Sunday, April 25, 2021

Gamers! Volume 11 Chapter 4 & 5

Chapter 4 – Tasuku Uehara and No More Restarts

Translator: your_pingas

“Ha? You can’t match her?”

Amano explicitly despised me as he walked.

I fixed my scarf and sighed.

“Don’t be so mad. I already paid the fee for this discussion, right?”

“I guess…”

My dear friend said that as he looked at the convenience store coffee with complicated emotions. That’s the one I paid for him a couple minutes ago. After taking a couple of sips, right now, he can’t be complaining.

I bitterly smiled and turned to Amano, who showed an explicitly disgusted face.

“Well, I’m not planning to say something that’ll make you nervous. That’s a promise.”

“…Really? Aren’t you planning to say you don’t match Aguri-san as a boyfriend?”

Indeed, that’s how he sees me. But, honestly, perhaps I really thought about that.

I waved my hands and said.

“I’m not saying it. That’s really not what I’m going to talk about.”

“I-I see.”

Amano immediately sighed in relief. Looking at him, I can’t help but smile gently.

(…This guy is always putting us ahead of anything else.)

Especially today- it’s the last day before White Day. I don’t think Amano has much free time too.

Even so, he still sacrificed his after-school time and stayed with a person like me. …He’s sincerely worried about me.

I appreciated it. At the same time, I swore that I have to be closer to his heart as well.

He took another sip of the coffee with a bitter face. I started talking to him once again.

“So, I’m definitely not talking about whether I match her. Instead, it’s a more realistic and urgent issue.”

“In other words, …the present for White Day?”

“Correct.”

“Well, …but, Uehara-kun, didn’t you walk around the town alone to find a White Day present?”

“Yeah, I bumped into Hoshinomori too and heard about her ‘zenpai’ thing.”

“Chiaki’s zenpai thing? Eh, what’s with that? I want to join too if that’s about a game.”

“Ah, nope. How should I put it? …Well, even though I think I should tell you first.”

So, I gave a simple explanation about Hoshinomori’s troubles and cleared my throat.

“Well, that’s everything. In the end, after that, …I’m still hesitating about the gift for White Day.”

“Really? That would be an issue for loners like me. …But, I feel like choosing gifts for girls should be easy for Uehara-kun.”

“Hmm, …that would be the case for people that gave me obligatory chocolate. I made up my mind quickly and prepared them. It’s just cheap, small snacks you can buy online.”

I clicked on my phone and showed him the snack. Amano dropped his shoulders depressingly.

“Uwah, what is this? That’s a guy living in a completely different world than mine…”

“Hmm? Come to think of it, what did you prepare? The obligatory chocolate present.”

“Eh? Well, honestly, aside from the Black Thunder I got from Aguri-san, the rest are honmei chocolate…”

“You’re even ‘normier’ than I do!”

“Wel, I guess you can call that a normie…! However, in contrast, I have to bear extra pain for not being able to return a casual gift like Uehara-kun…!”

Amano tried his best to explain. Looking at him, I said-

“Yes, that’s it!”

-At the same time, I took a step forward. Amano nearly jumped as I continued.

“Facing Aguri’s feelings- her handmade honmei chocolate, I have no idea what I should give back!”

“Ah, …I see.”

Amano nodded his head.

“Indeed, I’m pretty troubled by this too. Honestly, I don’t know how I should answer Tendou-san, Chiaki, and Konoha-san’s loving presents.”

“See!? You can’t decide at all, right!?”

I grabbed his shoulders and asked for agreement. Yet, Amano looked away a bit sorrily.

“Well, I already thought about this a long time ago. …So, I’m already prepared.”

“Huh!? You!?”

“That’s pretty mean!”

Amano’s triggered. I said sorry and rubbed my eyes as we talked toward the street.

“But, seriously, the more I think about this, the harder it gets. Presents…”

“Well, yeah. …It’s different from presents for obligatory chocolate. You can’t just base your standards on the price.”

“Yeah, I do want to find things that Aguri loves. However, the more I think about it, the more I feel like nothing can match a handmade gift.”

“I get it.”

“However, why don’t I just make something instead? I thought about it and felt like that’s not what I should do. Hmm, but I’m not a cliché guy that feels only girls should make handmade snacks…”

“Yes. Honestly, no one wants Uehara-kun’s handmade cookies, right. I don’t like it.”

“Oi.”

I knocked Amano’s head gently. He said, “Ouch!” But, he immediately stroked his head happily. I bet he craves for boy’s interactions like this, right. …I feel like this guy’s just as subtly miserable as when I first met him.

He chuckled for a while and noticed my sympathetic look. So, he cleared his throat and took another sip of the coffee.

“So, Uehara-kun wants me to help with finding something to match Aguri-san’s feelings?”

“Hmm, …well, of course, I know this is something that I should figure out myself. But, it would be great if I can have some suggestions.”

“Hmm…”

Amano showed a bewildered expression after hearing that. He thought for a while and said a bit sorrily.

“Hmm, I do want to tell my presents for White Day to Uehara-kun for your reference. …But, I still feel like the girls should know it first. Or, I should say this is my sincerity…”

Amano rubbed his shoulder awkwardly. I still love how honest this person is, and I agreed with him. “You’re right.”

“Sorry, Amano. I wasn’t planning for you to tell me. It’s okay. You can keep your White Day present as a secret.”

“Really? …I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, it’s okay. I should be the one to say sorry for you worrying about me. Anyway, you don’t need to say what you’ve prepared for White Day. I simply want to chat with you about what Aguri loves…”

“Hmm, things that Aguri-san likes…”

Amano walked for a while as he mumbled. Then, he raised his head with a bitter smile.

“Honestly, I think Aguri-san would be happy no matter what you give her, as long as it’s from Uehara-kun, right.”

“Hmm, …perhaps. However, that’s why I want to make her happier.”

“Yes, …I understand. Very much.”

Amano said that with a gentle smile. …Seeing his face, I can’t help but open my mouth for a moment. …But, I managed to keep it inside my throat.

“…………”

Both of us fell silent. For a while, I can only hear the lively street and the sound of stepping on snow.

So, we snapped out of it after a while. Then, we’re at the alley where we fought a long time ago.

Both of us can’t help but stop at the same time. After that, we faced each other and smiled.

-Just like that time, we grabbed each other’s collar.

I showed a despising look to Amano- but I’m smiling.

“Hey, virgin, who do you think you are? I guess you already treated yourself as a normie after being surrounded by beautiful girls recently.”

Facing my insult, Amano’s eyes turned sharp too- but he’s also smiling.

“You’re the same. What’s up? Where’s your ‘cricket’ theory? Did you stop sucking blood from others? Moreover, you’re always giving to others in this year to the point that it hurts.”

“You said it, you so-called twisted gamer. You’re just the same. Even though you said all you need is games- you ended up giving up your New Year because of a friend. Seriously, forgive me, don’t be like that anymore.”

It seems that we’re criticizing each other. In reality, this sounds more like flirting. I can’t retort even if he said that.

…Since that day, our relationship has changed violently.

However, it seems that we’re still always bickering with each other.

At least, from my point, Amano has always stayed the same. His courage and communication skills have improved a bit. But, his inner “Keita Amano” hasn’t changed.

…………

…I’m the same. No matter how much I try to laugh, cover, pretend as a normie or love master-

In the end, …I, Tasuku Uehara, is just a hardworking idiot.

…It was hard for me to accept this in the past. But, for some reason, right now…

“Isn’t that great, Uehara-kun?”

Once I snapped out of it, Amano already let go of my collar and looked at me gently.

Instead of saying he read my mind, that’s more like the answer to our discussion…

“…………”

I slowly released his collar.

Then, I nodded determinedly and asked.

“Do you…think that’s true?”

“Yes. Of course, as I said before, Aguri-san will love whatever Uehara-kun gives. Yes, what ‘Uehara-kun’ gives.”

“I..see.”

During this time, I finally made up my mind and decided what I should give to Aguri.

Finally- I shook hands with the guy that I found annoying a year ago.

“Yo, thanks, lonely virgin asshole.”

“It’s nothing, you flippant normie asshole.”

*

Then, it’s finally here. March 14.

I arrived at where I’ll meet Aguri a bit earlier. The “presents” showcased inside the shop windows attracted my eyes. I leaned on the wall and waited dazedly.

I sighed and looked at the sky. The sunset’s bathing the street as the snow trickles down. The clouds are pretty thin. It’s a romantic weather for White Day. However, this coldness is slowly freezing my heart.

(…Aguri…will be here, …right?)

I bet Amano will get mad at me if I tell my worries to him. Yet, this insecurity is slowly spreading inside my chest.

Of course, I trust Aguri.

Compared to the lighthearted teenager a year ago, I already have a solid bond with Aguri. We understood each other a lot more.

However, that’s why I can’t help but think about that possibility.

“Do I suit Aguri better than Amanocchi?”

“!?”

I hastily lowered my head. Then, I realized Aguri’s already next to me in her uniform. She leaned on the wall too.

Aguri looked at the sky dazedly, just like I did.

“Tasuku, you always prioritize others over yourselves, for good or for bad.”

“I-I’m sorry…”

This is what getting a fever on your face feels like. Next, I’m about to hand my important present to the girl I love. I have to show my disgusting jealousy and weak mentality.

I didn’t know you can be that embarrassing as a guy.

Facing my utter depression, Aguri continued staring at the sky.

“You’re honest. I- really hate this part of you, Tasuku. Also, I have to be sincere here.”

“…Hmm?”

“-I really love Amanocchi.”

“…Hmm.”

“For example, if my parents forced me to marry him- I won’t feel pain at all. I think that’s called love.”

“…I see.”

Come to think of it, I guess this is the first time I heard how Aguri thinks of Amano seriously. After all, she always said absolutely no for the surface Amano. That’s why I’m worried.

Then, that’s why, …unexpectedly, I wasn’t shocked at her confession.

I’m even a little bit happy about it.

…What the hell is wrong with me? Am I glad because Aguri opened her heart to me? Or is it because my friend is praised? Either way, I’m just the same-

“Hiya, …Tasuku really considers others before yourself.”

-Once I snapped out of it, Aguri’s looking at me dumbfoundedly. I looked away with a blush, “T-This is embarrassing.”

Aguri teased me and sighed. …Then, she continued as if this is just usual chatter.

“So, I met with Amanocchi before coming here and encouraged his White Day. …However, half of that is based on another reason.”

“Another reason?”

“Yes- I want to confirm the feelings between Amanocchi and me. To put it simply- I got really close to Amanocchi.”

“Wha-? …W-Well, in the end, how did it…?”

My heart can’t stop pounding. However, in contrast to this, Aguri bitterly smiled and answered.

“He vehemently and impolitely rejected me. He even got really, really mad at me.”

“H-He got mad at you?”

I was a bit shocked at the unexpected result. Aguri continued.

“Amanocchi said he knew what I was going to do. I couldn’t do that even if it’s just a joke. It’s because he doesn’t want to hurt Tasuku- and my feelings so casually. He told me, ‘Instead of doing dumb stuff like this, how about you just go and find Uehara-kun, who’s been waiting in the chilling wind, you dense gal? He got so mad at me. I thoroughly pissed him off.”

“Haha, …that’s how he does things.”

“Really. That’s why he’s a short-fused person…”

At this point, we made direct eye contact for the first time today. We smiled sincerely.

After that, Aguri started explaining the result. “However, that’s why…”

“I understood. It’s because Amanocchi encouraged me. This time, I can finally say it out loud without making Tasuku suspect anything.”

“…………”

At this point, Aguri stood up from the wall and turned to me.

The street behind her is painted with the sunset.

As usual, she showed her innocent, lighthearted, yet most adorable smile. Finally- she said the thing that I’ve been craving since meeting her.

“I love Tasuku more than anyone else.”

“…………”

Huh, my vision is getting blurry. …For some reason, I can’t see my beloved girl clearly anymore. Even though it’s such a reassuring answer, my cheeks flared up as I plopped my head down bashfully.

Aguri didn’t mind my embarrassing reaction and continued.

“Amanocchi’s really amazing. He can even get mad at Mai-nee for me. I don’t know anyone that can act like this aside from him. As for Tasuku, you simply won’t get into a fight with anyone. You’re smooth, slick, and treat all girls nicely. Moreover, you even include boys as well. You simply think that it’s best if everyone related to you is happy. What a helplessly wholesome and flippant boy.”

“…Yeah, you’re right. I have nothing compared to Amano-“

“However, that’s why I- love Tasuku.”

“…………”

“…I said this before, right? I fell in love with you during middle school…”

“Yes, I remember that. …I can’t forget it.”

“Really? That’s great.”

Aguri sighed in relief. …At this point, I finally made up my mind.

“Aguri.”

I called her name and raised my head. My eyes are filled with determination.

I looked into her eyes solemnly- and puffed up my chest.

“I hope you can go out with me once again.”

Upon hearing that, Aguri…answered with two words without any hesitation.

“Of course! Looking forward to being with you again, Tasuku!”

“…Yes!”

I nearly broke into tears for a moment. However, I don’t want Aguri to see such an embarrassing side of me.

In the end, I lowered my head and adjusted my breath. Suddenly, Aguri handed me something.

“This is for you.”

“Hmm? What’s this?”

I took it with my hands.

“…Labears keychain?”

“Yes, this is called Labears. …As I’ve said before, I actually wanted to give you this during the school trip.”

“Ah…”

I see. This is…the present I haven’t got my hands on until now. It was robbed by Main-san, and then my friend protected it - the Labears.

I stared at the teddy bears on my head. Aguri asked a bit worriedly.

“Hey, …can you take it this time?”

To this question-

I sighed for a long while. …Then, I raised my head determinedly and held the Labears tightly with a smile.

“Yeah, of course! Thank you, Aguri! I’ll treasure this with my life!”

Aguri smiled in relief after hearing my answer.

“Glad to hear that! Ah, but doesn’t this feel weird?”

“Hmm? Why?”

“…I gave you something first, even though it’s White Day.”

“Ah, that’s right. …We’re still really bad at keeping secrets.”

“Yeah. …I’m sorry, Tasuku.”

“Why is the one that gave something out apologizing? Are you an idiot?”

I said that and rubbed Aguri’s head. Then, I stood up from the wall and walked next to her.

“Even so, let me give you a present on White Day, Aguri. After all, I managed to prepare something that’ll make you super happy.”

After hearing that, Aguri said, “Eh, seriously!?” She jumped like a gal and hugged my arms.

“What is it? What is it? I’m excited. Is it a luxurious bag, makeup kit, or jewelry? …Huh, don’t tell me it’s a ring!?”

“Ah, yeah. Well, I want that if I’m picking from the shop windows.”

“Seriously!? Ah, you’re amazing, Tasuku. Unlike a certain lonely gamer, you understand-“

“We’re here.”

“-Eh?”

We took…around 5 steps from where we met. Aguri kept blinking her eyes after hearing that we’re at the destination.

“Eh, but, this is-“

She questioned me confusedly.

“This is the arcade, …right?”

“Yes.”

I nodded.

I pointed at the-

-UFO machine behind the window with an innocent smile.

“I’ll get anything you want today- my most beautiful lady.”

“Ah…”

For a moment, Aguri’s eyes are filled with tears.

Indeed- this is to recreate the scene where I first met Aguri in middle school.

This is my- most beloving present for White Day.

However…

“…H-Hey?”

…Aguri’s head remained lowered, just like mine before.

I’m suddenly getting super worried.

(Eh, don’t tell me I ruined the mood!? W-Well, I think the difference between a ring and a UFO machine is too big! C-Crap, I messed up! My inner gamer got lured out once I’m here-)

-Suddenly, Aguri buried her face into my chest and hugged me tightly.

“A-Aguri?”

Even though I’m shocked, I still embraced her tightly. The customers around are giving us weird looks, …but I don’t really care at this point.

“…………”

Both of us hugged each other for a while. We want each other to feel our body temperature.

These 30 seconds felt like an eternity.

Aguri raised her head gently.

“…Well, I’m looking forward to it, …my hardworking side-part hair-kun.”

The young girl laughed cheerfully.

I smiled.

“Oh, you can rely on me!”

So, we immediately returned to the UFO machine in our memories-

“Ah, but I still want one more thing before that.”

“Ah? What? Don’t tell me you still want the ring-“

I didn’t notice until I finished saying that. Aguri…closed her eyes and turned to me. …Of course, I know what she wants me to do.

My face is getting hotter and hotter with each passing second.

“A-Are you an idiot? We’re in front of so many people right now. This is an arcade as well. The mood isn’t romantic-“

“It’s okay. Let’s do it right here, right now.”

“…Ah, …but…”

“I said it’s okay to do it right here, right now. …What about you, Tasuku?”

“…Sheesh, of course.”

I made up my mind and hugged Aguri’s petite body. Our faces got closer.

It’s been around 2 years since we first met each other.

Even though we keep going around in circles-

However, today, at this moment-

In front of the UFO machine in our memories-

“…………”

-We kissed each other for the first time.




Chapter 5 – Keita Amano and Endgame Preparation


I found out that the demon king was already waiting for me when I returned home on White Day.

…………

I know you don’t know what I’m saying. It’s okay. Even the narrator is confused too.

“…………”

Anyway, I closed my door and observed again.

First of all, the wooden sign with an ugly “Keita” name carved onto it came into view. I made that myself in elementary school. It’s a bit embarrassing to look at it now. However, I didn’t really need to get a new sign. So, this just stayed here.

“…………”

Well, at this point, I’m 99% sure that this is Keita Amano’s room. However, I can’t eliminate the possibility of someone changing the signs. In other words, it’s like the ones you see in rom-coms or detective novels. They change the room numbers or male/female signs to cause some situations.

So, I turned around and observed the surroundings first.

The location of the stairs that connected the 1st floor of Amano’s house: Normal

The location of the window opposite the corridor: Normal

The location of my little brother’s room: Normal

Finally, the scar on the door I made when I fell down: Clearly visible

…………

So, after gathering all the evidence, I finally acquired that one true fact.

“I see. This is a parallel world-“

“No, it’s not.”

Suddenly, the door opened forcefully. The demon king-sama, the beautiful office lady, Main Fushiguro, appeared.

I didn’t even dare to move and smiled stiffly.

“H-Hiya? This is weird. I don’t remember summoning a demon king-sama in my room…”

“Really? It’s quite normal for a beautiful girl to befall in a useless passerby’s room, right. You shouldn’t even be surprised at this point.”

“It’s not going to help even if you tell me rom-com plots like that.”

“I mean, this timeline belongs in a rom-com setting, right?”

I can’t immediately deny her. Well, if something has to happen in a rom-com world…!

“E-Even if that’s true, why does it have to be you? Doraemon can appear in Nobita’s room, but why the hell is Jyaian here?”

“Who’s Jyaian? You want me to beat you to death, Amako? Socially.”

“That’s even worse than Jyaian!”

“Well, forget it. Come in first, Amako. Even though this is a room filled with a virgin’s smell.”

“You’re still just as refreshingly awful!”

Main-san urged me. I dragged my feet to enter my room. After Main-san closed the door forcefully, I sighed and walked to the table. Then, I hung my school bag and leaned on the table. “So?” I turned back and asked.

“Seriously, why the hell are you here…?”

“Hey, hey, Amako. You’re saying that like I just barged into your house.”

“I didn’t actually invite you, right!?”

“But no one says anything when the hero is literally stealing from the villagers’ home.”

“You’ll be punished in real life! Don’t you have common sense!?”

“Ha, you’re saying that like I’m a criminal.”

“Yeah, this is already a crime, after all!”

I screamed angrily at the woman that intruded my house. However, Main-san just walked next to my bed and chuckled as usual. She jumped onto it and laid down.

“Phew, …other people’s beds are really hygienically disgusting..”

“Stop!”

Barging into someone’s room and talking trash about the guy’s bed. She’s already a burglar.

After I showed disappointment, Main-san changed her pose on the bed. She put her elbows on the pillow and looked at me. Her legs are crossed like a photo idol. Also, her skirt is really short today. Honestly, I’m not sure where I should look. So, I can’t help but look at the snowy scenery outside. …I even prepared myself to be teased due to that virgin reaction. Unexpectedly, Main-san didn’t attack me for that. Instead, she went right into the topic.

“Hey, Amako. I heard you’re…giving an ending to your love on White Day?”

“…Yeah, I guess so.”

I avoided her glance and answered. Indeed, today- I’m giving a conclusion to my love.

Well, it’s just giving Tendou-san and Chiaki answers as we’ve promised before.

Of course, I already made a promise to them. I also prepared the gifts for White Day too. So, I’m supposed to make preparations here before meeting them individually.

After I got home, I anxiously opened the door, and yet- the demon king is there.

Anyway, I’m pretty anxious right now because I still have things to do. However, Main-san doesn’t seem to end the conversation. She continued while lying on my bed.

“The conclusion means giving presents to the weird girls that gave you honmei chocolate. You’re going to decide their fate, right?”

“…Why the hell do I have to tell you?”

I can finally look at Main-san’s eyes. …It’s fine if she’s just going to mess with me. Those kinds of looks- that despise someone that has feelings for me are upsetting.

Perhaps Main-san understood what I meant. She immediately sat upright and apologized.

“Indeed, even though I was joking, it’s probably really impolite to Karen Tendou and Chiaki Hoshinomori. Forgive me.”

“…It’s fine as long as you can understand.”

I can’t help but avoid her eyes again. …This part of her is really cunning. She’ll throw her logic at you violently. Yet, she’ll immediately admit her mistakes and apologize. That’s why there’s no way I can be genuinely mad at her.

I scratched my cheeks. Main-san toned down her expression and continued.

“Well, I lost your ownership already. So, right now, …I’m simply asking this as a friend of yours. Are you going to meet with the girls that gave you honmei chocolate?”

Main-san looked at me with an unprecedentedly serious face. Although I hesitated for a moment, …I still answered her question honestly…as her friend.

“Yeah, I’m meeting them. It’s just that…I’ll only be seeing Tendou-san and Chiaki today. Konoha-san has her own request, so we delayed it.”

“I see.”

“Yes.”

The conversation ended. The snowflakes are dancing outside.

…I got it. Main-san didn’t come here for the sole purpose of teasing me. However, I still don’t understand what she’s thinking. Well, even though I’ve never understood what’s on her mind.

During this time, I suddenly remembered something that I wanted to ask her.

“Come to think of it, that <Sutoshisu> fight is really-“

Main-san laughed and interrupted me.

“You’re so not romantic, Amako. I played it seriously and lost to that seaweed head. That’s all. …There’s no boring truth behind this.”

“…I see. Well, that’s all I have to say. I won’t bother you again.”

“Yes, that’s all.”

Main-san crossed her arms as we smiled at each other. …Finally, I can feel both of our hearts are slightly connected.

Suddenly, I saw the clock on the wall. It’s almost time to meet the girls.

I urged Main-san to leave, “Well…” At the same time, I started packing up the presents for White Day in my drawers.

“It’s time for me to go. Are you good now?”

Even though I’m in a rush here, I still reminded her tactfully.

However- unexpectedly, Main-san’s answer was no.

“No, you can’t. There’s still something.”

“Ha? Something?”

I didn’t expect her rejection at this point. My voice is gradually getting impatient.

“What’s wrong? Say it earlier if you have to.”

I prepared my stuff and urged her. But, Main-san continued as if she’s changing the topic.

“I mean, you’re the one that should say it now.”

“Ha?”

“Listen, Amako. I’m already ready. So, don’t hesitate to ‘put it down’ here.”

“…What are you talking about?”

I have no idea what she’s saying. Even though I never really understand her, I’m exceptionally pissed when she’s dragging me while I’m in a rush. This way, that moment that I felt our hearts connecting to each other is really upsetting.

I shoved my presents into my schoolbag and turned back impatiently. Main-san’s sitting on the bed as she looked at me with her usual arrogant eyes.

Just as I’m curious about her silence, she suddenly changed the topic again.

“Amako, you gave a suggestion for Tasuku Uehara’s White Day present yesterday, right?”

“What? Why did you ask me that? Also, who told you about this?”

“My ‘eyes’ are everywhere on the street.”

Who the hell are you?

But I don’t really need to keep this a secret. So, I sighed and answered helplessly.

“Well, yeah. It’s a suggestion for White Day. …So?”

“It’s nothing.”

It’s not nothing. My precious White Day is slowly fading away.

I’m genuinely impatient now. However, …as if Main-san’s messing with me, she changed the topic again.

“By the way, Amako, Agu forced you into a corner today, right?”

“Ha? Well, I guess…”

Indeed, Aguri-san got her face really close to me as I’m going back today. I guess you can call her trying to force me. But that’s…

“Yeah, I know the details. You were really cold to her, right?”

“Well, …uh, yes.”

I thought she’ll be mad because I hurt her cousin, but Main-san doesn’t look angry. She pressed on calmly.

“Actually, you don’t have much free time right now. Yet, you still encouraged Tasuku Uehara and Agu. …Hey, you’re really gentle, Amako.”

“…What are you saying?”

“By the way, good news, Amako. Agu and Tasuku Uehara got together. Hiya, congrats-“

“What the hell are you going to say!?”

My impatience reached its limit. I yelled violently at the woman that has a higher status than I do.

However, Main-san said this with a gentle expression that I’ve never seen before.

“You’re really gentle. Really. I’m not teasing you. Also, you’re the most determined person, at least from all the people I know.”

“What are you saying…?”

“However, that’s why you dealt with ‘it’ brilliantly. Moreover, you gave it a beautiful conclusion. No one understood it. You’re amazing. Well, …at least I can’t do that.”

“What…are you talking about…”

I can clearly feel that my voice is shaking.

Main-san slowly stood up from the bed and walked to me.

“…Hey, Amako. Let say you’re the protagonist in this rom-com. If there’s any meaning for me to barge in, that will be for moments like this. …That’s what I think.”

“…Stop.”

“So, …Amako. Even if you’re just going to do it for a second, you can throw ‘that’ onto an ‘outsider’ like me. It’ll lighten up your heart.”

“…!”

I can’t stay here and entertain her anymore.

At this point, I quickly grabbed the school bag filled with my White Day presents. This demon king-sama can be left here. Just as I’m about to leave the room, I put my hands onto the door handle-

“You can leave your ‘little breakup’ with Aguri Sakurano here.”

The demon king-sama pointed out the worst and the most crucial fact that I didn’t plan to reveal.

*

“There’s something I have to tell you.”

It’s been a couple seconds since that annoying famous detective revealed her terrible conclusion.

“Right now, I don’t have any feelings for Aguri-san, not even a little. So, you’re over-exaggerating to say that it’s a breakup.”

“I feel the same.”

Main-san agreed with me quickly. So, she started announcing her theory chicly.

“I thought Amako has always yearned for Agu ever since you met her. I know this pretty well. It’s just like the feeling Chiaki Hoshinomori has for Tasuku Uehara. You two are really like clones.”

“…Well, if you know it, why are you still-“

“However, the problem is-“

Main-san interrupted. She raised her finger.

“You didn’t let anyone around you notice it.”

“…………”

“N-No, you just hide it inside your heart perfectly…”

…I can’t help but scratch my head.

“Well, it’s true that you can’t call that love, after all…”

I looked away. Unexpectedly, Main-san understood what I said. “Yes.”

“That’s why you have a feeling to ‘yearn’ after her like that seaweed head, right.”

“Sigh, I guess so. It’s just that, well, …how should I put it? I don’t think it’s like how Chiaki felt about Uehara-kun. Think about it, I’m not really yearning for Aguri-san. It’s more like I feel pretty close to her since the start.”

“Yeah, that’s who Agu is as a person. It’s more like that’s where my cousin is attractive.”

“Yes. So, instead of saying yearning, it’s more like I thought about, ‘What if I can go out with this girl?’ like a normie. However, that’s..”

“Indeed, it’s a bit too serious to call it love. It’s actually just a hypothesis.”

“Right?”

“However, even if it just lasted for a moment, this is evidence of you seeing her as a lover, right?”

“…Sigh.”

It’s a bit embarrassing since I’m practically robbing my friend’s girlfriend away with a confession. But, indeed, for a moment, this is how I felt about Aguri-san, even though she has a boyfriend. However, that’s why, after that, I-

-Main-san interrupted my thoughts.

“Amako, you’ve always put out that ‘I will never treat Aguri-san as a lover’ attitude to me. Well, honestly, it’s a bit too much.”

“Ah, …I see. I guess so.”

Indeed, I’m always saying that to Aguri-san. However, that’s even more so when I’m fighting with Main-san. It’s because that was the only time that it’s true. …I was going to take Aguri-san away. So, whether it’s for Aguri-san, Uehara-kun, or for myself, who’s about to engage in a real relationship, …I can’t lower my guard.

Main-san’s face smoothed down after seeing my embarrassed look.

“It’s nothing, sorry. I’m not taking your yearning out of your heart and making fun of it.”

“Eh!? You aren’t!?”

“What’s with your overly unexpected reaction? Even a woman like me can be hurt. By the way, what’s my image in your head?”

“Well, …uh, aside from demon king, it would be…”

Suddenly, I thought of comparison. …At the next moment, I just spat it out.

“You’re the person to kill people with a smile while humming <Amazing Grace>.”

“You’re seriously biased.”

“Sorry.”

“Whatever, I’m quite happy, anyway. I get to tease Amako until you’re half-dead.”

“Oi.”

This person is indeed the worst. But, she’s a person like that. This is the happy serial killer in training, Main Fushiguro. Well, even though I already said the killing part out loud.

I can’t help but smile bitterly.

Looking at me, suddenly- Main-san showed a purely and uncharacteristically beautiful smile.

“However, even if that’s just the tiniest sense of love.”

She said her sincere words out loud with an unprecedented amount of warmth.

“You didn’t let anyone find out. Moreover, you even tried your best to encourage them. I think, for a child like this, an outsider like me can at least praise you for a bit.”

“…………”

“Also- even if it’s a tiny wound that can immediately heal, you’ll never tell this to Karen Tendou and Chiaki Hoshinomori. Of course, that includes Agu and Tasuku Uehara too, right? So, that’s why I’m here. …Amako, you can leave half of that in here.”

Main-san patted her chest at this point.

“…You’re really…”

Yep, I’m- pretty bad at dealing with her.

She tramples on other people’s feelings and collects happiness everywhere. Yet, in the end, she’ll buff and return them to everyone.

There’s no way I can hate things like this. So, I’m pretty bad at dealing with her.

“Here, that’s it. Pounce into my attractive chest, Amako.”

“…I’ll obey rather than respect then.”

I said that and pounced on Main-san’s chest- no, I just leaned my head on her shoulder for a while. Even though Main-san looked very unsatisfied, she still didn’t try to hug me. This person does get her stuff together in serious moments.

Finally, I raised my head after a good 5 seconds. Then, I showed Main-san my bright and hazeless smile.

I have to admit it. …Compared to when I just entered the room, I feel much better now.

I have to admit Main-san gave me the courage to face those two girls’ feelings.

After seeing me getting charged up, Main-san returned to her usual mischievous attitude. “But.”

“You did more or less notice it, right?”

“Hmm? What?”

“Don’t fool me. It’s about the ‘robbing away’ I suggested before. About that, half of you wanted to take Agu away, right?”

“Ah, I see. Indeed, I did more or less think about that. But, I just ignored it as a joke and absorbed other serious parts.”

“…Tck. In other words, you already made up your mind about Agu’s feelings since that time. Sheesh, I feel like I just gave my appreciation to an idiot.”

“It’s not like that. Well, I already made up my mind a long time ago. However, I still feel refreshed after saying it to someone out loud. It’s like getting rid of your constipation.”

“You’re treating Agu as constipation? …You’re even meaner than me.”

“Anyway, all I want to say is thanks. Thank you.”

“…O-Oh.”

Main-san said that and looked away a bit embarrassingly. …Okay, not going to lie, she looks a bit cute.

Anyway, I’ve completely prepared myself mentally.

All that’s left is to move forward.

“…Well, it’s time for me to go, Main-san.”

“…Sure.”

This time, Main-san didn’t stop me.

I walked next to her and grabbed the handle. I pressed it down and finally entered the corridor-

“…………”

-At that time, I stopped again.

“Hmm? What’s wrong, Amako? Did you forget something?”

Main-san looked at me confusedly.

I turned and looked at her eyes silently.

At the next second, I walked to the table and searched in the drawers.

“Hey? What’s wrong, Amako? Did you forget something?”

“Well, I guess so. …Ah, here it is.”

I got what I want a couple seconds later. Then, I showed Main-san. She squinted her eyes curiously.

“Hmm? What? Chocolate? …Black Thunder? …Uh, ah, that’s the important Valentine’s chocolate Mii said earlier…”

Main-san finally realized it. Yep, …it’s good that she knows what this is.

I showed a charming smile and slowly peeled off the wrapping paper-

-I tore Aguri-san’s Black Thunder chocolate’s wrap apart.

At the next moment-

“Ah, hey-“

-Main-san dropped her jaw as I shoved all of the chocolate into my mouth.

So, I chewed the tasteless chocolate violently.

Then, I rubbed the wrapping paper and threw it into the bin before walking to the door. After that, when I’m passing over Main-san- I yelled loudly with my mouth full of chocolate.


“I’ll be leaving!”

Facing my utterly idiotic action-

Main-san looks shocked for a moment. However, she immediately said, “Fantastic!” She showed a genuinely happy smile. …Thanks.

So, I stomped on the ground loudly as I went out. Main-san sent me her usual mischievous laughs.

Usually, this laughter does nothing but bother me. However, right now, for some reason, …her flippant laughs comforted me.

I walked to the stairs that lead downward before turning around again.

After that, Main-san- she’s right outside of my room. Although she still finds this pretty amusing as she hugged her chest while laughing, she gave me a strong thumbs up. The person said her farewell.

“Go, Amako. I’ll hug you- if you crashed into pieces.”



Previous ChapterMain Page | Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment