly face who glared at me first, and I just glared back a little and now I’m the bad guy? What’s going on?


For some reason, the Monitress quarantined me, bullying occurs frequently in this Different World.


I stayed in a corner of the Adventurer Guild by myself. The Adventurers aren’t looking my way at all.


Everyone is spread out around round tables, so there should be one person facing my way at each tables. But they forcefully averted their gaze from my eyes. I can sense them turning their head away forcefully so much that I’m worried about their necks.


No, you are the ones who glared at me first, why are you treating me like the bad guy?


This town is really cruel, maybe the Geeks have been chased out after being bullied.


The pretty lady at the reception, the scary looking Adventurer and the beautiful female swordsman are all not looking at me. The Knight wearing powerful-looking armour and the mage in a suspicious hood are also not looking at me. How boring! Oh, the old man is back.


The spear old man looked around me and said in surprise:


「Sorry for the wait… what a strange atmosphere, something happened? You guys didn’t pick on my benefactor, right?」


The spear old man glares at the crowd, but no one is looking at me.


「...What’s going on here?」


「Oh─ I got picked on when I entered the place? They are bearing a grudge? And are bullying me right now?」


For some reason, the people inside the Guild all shook their head quickly at the same time. No, that’s definitely bullying.


The sword old man is back too.


「Sorry, can I have a little bit of your time? Someone wants to ask you about the Green Wolves… Why is everyone staring into the distance?」


「Erm─ They are making things hard for the new guy? Or bullying the outsider, something like that?」


Again, the people in the Guild all shook their heads firmly. Huh~ That’s definitely bullying!


「Ask me what? If it’s about the Green Wolves, they got blown to bits in a flash, I didn’t see it clearly.」


「You are the culprit that made them explode! No, we are not asking you about the Green Wolf.」


「I don’t know what this is about, but it’s fine since I’m free.」


We will be going to the 2nd floor to talk. We passed right through the center of the bar, but no one met my eyes...


「I brought him here, I’m coming in.」


「Yes, enter.」


I saw the old man again when I went in. Enough already, what’s with the high encounter rate of old men here? I even got picked on because I’m in a group with 24 girls, but ended up with old men around me.


「I’m the Guild Master of the Omui Adventurer Guild, Hakiesu. Thank you for coming.」


「It’s fine, I heard you have questions for me.」


The old man Guild Master bowed towards me, why is he apologizing?


「Allow me to thank you for rescuing Ofuta’s party. This request is completely the fault of the Guild, which might cause a B Class party to get wiped out. Even if another Adventurer party was passing by, they couldn’t have saved them. I’m very grateful for your help.」


「No, like I said… he didn’t just rescue us, the Big Green Wolf was defeated by this young man here.」


「You are talking about the Big Green Wolf? We have sealed off the plains immediately...」「I told you it died.」「...Huh? Since you all got saved, then who died?」


「Not who, the Big Green Wolf and Green Wolves died.」


Their conversation is out of sync, what a pain. Nowadays, the people from the Different World don’t even know Report-Inform-Consult...


「The old man’s report is correct, they were pursued by a Big Green Wolf and 36 Green wolves, then everyone died, that’s the gist of it?」


「No, I heard everyone got saved? Who died?」


No good, I’m not getting through to him.


「One big and 36 normal Green Wolves, the 37 of them died in an accident?」


「In an accident… How?」


「How? Well, when I rushed over to rescue the old man, I collided with them?」


「What? You collided with Ofuta’s party?」


「No, I didn’t send the old man’s party flying! Aren’t they right here?」


Why? We can’t understand each other at all, the Different world language seems difficult..

「Are all of you serious? About discussing? This matter?」


Oh, it’s Elf-san, the old man density here finally dropped.


「Oh, Kirikiru, I’m glad that you are safe. I’m sorry about the quest.」


「Let’s save that for later. One Big Green Wolf and 36 Green Wolves have been defeated by Haruka-kun here, so the Green Wolves subjugation request is complete. That’s all.」


「...? Eh─Haruka-kun? ...You subjugated them?」


「No, I collided with them and blew them to pieces, something like that?」


「I have enough of this guy already!」


There are tears in the Elf-san’s eyes, she seems troubled. The old man is making the Elf-san troubled, how mean.


The Monitress is called over for some reason, and she dragged me away.


I stayed in a corner of the Adventurer Guild by myself. Even though I only answered the questions they asked after they called me over?


Day 18 Evening Omui Guild, Guild Master Office


In the end, I called Haruka-kun back to confirm the report.


「Which means, you are the one who defeated the Green Wolves, right?」


It was unbelievable, but everyone’s testimony said the same thing. And Ofuta would never joke or lie about something so important.


「You defeated them… But how did you manage that alone?」


Impossible. Only Adventurers above S class can defeat that pack of monsters alone, and they are over level 100. But Haruka-kun is just level 9, and can’t even meet the minimum criteria to be an Adventurer. He probably will have a hard time defeating the weakest monster.


「Instead of defeating them, it’s more like an accident? They got blown away after I ran into them? It’s just your run of the mill, multi-wolf traffic accident? Yes, that’s dangerous.」


No, I don’t understand at all. But it’s also true that no one refutes what he said.


Multi-wolf traffic accident? That’s a common occurrence?


I only know that the wolf pack led by a Big Green Wolf has been subjugated, while Ofuta and the rest are rescued by Haruka-kun. That’s enough, that will do.


As for the multi-wolf traffic accident, I will have to ask headquarters. Our branch office doesn't have such records.


Day 18 Evening Omui Guild, Purchase Counter


「Can I trouble you to purchase some F Class Mana Stone?」


Why put it as a question? Oh, it’s that person from just now, I need to be polite.


「F Class Mana Stone, correct? The size and purity of the Mana Stone will affect its value, please allow us to Appraise it here and determine the price. Will that be fine with you?」


「Yes, where should I put the Mana Stones?」


「Huh? Please put it on this counter.」


Where else does he want to put it? This is the Purchase Counter...


「But, won’t it fall off?」


「Ehh─? Then please place it in the center so it won’t fall off the side?」


「?... The center.. Oh, so you are using some magic to prevent that! I see.」


That person poured out the content of his... bag… Huh?

─ On this day, in order to sort and appraise the Mana stones piled up on the counter, and the huge amount of Mana Stones that spilled onto the floor, twenty staff members had to work overtime through the night. I have enough of that guy already.


Day 18 Evening Omui Guild


The Monitress successfully registered as Adventurers, and the Mana Stones can be traded for money.


When 20 people over level 30 with Cheats were registering, it caused quite a stir with the ladies at the counter. As for me, I’m just surrounded by old men.


Adventurers can start training in a party as an apprentice at Lv 10; at Lv 20, they will join a party as a rookie Adventurer; they will only act as independent Adventurers at level 30, and get recognized as a proper Adventurer.


So I can’t register since I’m Lv 9, and I still can’t register at Lv 10 since I can’t join a party. I can register and sell Mana Stones by Lv 20, but I can’t take any quests since I can’t join a party. Which means, I can’t work as an Adventurer before I reach Lv 30.


Under the current circumstances, I can’t sell Mana Stones since I’m not an Adventurer, so there’s no point for me to visit the Guild. Getting picked on, being bullied and getting surrounded by old men are all sufferings I endured in vain.


However, the Guild made an exception to purchase my Mana Stones as thanks for rescuing the old man’s party.


I headed to the Purchase Counter, followed the instructions of the lady at the counter… and got scolded? What’s going on here? I even checked with her beforehand? And I got scolded?


The lady told me to collect the money tomorrow with tears in her eyes. Huh, am I in the wrong?



No comments:

Post a Comment