Saturday, July 25, 2020

Gamers Volume 6 Chapter 5 Part 2

Chapter 5 – Chiaki Hoshinomori and Broken Multiplayer, Part 2 of 3
Translator: your_pingas

Tasuku Uehara

10 AM, on the fourth weekend that signals the end of October.

Under the clear sky, I went through the park and arrived at the fountain, which is where we decided to meet. Then, I saw someone I know not far away in front of me.

“Aguri.”

“Hmm? Ah, Tasuku, good morning.”

“Oh, hello.”

I turned around and waved at Aguri, who’s smiling at me, as we gathered together. It’s been a long time that I’ve seen Aguri in such brilliant casual clothes. I’m feeling a bit embarrassed, but I still acted calmly and strike up a conversation.

“You went out of your way to come here. Sorry, I’m forcing you even if you’re uninterested.”

“Really. However, it’s okay as long as I’m with you.”

My girlfriend just gave me her warm words before smiling…Crap, what’s with this girl? She’s super cute. Right now, I really wanted to give up this boring real-time location game meetup and just have a sweet date with her.

Just as I’m seriously considering such a proposal, someone abruptly interrupted me.

“Ah, Uehara-kun, Agu-nee! Good morning!”

Once I looked back, there’s a girl that’s greeting us happily as she rushed here, also…

“…Good morning.”

There’s also the sulky student president of Hekiyou High School that’s greeting us as if she was forced to do so. The two of them slowly walked towards us.

We greeted each other before strolling forward. During this time, Hoshinomori spoke up with a bitter smile.

“Sigh, …it looks like we got more people than expected.”

“Of course. There’re already 6 people who were confirmed to join.”

Also, it included us four plus Amano and Tendou, 6 people in total. To put it simply, it’s the Game Hobby Club +1.

I glanced at Konoha-san, and she stared right back at me explicitly. She even started to provoke me.

“Sigh, this was supposed to be a sweet time for Amano-senpai and me only. It turned into this because someone has been pulling some strings behind.”

“Ouch.”

Hoshinomori and I mumbled. Aguri, who seemingly didn’t understand what’s going on, tilted her head to express her confusion.

“Eh? Isn’t this an ‘everyone play with Amanocchi’ gathering?”

After Konoha-san witnessed Aguri’s innocent look, …she sighed a bit less vigorously and beamed her a smile.

“It’s nothing, you’re right. Aguri-senpai.”

“Really? Konokono.”

I think Aguri’s way of calling Konoha-san suddenly changed without me knowing it. Sigh, she can rapidly get close to someone since a long ago. Honestly, Konoha-san also acted like she didn’t mind and answered. “Right.”

“However, initially, only Amano-senpai and I have played this mobile game before. So, there are just 2 participants at the beginning of the plan.”

“Really. Well…”

So, Aguri’s still using her innocent, yet an unbelievably provocative tone and pissed Konoha-san off.

“In the end, all of us get to enjoy this happily. Isn’t that great, Konokono!”

“…! R-Right, …Agu-senpai.”

“Ahaha, what’s with the name. It sounds like a species of pig. Jeez…” [This refers to the Agu pig, sometimes known as the phantom pig in Okinawa.]

“Yeah, …doesn’t that sound good? It’s quite cute, Agu-senpai.”

“Jeez, Konokono. I can’t stand such manners coming from a junior.”

“I’m sorry. I really can’t help but get into a fight with the gentle Agu-senpai.”

While both of them are still smiling, but I can feel that they’re slightly triggered…I think these two don’t match each other very well. However, instead of saying this as a relationship conflict, I guess this has more to do with the two’s completely different personalities.

However, Hoshinomori is seemingly unconscious in such a tense atmosphere. She’s even waving her arms up and down excitedly as she walked next to me.

“Hey, hey, but anyway, I’m still glad that this turned into a wholesome and enjoyable activity!”

“…Really?”

Her smile made me press my chest in relief…It’s perfect to know that this girl is feeling blessed. Actually, I wanted her to stay with Amano alone…

Just as I’m thinking about all that, we can already see the fountain that we’re meeting at. Also, the long bench at the side…

“…Uh, I would like to ask all the seniors that are studying in Otobuki here, …is that person acting explicitly like that?”

Konoha-san suddenly gave us a lifeless look as she asked a question like that.

After we heard that, all of the Otobuku students present shook their heads.

“No, the scariest part is that she’s doing it naturally.”

“For real…”

Konoha-san looked at the scenery in front of her with half respect and another half dumbfounded.

We also smiled bitterly…as we looked at that again.

…Right there.

Under the shades of the trees, there’s a beautiful, yet slightly melancholic girl with blonde hair sitting on the bench by the fountain. She’s even flipping the pages of a book elegantly with her slim fingers.

Everyone around the fountain, regardless of their gender, stopped walking and reveled in that scenery.

Kohona-san sweatdropped as she mumbled.

“No, no, no, what’s with that, she’s literally an angel!”

“She’s really an angel.”

“Is it okay for a person like that to exist outside the world of light novels! Isn’t that too weird!”

“Every student in Otobuki is witnessing this light novel scenery daily, though.”

“W-Why would a kind like that be Amano-senpai’s girlfriend!”

“This is one of the Eight Wonders of The World.”

“Ah, even the Otobuki students are so surprised to the point that they added a new wonder to our world!”

Just as we’re yelling at each other, and this is reasonable in a sense, the angel – Karen Tendou noticed us and raised her head.

She put a bookmark between the pages before rising up from the bench. Then, she walked towards us cleanly and elegantly as if she’s a model. After that, the girl stopped in front of us and smiled.

“Good morning, everyone.”

“G-Good morning.”

Everyone’s replying nervously for some reason. During this time, …she looked up to the sunny sky and continued as if it’s too charming.

“Such beautiful weather. What a great day for gaming!”

“Indeed, she’s really that guy’s girlfriend!”

“Eh? What’s wrong?”

We realized something on our own, and it confused Tendou…Yep, the jokes should stop here.

Everyone walked towards the bench that Tendou sat on as we waited for the remaining participant…The man at the center – Keita Amano.

Aguri mumbled confusingly.

“This is rare. I can’t believe Amanocchi is the last to show up. He’ll always arrive at the meeting place first and even salute while waiting for me.”

“Why are you making him salute? But, I guess it’s quite strange for Amano to be late.”

Just as Aguri and I are starting to chat about this, “Ah, about that.” Tendou helped to explain.

“He messaged me just then, it seems that he wanted to bring another person in. So, they took the next bus and will arrive one or two minutes later.”

The part that he went out of his way to contact us that he’ll be late for a minute is really like Amano.

After Aguri and I answered, “we got it,” Hoshinomori tilted her head unbelievably.

“However, who’s the person? Although we indeed wanted to invite more people to this, I think Keita’s friends aside from those in the Game Hobby Club…”

“It’s probably Mizumi, right?”

“Ah, yes, I think so.”

Tendou agreed with my guess, everyone nodded and acknowledged that as well.

So, after 3 minutes of chitchatting…

“Ah, …hey! Sorry, I’m late!”

A boy was waving his hands high at the entrance of the park and apologized as he dashed towards us.

It’s Amano. We waved back at him. However…

“Who’s…that guy? It’s not Mizumi.”

“Eh?”

The person who’s rushing here next to Amano is clearly not Mizumi. Tendou and I were shocked.

Aguri mumbled.

“I think it’s a guy, …who’s that? I have never seen him at school.”

“None of the Otobuki students knows him. Perhaps it’s just Amano-senpai’s old friend, right?”

“It’s impossible for him to have a friend like that.”

“You guys are so confident! That’s brutal!”

Konoha-san freaked out. However, it’s not like we don’t understand why she’s complaining…But, we remained very close to Amano for nearly half a year. So, we’re sure that’s not the case. If Amano really does have a friend like that, first of all, we can guarantee that he would’ve absolutely told us.

However, in reality, he really just brought a total stranger to us.

Everyone’s uproaring due to sheer anxiety. But, …Amano and his friend arrived before we can mentally prepare ourselves.

“S-Sorry, everyone. I’m late…I’m really sorry…”

“I-It’s fine…”

I answered Amano, who’s out of his breaths as he’s apologized, with a stiff smile as I glanced at the person next to him.

The guy is highly contrasting with Amano. He’s not panting at all. A tall boy with black hair and an incredibly refreshing smile. Also, speaking of this person…

(Eh, isn’t this guy…too handsome…)

This is a boy that even I had to bend my knees down to. Also, he’s not the same as me. He’s letting off a completely natural aura. I guess I can represent this kind of “outstanding” existence if I say that his impression matches that of Karen Tendou’s.

However, his handsomeness isn’t the only thing that we’re confused about.

(I feel like, …this guy looks similar to Amano?)

Honestly, their appearances aren’t remotely similar. But, unbelievably, the guy’s face is giving off an Amano-like impression.

Just as we’re utterly speechless, Amano looked slightly startled as he scrambled his brain to try and introduce the person next to him.

“Ah, sorry, uh, this guy is-“ *coughs*

Amano probably choked because he ran all the way here. Tendou, as his girlfriend, quickly tried to attend to the boy…However, the handsome guy next to Amano acted first and rubbed his back as he frowned worriedly.

“A-Are you okay, -brother.”

“B-Brother?”

We said the exact same thing out of our shock. The tall boy looked at us a bit embarrassingly…Then, he rubbed Amano’s back, who’s still coughing nonstop as he spoke up.

“Hello, nice to meet you. I’m my brother – Keita Amano’s little bro, Kousei Amano. I’m really sorry for participating in this even though I’m a middle schooler that’s not in the Game Hobby Club. To avoid any inconvenience, I’ll try my best to stay at the side. Thanks for everything.”

The handsome junior that’s too polite bowed down respectfully.

Although he got this especially “refreshing” aura, we were still shocked…

“…N-Nice to meet you…”

We barely managed to give a reluctant and stiff smile to him.




Konoha Hoshinomori

In contrast to the subtle nervousness within everyone based on last time’s experience, this activity is unexpectedly smooth…Moreover, this is really peaceful and enjoyable.

I think the biggest reason has to do with that GOM Search is somehow quite entertaining.

Walking around in the real world and collecting items around checkpoints with emotional ups and downs. While the game mechanics are pretty cliché, but there’re so many checkpoints that you don’t need to worry about not being able to find one, even in rural areas like this. Together with the easy-to-use controls and the ingenious item collection mechanic based on luck, all the elements merged into this one great game.

In the end, we chatted happily as we strolled along the park excitedly and went from checkpoint to checkpoint. Two hours had already passed before we knew it.

Amano-senpai is looking a bit exhausted, so he let out a “phew” and sighed.

“We walked quite a lot. My legs are getting tired.”

The tall, refreshing, and handsome boy next to him – Kousei Amano answered relaxingly.

“Brother, you’re still just as inactive as usual.”

Also, he’s calling Amano-senpai with “brother” or “onii-san” while I just call my older sister “onee-chan.” It feels that they’re not very close upon hearing that…

“K-Kousei, you’re annoying.”

“Hehe, I’m different from you. I’ve always trained my physique back in my middle school’s Volleyball Club.”

The little brother smiles innocently at his older sibling. Amano-senpai pouted his cheeks angrily.

“Kousei, you really robbed everything from me, whether it’s height, intelligence, appearance, or physique.”

“Ah, brother, you forgot about ‘gaming skills’ as well.”

“Ugh! I really hate myself for not being able to retort and can do nothing aside from getting sulky!”

“Hey, hey, brother, I’m sorry for being such an elite little brother.”

..Hm. It looks like the relationship between the brothers is even closer than us sisters in a sense. However, if that’s the case, why doesn’t he just call him “bro” directly, …perhaps this is the difference between sisters and brothers.

(But, …it doesn’t matter. I’m only interested in the older brother, anyways.)

I centered my vision at Amano-senpai, who’s taking heavy footsteps, as I can’t help but lick my lips and covet inside my heart.

(Ahh, for some reason, I’m quite fond of seeing Amano-senpai suffer.)

Today I realized an unexpected sexual fetish of mine once again…Yep, should I try an even nastier hentai game next time?

Just as I’m thinking about it, my older sister suddenly spoke up with a relatively loud volume, which is quite rare.

“W-Well! E-Everyone, …it’s almost time for lunch, right?”

“…Yep.”

After we heard her suggestion, we finally realized it’s past 12 PM already…Also, coincidentally, we can see a rural burger steak restaurant in front of us.

Agu-senpai pressed her stomach as she moaned.

“Ah, I think I’m starving right now.”

“Really? Uh, …it took us a while to get here, let’s just go in for lunch, alright. Everyone agrees?”

All of us raised our hands at Trashara’s question, and we agreed to enter the restaurant. Amano-senpai, who’s twice as exhausted and emaciated as others, pressed his chest in relief.

We acknowledged our hunger once again. Then, we chitchatted about what we should order as we stepped into the restaurant gleefully. However-

“7 in total, right? Uh, right now, …let me see. All of you will be split into two 4-person tables that are a bit far away, will that be too inconvenient?”

At the moment that the waitress asked us, that cheerful atmosphere of us disappeared immediately and turned into the usual “battle of wits” mode-

“Ah, other customers are coming as well, let’s just sit randomly.”

-Right there, Amano-senpai gave a reasonable suggestion. We were forced to take a seat before we even had a chance to think.

In the end…

(…………)

…Trashara, Karen Tendou, me, …and the new face Kousei Amano. The four people that weren’t supposed to be together seated in the same table.

(…………)

Tendou-senpai is with Trashara, and I’m with the little brother…We stared at each other silently as if we’re at a funeral.

Tendou-senpai and Trashara are seemingly unable to get their partners off their heads…However, well, of course, I wanted to sit with Amano-senpai and onee-chan as well. From the little brother’s perspective, I guess he wanted to sit in the same table with the only person that he’s familiar with. That’s why…

(…………)

…None of us moved an inch. There’re only 3 people on that table, so one of us can go there…But that’s why no one is moving, everyone’s in a status quo.

The four of us are pinned down in this overwhelming silence. On the contrary, that table…Amano-senpai, onee-chan, and Agu-senpai’s side.

“Ahaha, even the meal choices are the same as well. Amanocchi and Hoshino, you two are adorable together!”

The menu is placed in the middle of the table. Those three people playfully and cheerfully ordered their dishes. My sister is even cleverly occupying the seat next to Amano-senpai. How blessed.

In comparison, our side…

“…Sigh.”

Our sighs wholly overlapped. This is literally hell. None of us are benefiting.

Even so, we can’t stay depressed for long. We opened the menu on the table as well, …but we’re not as enthusiastic as the other side. We just decided what we want to eat plainly and ordered after we called the waitress.

(…………)

The silence returned to the table again…To be honest, I feel like, in situations like this, Tendou-senpai or Trashara should lead the discussion since they’re seniors…However, the two of them are way too focused over the next table. I think they’re busy.

I let out a sigh as I admitted defeat. Fine, whatever. Then, I followed my desires and tried to strike up a conversation with the little brother next to me while smiling.

“Hey, your name’s Kousei, right? Can I ask you something?”

“Sure. What do you want to ask?”

Kousei-kun took a sip of the cup of water as he answered me with a bright smile. As for me, I fiddled the tip of my hair a bit embarrassingly…and looked up to him.

“Let me ask you about that brother of yours…Uh, from a little brother’s perspective, do you know…what type of girls is he into?”

Tendou-senpai and Trashara were shocked at my question. As for the little brother, …he quickly answered my question with a warm smile.

“Ah, you’re asking this? Hmm, I do know my brother’s preferences.”

“R-Really? Uh, …c-can you tell me?”

I straightened my back and faced him with excitement. Just as Trashara and Tendou-senpai are slightly interested in this topic…

The little brother gave me the answer clearly with an angelic smile.

“At least, bitches like you will never be his type. Know your place, slut.” [Note: That’s really what he said. I’m not translating it aggressively.]

“Oh. Really…”

“!”

W-Weird, I think I heard something shocking just then…Uh, must be my imagination, right? Trashara and Tendou-senpai bulged their eyes as well…Hmm, both of them got it wrong as well, right?

Moreover, in reality, the little brother is still giving us his refreshing smile. Yep, there’s no way for a guy like this to say something along the lines of bitches and sluts to seniors that he just met. Ahaha, I’m such a silly girl! Did I play hentai games too much!

“What’s wrong? Did I just say something impolite?”

The little brother tilted his head and expressed his confusion to our stiff attitude…Yep, I must be imagining things. That’s great, I thought something went wrong for a second.

I answered with a forehead full of sweat. “I-It’s nothing, everything’s fine…” Then, I think Tendou-senpai is trying to switch up the mood, so she started talking to Kousei-kun,

“Uh, …right, Kousei-kun. Do you feel uncomfortable staying around your brother’s friends all day? I hope you can enjoy yourself and didn’t hold back…”

She’s really a real angel. What a natural way to show that she cares.

To that, Kousei-kun straightened his back as he waved his hand, and hastily denied. “No, no, it’s fine! I’m totally not holding myself back, not at all!”

“Really? That’s great.”

Tendou-senpai smiled as she said that. Kousei-kun also answered “yes” as he gave us a warm smile-

-He spoke up embarrassingly with that smile.

“There’s no reason for me to hold back against the dust and trash that float around my brother!”

“…Hmm?”

Our suspicion just then is now almost confirmed…At the same time, we started sweating real hard on our faces.

Kousei-kun still faced Tendou-senpai and Trashara with a refreshing smile.

“Right! I’ve heard about you two from my brother! He described you two as an incredibly cute, handsome, and respectable girl and a gentle, reliable, good friend!”

“R-Really.”

The two seniors are suddenly praised to the top, so they scratched their heads embarrassingly.

Kousei-kun took a piece of paper towel from the side of the table. Then, he carefully wiped the water droplets spilled onto the table from his cup as he continued with a bright smile.

“However, once we actually met, I realized you two are indeed retarded peasants that can never hope to match my brother. I’m feeling a bit more relieved.”

“…? R-Retarded…peasants?”

Tendou-senpai and Trashara seemed like they didn’t understand what did he just say, so they repeated those words as if they’re parrots.

As for Kousei-kun, he continued while facing the two seniors without any hostility.

“Sigh, I guess that’s fine as well. The two of you are irreplaceable for my brother, after all! Really!”

“R-Really?”

The two were a bit embarrassed again. Kousei-kun smiled and continued.

“Yeah! Please continue to pretend as a ‘fake friend’ and ‘’fake girlfriend’ from now on. It would be great if you two can stay on good terms with my brother for a long time!”

“F-Fake…?”

“Yeah! After all, you two aren’t in the same league with my brother at all. However, right now, he misunderstood that you two are his friend and girlfriend. So, it’s a fact that he earned some sort of mental comfort from this. In this sense, I think the two of you are still really important to my brother.”

“R-Really-“

“Even though you two are absolute trash when compared to him!”

“!”

What kind of emotional shock is this? Right now, what did the little brother do to the two people in front of me? Torture? Is this some kind of new extreme punishment or what?”

However, Kousei-kun continued innocently to the two seniors.

“So, Tendou-senpai! Uehara-senpai! From now on, …please continue to be my brother’s ‘soul fertilizer’ as well!”

“…Uh…”

What the hell is this guy talking about?

The two normies from Otobuku can only fell speechless after hearing that.

…What should I do? What’s with this atmosphere? This shocking first experience of my life made my brain stopped working entirely.

A-Anyway, the one thing I can guarantee is that …we would all lose our appetites if this continues.

I let out a forced “ha…haha” laugh as I tried to smooth things over.

“A-Alright, this little brother just suddenly said something surprising. Even so, from the fact that he still agreed for us to stay with Amano-senpai at last, I guess it’s cute if you considered that as a Tsundere reaction-“

“Nope, you’re different, Konoha Hoshinomori. Please disappear immediately from my brother, you slutty bitch.”

“Why!”

I can’t help but slam my hands on the table as I stood up. So, -everyone in the restaurant, including Amano-senpai’s table, glanced at us.

Amano-senpai looked at us worriedly. Kousei-kun then replied with a bitter smile.

“Haha, brother, is it really the time to be worried about someone right now? I don’t think you guys are talking enough…”

“I-It’s fine! Y-You’re annoying, Kousei. This is none of your business. Jeez.”

Amano-senpai turned back angrily to continue what they were chatting about. During this time, Kousei-kun nodded respectfully at onee-chan and Agu-senpai when they’re looking at us.

I sat back down after I witnessed their interaction. Then, I racked my brain and started talking acridly to this guy….this stinky douchebag with a stomach full of crap.

“Hmph, you’re already calling me a bitch…K-Kid, you sure do know how to act innocently.”

“Eh? You say…I’m acting innocently? What are you talking about?”

He tilted his head as if he’s genuinely confused….T-This prick!

“I-It’s because your attitude is entirely different for us compared to them!”

I pointed out my reasoning clearly. Even so, the little brother…No, douchebag Kousei is still giving us an unbelievable look like he doesn’t understand what we’re talking about at all.

“Ah? Uh, this is something that’s bound to happen, right. It’s because that table is my brother and his genuine friends. There’s no reason for me to treat them impolitely. Did your brain rot after you turned into a bitch?”

“Huh-! T-To your brother, this table is also full of his treasured friends, right!”

Tendou-senpai and Trashara nodded vigorously at what I just said.

However, Kousei-kun let out an “ah?” before giving us a serious look.

“Nope, you three are different. I’ve already said this a couple times, right? In this table, …there’s only ‘my brother’s fake friend,’ ‘my brother’s fake girlfriend,’ and the ‘pure bitch.’ Sigh, how regrettable.”

“No, no, no! I’m the one that should feel regret right now!”

“Yes. You should be regretful of your chastity.”

“It’s not about that! Jesus, I-I’ve had enough!”

I scratched my head frustratedly! W-What’s wrong with this guy! Rage kept funneling up to my brain, I’m so angry that I don’t even know what to say!

Just as I’m mumbling to myself, Trashara tried to continue and asked.

“Uh, K-Kousei? I do have a question…”

“Ah, okay, what is your question? U…Ue…the green leaves senpai who’s just acting as a foil to my brother.”

“G-Green leaves…Whatever. I-I’ll bring that up later. Kousei? Just then, …you were saying it like you’re highly respecting the members from that table. However, that means…”

After Kousei heard what Trashara just said, he answered with a random bright smile. “Ah, right.”

“Aguri-senpai and Chiaki-senpai. I really respect them. Sigh, …my brother got himself two great friends in high school. To that, I’m delighted to know this today…”

Kousei wiped the tears off the corner of his eyes after he said that…T-This guy is crazy. He’s excelling my “hentai game lover despite being a student council president” side. He’s a complete psycho. I can’t believe Amano-senpai’s little brother is actually a guy like this…

(No, this makes so much sense once I thought about it.)

After all, Amano-senpai is like a device that attracts weirdos. Even though I don’t count.

Tendou-senpai and Trashara seem to have also adapted to my mindset as well. The three of us understood what’s happening at the same time.

Just as I’m pondering about it, the meals arrived.

Kousei-kun is still acting so politely that we began to suspect what’s wrong with that toxic discussion just then. He started eating after announcing, “thanks for the food.”

We felt that this is pretty dumb as well, so we started chewing on our burger steaks deflatedly.

After a while, suddenly, Tendou-senpai asked Kousei-kun something tremblingly.

“Uh, …Kousei-kun?”

“Ah, yes, what’s wrong? Uh, …Te…Te…Tempura crumbs? No, …uh, …right, the female side character senpai?”

“Side character…W-Whatever, it’s okay. Uh, …Kousei-kun, I have a simple question. Why are you just acknowledging Aguri-san and Hoshinomori-san as your brother’s friends?”

“Eh? You’re asking why…Isn’t that obvious? They’re entirely different than you three trashes. Those two are pretty amazing, way out of your league.”

“R-Really.”

Even Tendou-senpai mumbled a bit dumbfoundedly.

Trashara and I said “that’s enough” before skipping the conversation between them. Then, we ate our meals.

However, …Kousei then said something that made us stopped eating.

“It’s because those two noticed that my brother isn’t feeling too well today.”

“…Eh?”

We bulged our eyes in shock. Kousei-kun still continued eating as he spoke up again.

“All of you thought that I’m only here to check on my brother’s friends, right?”

“Quite possible.”

The voices of the three of us completely overlapped. Kousei admitted. “Yep, I do.” Then, he continued.

“In reality, I do mean to just ‘accompany my brother’ if we’re just talking about today. Ah, even when I said he’s not feeling well, of course, it’s only limited to a slight headache. I’ll never let my brother go outside if he’s really sick.”

“T-Things like that…If the guy doesn’t say anything, we wouldn’t have know…”

Trashara looked away as he mumbled. I didn’t Kousei-kun to not only agree with him with a “yeah,” he even continued after taking a bite of the burger steak.

“Honestly, I also felt that it’s quite extraordinary for people to be able to notice small things like that. Come to think of it, only a family member who stayed with him for a long time can do it. However, that’s why I thoroughly respect those two for realizing that my brother’s under the weather. Ay, Chiaki-senpai and Aguri-senpai are really amazing. I can’t believe my brother can meet such incredible friends in the school. I’m so throbbed right now.”

“…………”

Tendou-senpai and Trashara lowered their heads at what Kousei just said. Kousei then cut his burger steak with chopsticks.

“Ah, please don’t misunderstand. This is just the reason for me to ‘respect’ those two. That’s not why I’m treating you three as trash. I’m not despising you all out of your inability to notice that my brother’s not feeling well.”

Kousei smiled after he said that. It looks like he got a unique view on everything.

He continued.

“So, the reason that I’m giving you guys a bad rating is just that I hate ‘people that thought they’re smooth and slick’ at everything. My brother has always been hurt by people like that, …including myself.”

Just as we’re holding our breaths, Kousei chugged a cup of water down his throat as if he’s trying to vent something out. Then, he glanced at his brother with a look filled with a traffic of emotions.

…Perhaps…this guy is different than what I thought. He’s not just a guy with a stomach full of crap-

“But that bitch right there is a piece of universally-agreed trash.”

“You’re talking too much!”

I wanted to hit his head, but he easily dodged it without even looking at me…Ugh, he got strong base stats! What’s with this person! Onee-chan, I think I got myself a rival as well!

Tendou-senpai and Trashara remained silent since they can’t retort Kousei.

As for me, I mumbled as I glared at Kousei…Then, I suddenly realized he’s absolutely not just paying attention to his brother.

“…Kousei, why are you staring at my sister?”

“!”

Kousei immediately freaked out as his body froze. He blushed a bit embarrassingly and mumbled. “…Shut up, you bitch.” Then, he quickly cleared all of his rice.

…Ohhh?

“Really. I get it. You have a massive brother complex. When there’s a cute girl who’s personality is the exact same as your beloved brother, of course, you’ll pay attention to her.”

I spoke up and revealed Kousei’s thoughts. However, he wiped the corner of his mouth with tissue nervously as he gave me an icy stare.

“Huh? …Hmph, that’s what a shallow bitch would think. As a biological being, it’s reasonable to have an intense sexual drive. Still, if that comes at the cost of rationality, it’s absolutely over for a human.”

“W-What! How could I be wrong to think that you’re in love with my sister?”

“No, I do agree that I ‘love’ Chiaki-senpai.”

“L-Look. You’re indeed falling for my sister.”

“That’s the difference. That’s the decisive divergence between a bitch and me. The dream that I’ve painted for Chiaki-senpai…It’s not those kinds of pathetic loving relationships. Instead, it’s a far more noble and sublime imagination.”

“Huh?”

Kousei just said something baffling. The three of us looked at him dumbfoundedly. So, …Kousei suddenly brought up his disgusting wish intoxicatedly.

“I’m thinking about whether my brother can marry Chiaki-senpai. If that happened, there will twice the existence of my brother. If they gave birth to children, there’d be 3 to 4 times as many beings that resembled my brother…”

“…Uwah…”

We can’t take it anymore, that’s crazy. Kousei Amano, he’s super insane. I can’t believe Amano-senpai has such a shocking trump card behind him. N-No, perhaps senpai didn’t even know that his little brother’s real side…However, I guess it’s better for him to not know.

After that, we continued digging in silently. However, it’s different than when we just took a seat. It’s not because we felt awkward.

“Kousei Amano. My appetite is losing for every second spent talking to him!”

Depression. Intolerance. His attitude and ability to cast these emotions onto us make it extremely difficult for us to enjoy our meals. Kousei Amano. He got a caring heart for his brother, a wicked tongue, a stomach full of crap, a love of cleanliness, and purity found in middle schoolers. What a miraculous chemical reaction.

After we robotically swept up our burger steaks, we quickly called the happy, lunchtime-enjoying trio that’s far better than us to leave the restaurant…Although we feel kind of terrible to them, it’s now too suffering for us “The Trash Group” to talk to Kousei Amano.

“W-Well, what should we do next?”

Everyone finished paying up and walked to the door of the restaurant. Trashara glanced at Kousei Amano’s movement with the corner of his eyes as he asked for everyone’s schedule.

Amano-senpai is the first to answer.

“If everyone’s still interested, I kind of wanted to take a short walk and continue playing GOM search. It helps with the digestion.”

Kousei Amano answered with a bitter smile.

“Jeez, brother, you will always be active in times like this.”

“W-What’s wrong, Kousei…Why does it matter.”

“It’s fine. However, in reality, I’m not as interested in the game as you, brother…”

“U-Ugh, Kousei…”

“It’s pointless to let out a sound like that. This is decided by everyone, right? You’re the one that said it, right, brother? ‘If everyone’s still interested,’ …everyone agrees?”

Kousei Amano looked at us with a refreshing smile after he said that.

“…………”

Tendou-senpai, Trashara, and I immediately started sweatdropping.

“Before we ate that lunch, …I can sincerely agree…he’s trying to be a ‘good little brother that knows when to exhort his brother’ when he said that.”

Honestly, onee-chan and Agu-senpai, who don’t know Kousei’s real side, answered with a polite smile. “Ay, I guess I should play with Amanocchi sometimes.” “I wanted to play for just a little bit more like Keita…” Kousei continued. “Really? I’m sorry. My brother’s causing quite a hassle…” What a polite reply.

…Yep, that’s fine. That’s really fine…However…

Kousei then turned to us- with his super bright smile.

“Uh, but, it’s not like I need everyone to stay with my terrible gaming otaku brother, though.” (Didn’t my brother say he wanted to go for a walk! Say ‘yes” right now, you peasants!)

“I think we can hear what he’s actually trying to say-!”

We can’t help but tremble. What the hell is this? Kousei Amano is super insane. While it looks like he’s a typical ‘good little brother’ type, and it does look genuine. However, there’s a pretty horrible dark side hidden in it. In comparison, I think my switch between the student council president mode and the hentai game lover mode isn’t even that bad.

…Anyway.

Just like that, -everyone “agreed” to retake a stroll for the checkpoints.



Previous Chapter | Main Page | Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment