Friday, December 30, 2022

Too Many Losing Heroines! V2 Special Intermissions 3 - 6


Translator: Pingas


Taiwan Release Special

Intermission: Bubbles and Girls’ Overflowing Nostalgia


*The following short story contains spoilers. Please read it after the main one.


“Ohh, …Remon-chan. These bubbles are amazing!”

Remon Yakishio’s grandma’s house. Yanami’s sitting in the bathroom. Her eyes are sparkling as she holds a hand full of bubbles.

The amount of bubbles and the excellent scent far exceed the quality back home. They immediately spread across the skin when rubbed on her arms with a soft sponge.

“Even though I can’t tell them apart, this is quite expensive, right? The bathroom is also really luxurious-”

Yanami washed her body as she looked around.

The wide bathroom walls are adorned with colorful mosaic tiles. The white claw foot bathtub is straight out of a movie scene.

“...Don’t tell me Remon-chan’s grandma is actually very rich?”

“That’s not true. I think it’s because the last owner is very meticulous about their bathroom.”

Remon leaned on the bathtub. She dipped the back of her foot into the hot water.

“Today’s soap is special as well. Grandma always let me use the more expensive one.”

“Oh, your grandma really likes spoiling you.”

Upon hearing that from Yanami, Remon showed an embarrassed smile.

“Is that so? Grandma says we must make sure to take care of our skin.

“...It’s true, Remon-chan.”

Yanami suddenly lowered her voice. Remon turned around in surprise.

“Aren’t we still in high school? Isn’t it too early to worry about these things?”

Yanami shook her head with a serious look.

“Remon-chan, we’ll soon be game over if we indulge our youth. It’s not just our skin. My metabolism has been falling apart too. My lower stomach grew fatter, even though I didn’t eat much.”

“Oh…”

Remon hesitated to speak up. She decided to remain silent. It seems that she chose friendship over dissing her.

“Remon-chan’s skin is beautiful, you know? However, something terrible will happen if you don’t do anything.”

“Hold on. I also use lotions too. There are those one-for-alls, right?”

“Alright, I’ll teach you how to take care of your skin later!”

Yanami washed away the bubbles with the shower. She then stretched her back and stood up.

“I should get in the claw foot bathtub too.”

“Sure, it’s your turn.”

Yanami changed places with Remon. She sank her body into the bathtub.

The overflowing hot water flushed the floor. The bucket gently bumped into the wall.

“The bath agent’s scent is good as well. Your grandma has tastes-”

Yanami stopped talking and looked at the ceiling. Her expression tells that she seems to have realized something.

Remon was in the bathtub. Right now, the hot water is overflowing-

This phenomenon’s meaning is plain as day.

“...Remon-chan, did you only sink your lower body into the water?”

“Eh? What does that mean? You’ll catch a cold if you don’t get shoulder deep, you know?”

“Yeah, I’ll catch a cold…”

Yanami watched Remon washing her hair. She secretly pinched her lower abdomen-



Intermission: The Summer Elf Loves Tricking People


Summer holiday. I avoided sunlight as I headed toward the library to borrow books. I’m on the outskirts of the playground. There aren’t many people here due to the extreme heat.

During this time, a familiar voice fell from above.

“Eh, isn’t this Nukkun? What are you doing here?”

It’s Yakishio’s voice. I raised my head. Yakishio in a swimsuit came into view immediately.

Her wet and tanned skin reflected sunlight. The soaked swimsuit is sticking close to Yakishio’s fit body.

I immediately looked away, yet the tan at the fringe of her swimsuit was already engraved into my eyes.

“Huh! Uh, well, …why are you dressing like that!?”

“It’s because this is the pool, of course.”

…She’s right. I seemed to have passed by the pool coincidentally.

I looked at Yakishio carefully and took a deep breath.

“I’m going to the library. Yakishio, are you in the Swimming Club too?”

“The Track and Field Club girls are helping the Swimming Club to clean. The best part is that we get to swim as well.”

“I-I see. W-Well, I’ll be leaving…”

“Ah, hold on, Nukkun!”

Yakishio squatted down on the other side of the metal grid fence. She looked at my face.

“Isn’t there an exam paper for maths homework? I threw it away. Let me print one.”

“...Why did you throw it away?”

“You can’t blame me. Should I say it’s the sense of freedom I get from entering the summer holiday? I just followed that feeling and threw everything away.”

“I already finished that exam paper. My answers are on there as well. There’s no use in printing it, okay?”

“Eh? Why did you finish it? The summer holiday’s not over.”

Is it that weird to do my summer holiday homework during the summer holiday…?

“If that’s the case, it’s fine if you’re done too. Anyway, just give me that, hmm? I’ll ask for a blank exam paper from someone else.”

“Did you just suddenly change your goal?”

Perhaps they have heard our conversation, the Track and Field Club girls gather around.

“What’s wrong, Remon?” “Boyfriend?” “Seriously?”

“No, no, it’s just Nukkun.”

Yakishio laughed and waved. What does “it’s just Nukkun” mean?”

“Hello, Nukkun.” “Are you here to check out Yakishio’s swimsuit?” “Wow, your skin is so pale. Your face is so red.”

The percentage of skin in my sight is climbing steadily. Eh? …How did I get surrounded by a group of girls in swimsuits?

“T-That’s all. Excuse me. I’ll be leaving.”

“Wait! What about the exam paper?”

“Why don’t you just ask the teacher?”

“Eh, the maths teacher is scary. …By the way, Nukkun, why aren’t you looking at this side?”

“It’s because of…swimsuits.”

In any case, staring at a girl’s swimsuit at zero distance is a little too stimulating for me. Please forgive me.

I’m embarrassed. The Track and Field Club girls glanced at me as they whispered to each other.

“...It seems we can copy his exam paper if we show him our swimsuit.” “For real?” “Isn’t this a little lewd?”

“Eh? No, there’s not a promise like that…”

I denied it weakly. Yakishio’s cheerful voice covered mine.

“Is that so, Nukkun!? Are you looking at my swimsuit?”

“Eh!? No, uh, I got it! I’ll ask for a new exam paper from the teacher and leave it in the club room!”

I quickly ran away after saying that. The high-pitched voices of the Track and Field Club girls flew toward me from behind.

“Nukkun, see you!” “Don’t forget to ask for mine!” “Don’t lay your hands on Remon, okay!”

…Please forgive me. Seriously.



Intermission: The Secret Chest


Afternoon, summer holiday. I’m chilling in the club room peacefully.

“...Being alone is so nice.”

I couldn’t help but say that. Even though I’m just here to borrow books, it’s so comfortable to chill and read in the club room without interruptions.

Then, my fingers stopped flipping the book.

“What was that noise…?”

I heard taps from the corridor. The club room is located in the depths of the old building.

The gradually approaching noises should be footsteps, right? Also, -I think that person’s running barefoot.

“Great, the door isn’t locked! Excuse me, Nukkun.”

Remon Yakishio barged into the club room with her lively voice. She’s pouring a bottle of water into her mouth. At the same time, for some reason, there’s a pair of soaked shoes on her hands.

“Uwah, your shoes are dripping. How did that happen?”

“I had a water fight with my friends. My shoes got soaked in the end.”

…A water fight? We’re already high school students, right?”

Well, but, ignoring the rules with youth as an excuse is the attribute of an extrovert. Even Yakishio definitely acts cute and messes with her friends a bit too.

“Yakishio, don’t just put your wet socks on the table! There are cloth hangers- ahh, sheesh, don’t squeeze the water out of your shoes in the room!”

…This girl is like a simple naughty kid. I hung up the soaked shoes and socks outside the window to dry them with sunlight.”

“Thank you, Nukkun. You’ll be a good wife.”

“There are a lot of books in the club room. Please pay attention to the moisture.”

After saying that, I noticed Yakishio’s outfit, and then I looked down. Two of Yakishio’s shirt buttons are left open. I can clearly see the tan lines on her chest within the shirt’s gaps.

“What’s wrong, Nukkun? You suddenly looked away.”

“Listen, girl. …You should button your shirt properly.”

“It’s pretty hot in the summer. Of course, I’ll untie one or two of them. I’m the one who wants to ask Nukkun. Won’t you feel hot if you fasten all of the buttons?”

“Eh? I have to. Otherwise, I can’t wear my tie.”

Yakishio ignored my answer and approached me with an innocent smile. Her chest tan lines are flying toward me.

“I had felt this a long time ago. Nukkun isn’t wild enough. How about you unbutton your shirt and change your hairstyle?”

“Huh!? W-Wait, you’re too close!”

“Look. Look. Loosen your tie, and at least leave one or two buttons open. Nukkun, your skin is pretty pale, you know?”

“Wait, don’t just unbutton my shirt! If someone sees this-”

Indeed. I know someone will always show up at moments like this. That person’s name is-

“Huh!? W-What are you two…doing…here?”

“Ah, Komari. Welcome.”

…Chika Komari. She opened the door. Her jaw dropped as she remained in that posture and stood outside dazedly. Yakishio smiled and waved at her.

“Do you want to join us, Komari-chan?”

“Eek!? I-I’m g-good…”

Komari shook her head furiously and shut the half-opened door. Her rapid footsteps quickly faded away.

“Hiya, Komari-chan left.”

“...You know, you just made Komari misunderstand that scene completely.”

“I’m just trying to change up Nukkun’s appearance. What’s there to misunderstand?”

“Eh? T-That would be that. …It’s that. That.”

I gave a vague answer. Yakishio let go of the tie she had been holding.

“I don’t really understand, but a misunderstanding should be resolved, right? I’ll go bring Komari-chan back!”

“Ah, hey! No need to bring her-”

Yakishio dashed out of the club room and chased after Komari.

I was left alone. I looked at my messy clothes- and frantically escaped from the room.



Intermission: 100th Anniversary - Since 1923


After school, I saw Komari in the club room upon opening the door. I quickly greeted her and sat down. Then, I glanced at her. She’s holding something and staring at it silently.

“Komari, what are you looking at?”

“T-The one from the 100th Anniversary of S-Seibunkan Bookstore. …I bought it.”

Komari showed a tote bag chicly. Wait, if I remember correctly, this is…

“You got that tote bag? It’s sold out in the flagship store, though.”

“I-Is that so? W-What a shame.”

Komari got carried away and laughed. I raised my hand earnestly when she was about to put back her bag.

“...Komari, let’s make a deal.”

“D-Deal…?”

I nodded. Then, I took out a card from my wallet and put it on the table.”

“That tote bag. I’ll offer you a price along with this QUO Card. How about that?”

“Q-QUO…Card?”

“Yes, it’s like a book voucher. You can use it in convenience stores, you know?”

“S-So, you’re telling me…t-to resell it to you.”

I didn’t really need to answer. I remained silent. Komari glared at me.

“...Y-You’re the worst. Moreover, I-I rarely go to the convenience store.”

“But won’t you get bored eating cream bun rolls every lunch? How about you get something else once in a while?”

Komari’s eyes grew sharply between the gaps in her bangs.

“T-That’s not important. The main thing is whether it’s cheap or not- that’s all.”

“Isn’t it better to have this QUO Card if you don’t have money? …You can buy bread that you like sometimes.”

“B-Bread that I like…? S-Something like sweet buns…too?”

“Of course, you can get as many as you want.”

Komari looked up something on her smartphone. She raised her head.

“S-Seibunkan Bookstore accepts QUO Cards a-as well.”

Eh? Really? Komari’s fingertip reached toward the QUO Card on the table. I immediately reached my hand out too.

“...N-Nukumizu, w-why are you pressing the card?”

I suddenly regretted it when I knew I could use it in the bookstore. My fingertip pressed even harder.

“My my, well, reselling isn’t good, after all. You should be the one to give it some thought. Don’t you really like that tote bag? Now’s the only time you can have one, you know?”

“T-The Seibunkan near the c-city library still has stock left.”

Girl, say that earlier. I tried to make a fuss about it. Komari’s tiny hands robbed the QUO Card away.

“W-Well, I’ll be using this.”

“Wait, I think-”

Komari’s cheerful smile came into view as I said that.

…Sigh, I guess I don’t need to be so stingy when she’s this overjoyed.

Komari stood up with a bright smile. It looks like she’s going to the bookstore right away.

With a bitter smile, I watched Komari’s departure. Then, I opened a book alone in the clubroom. Sigh, it’s a fact that I didn’t manage to get the tote bag. Treating that as a small errand fee isn’t- eh?

She took away the QUO Card without giving me the tote bag…?


Previous Chapter | Main Page | Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment