Saturday, March 27, 2021

Gamers! Volume 10 Chapter 5 & Bonus Chapters

Chapter 5 – Lonely Gamer and Slashed Love

Translator: your_pingas

Mid-February, Saturday, a little bit past 12 PM.

“Oh, this is the legendary <Around 1>, right!? I didn’t expect it to be this big!”

“Right! Tasuku, this feels fun!”

I saw this vast entertainment facility after getting off the bus. The normie couple immediately started getting excited about it.

The snow in the parking lot is reflecting the winter’s sunlight. My eyes hurt from looking at it. So, I turned around and asked the seaweed girl in front of me.

“…What is this? A guy like me can’t possibly mix in a normie group playing at a huge entertainment complex…”

“Yes, I think so too, Keita. In my humble opinion, we can’t really turn into normies even if we have many guys and girls. So, this isn’t different from sitting alone in school.”

“I get it.”

“Yeah.”

Just as we’re agreeing to each other’s shallow opinions, someone suddenly smacked our heads at the same time from behind.

I turned back and saw my speechless hentai gamer kouhai.

“Can you two please stop? Seriously, it’s really disgusting.”

“…Ugh.”

“Sigh, even so, it’s pretty disgusting if Amano-senpai and onee-chan are the only ones having fun.”

“What should we do then?”

“Who knows? Oh, anyway, senpai can start with holding hands with me.”

With that, Konoha-san squeezed herself between Chiaki and me and hugged my arm. In times like this, my first response is always complaining before escaping. …However, Konoha-san’s confession on Valentine’s Day appeared in my mind, and I didn’t react appropriately.

Konoha-san seems to have noticed what I’m thinking, so she mumbled next to my ears.

“Hey, senpai, you don’t need to mind it so much. My usual attacks are way more exciting than that, right?”

“Sigh, even so, that’s…”

“No, I’m serious. You don’t need to draw the line. Also, I’m not M enough to hear an answer that’ll one-hit KO me. Please forgive me.”

Konoha-san said that unwillingly.

As for me, …even though I didn’t entirely agree with her, I still reluctantly accepted her suggestion.

However…

“Oh, but about the chocolate, can I please say something about it, Konoha-san?”

“Shut up, senpai! Sheesh! Actually, I didn’t want to say it. That chocolate’s supposed to motivate onee-chan-“

“Thank you. I’m cheered up thanks to that Konoha-san-styled chocolate.”

“…Eh, oh, …r-really.”

“Hmm? Konoha-san?”

She suddenly released me. Her face is much redder than when she’s hugging me.

I wanted to ask her if I said something wrong-

“-Ouch!”

In the end, someone smacked Konoha-san’s back brutally from behind.

“What are you doing!?”

She looked back with teary eyes. As for the person standing in front of her…

“That’s my line. What the hell are you doing to my onii-san?”

…He’s my little brother that still hates Konoha-san for some reason, Kousei Amano.

Konoha-san immediately retorted.

“By the way, why the hell are you here today!? The main goal of today’s activity is going to <Around 1> with everyone in Otobuki High School’s Game Hobby Club, right! You’re not invited!”

“Right back at you.”

“It’s fine for me, okay!? I’m a relative of the participants!”

“Right back at you.”

“You’re always so arrogant. Who do you think you are? You’re a complete nuisance.”

“Right back at-“

“Stop saying that!”

“-Shut up, cockroach. I’m about to vomit.”

“You could’ve just said right back at you!”

I feel like Konoha-san and Kousei are having fun. Let’s forget whether they’re having fun, at least it’s really lively. So, Chiaki and I walked away secretly.

Finally, the last participant- my ex-girlfriend, Karen Tendou, got off the bus.

“Sorry to make everyone wait. I just dropped my lipstick on the bus…”

I hastily shook my hands to her and replied, “It’s okay!”

“It’s fine! It’s more like I admire that you can hide lipstick in your pocket!”

“Hiya, Keita, that’s a bit much…”

“Meanwhile, the seaweed girl here doesn’t even know what lipstick is!”

“I-I know it, okay!? It’s just lipstick. I brought it today too! Look!”

“Wha- Did I just see something other than light novels, phone, and consoles in Chiaki’s bag!? …Can you believe this!?”

“I’m pretty shocked with how shocked you are, alright!?”

“S-Stay calm, you two. At least don’t fight like usual today…”

“…Hmph!”

Chiaki and I looked away from each other. During this time, Uehara-kun, Aguri-san, Konoha-san, and Kousei gathered around us.

After everyone got here, Tendou-san cleared her throat and said.

“Uh, well, let us remind ourselves why we’re here today.”

“Yes, yes! We’re here to have fun with our loved ones! That’s all!”

Aguri-san immediately raised her hand and yelled. Uehara-kun scratched his cheeks next to her.

Tendou-san turned to Aguri-san and smiled.

“Aguri-san?”

“…! …M-My bad, right. Ha, ahaha…”

After she said that, it’s not just Aguri-san. Everyone started trembling from fear. …That’s scary. Tendou-san is in serious mode today. I should say it’s like Tendou-san in the Game Club.

This is because…

“Ahem. Indeed, I’m fine with everyone enjoying the entertainment facilities here in <Around 1>. However, …don’t tell me everyone forgot the main goal?”

“…………”

…Oh my god. Tendou-san’s pressure is even stiffing Kousei and Konoha-san, who aren’t afraid of anything. It’s hard to blame them. It’s because the so-called “main goal” is…

“…We have to think of a way to defeat the last Game Club president, Main Fushiguro.”

“Very well! Let’s go then! Oh!”

…………

My hardcore gamer main heroine-san combined the goal of taking her ex-boyfriend back and challenging an expert gamer together.

“Let’s go! …Yes, I, Karen Tendou, have to do it…!”

She’s so energetic that I can’t deal with her.

*

So, it’s been around 2 hours since we dashed into <Around 1>

“Hey, Amano-kun, Chiaki-san! Move up! Here, here!”

“…Alright.”

Right now, …Tendou-san’s transversing the arcade area energetically. The two hikkineets are chasing behind her exhaustedly.

“Phew, …phew…”

We nearly ran out of our breaths and finally caught on to Tendou-san. As for Tendou-san, she’s clearly in contrast to us. Her eyes brimmed with energy as she spoke up.

“I’m sorry, you two. This game looks like a single-player one! But I think we can still fight with our scores. Can I try it first?”

“Go ahead.”

“Thanks! Well, I’ll go for it!”

At that point, Tendou-san immediately inserted a coin and sunk herself into the game.

We sat on a bench farther away to avoid blocking others as we watched Tendou-san.

“…Phew.”

Both of us sighed deeply right after sitting down. We exchanged looks before smiling bitterly.

“We finally managed to take a break 2 hours after we disbanded at the entrance, Chiaki.”

“Yeah, I really didn’t expect the ‘gung-ho’ Tendou-san to have an infinite amount of stamina…”

Indeed, …we entered <Around 1> 2 hours ago. Tendou-san suggested her high-efficiency “finding ways to defeat Main-san” method. We’re separated into “3-2-2” groups with a lot-drawing mobile app. …There’s no problem up to this point.

Also, Tendou-san is just as “energetic” as Chiaki said. A girl with unlimited stamina just had to be grouped with Chiaki and me, who are proud of our meager strength. This is unfortunate.

Thanks to that, Tendou-san’s dashing around at a shocking speed while making us lose with new games. The cycle repeated for 2 hours. Our bodies have already reached their limits.

Chiaki rubbed her shoulders helplessly and mumbled.

“It’s lucky that this is a single-player game…”

“Right…”

I answered Chiaki as I looked at Tendou-san. In contrast to our exhausted body and low morale, she’s still playing games non-stop…

(…Haha. She already played it countless times. How is Tendou-san still so strong, beautiful, and energetic…?)

I can’t but be attracted to hardcore gamers- no, Karen Tendou, the girl that loves gaming so much. She’s still a completely different person than me.

However, …that’s why I-

“…Hey, …how are things for the other two groups?”

Suddenly, Chiaki talked to me. I quickly looked away from Tendou-san.

“Eh? Oh, well, h-how did things go…”

“…………”

I’m a bit afraid to look at Chiaki’s eyes directly. …Come to think of it, I’m just looking at a girl that confessed her love to me before. There’s no need for me to feel guilty. …Yes.

(This is…the problem, …right.)

I realized what I’ve been doing wrong again as I adjusted my mind. I chatted with Chiaki.

“I feel like the other groups are just as bad, but with a different meaning. I mean, …look at our groups.”

“Right…”

Chiaki bitterly smiled after hearing my answer. …It’s hard to blame her. It’s because the other 4 people are…

“I can’t believe Konoha’s with Agu-nee and Uehara-kun’s with Kousei-kun. These pairs really have an unstable relationship at best…”

“Yep, especially for Aguri-san and Uehara-kun. I bet they’re disappointed.”

Seriously, I feel so sorry for them. So, I suggested to Tendou-san, “Just let them be together…” However, she didn’t even accept it.

“To be fair, it’s very possible to put ‘entertainment’ in the first place if people with good relationships got into the same group. That’s why we’re drawing lots, right. In the end, all of this is meaningless if we just regroup because someone’s not satisfied. Don’t you think so?”

That’s right. We felt speechless with her incredibly correct answer. …So, all of us ended up like this. Everyone aside from Tendou-san isn’t satisfied with the result.

“Hiya, Karen-san’s really the Game Club president. She’s amazing.”

Perhaps Chiaki’s just remembering what happened 2 hours ago like I am. She bitterly smiled and said, “Right.” I answered.

“A place like this can really make us associate with the original president, Main-san…”

“Really? From what I can see, she looks like a serious person….”

“No, the true Main-san will arm herself with relentless logic and correct answers.”

“Ugh, t-this is pretty hard to defeat.”

“Yes, …that’s why.”’

I can’t help but frown when I remembered Main-san’s overwhelming strength. As for Chiaki, she watched Tendou-san playing the game. “Actually…” She spoke up.

“…Hey, Keita, do you think that Karen-san can defeat Main-san?”

“Uh, well…”

I fell silent. Chiaki already knew the answer from my reaction alone. “I see…” She plopped her head down for a moment. Then, she immediately looked at Tendou-san, trying her best to play the game again with a smile.

“I think Karen-san knows this too since she has already fought her once.”

“…I guess so.”

“However, Karen-san didn’t even complain for a second today. …She’s just playing games cheerfully, energetically, and seriously.”

“Yeah.”

“I feel like this must be because she believes this is Keita’s happiness on the line. That’s why she’s doing this. Karen-san only uses her maximum power when it’s related to Keita, right.”

“…Really?”

“Yes, …Karen-san’s really charming. I mean it.”

“…Yes, too charming. I mean it.”

“…………”

“…………”

The conversation suddenly stopped. Strangely, I don’t dislike this silence.

Chiaki started playing with her fingers on her skirt embarrassingly. For a moment, I can’t help but watch her. …Then, I realized her skirt is really short today. So, I quickly looked away. At the next moment-

“Thanks for the wait, Amano-kun, Chiaki-san!”

“I’m really sorry, sir!”

-Tendou-san already finished her game and came to us. As for me, I stood up, straightened my back, and saluted her.

Chiaki was pretty shocked. Meanwhile, …Tendou-san dropped her jaws for a moment. After that, she laughed out sincerely.

“Sheesh, …why are you always talking to me like that every time we’re at <Around 1>?”

“Every time? Eh? Uh, o-oh, …come to think of it, the same thing happened in the pool too.”

“Right, You remembered it?”

“Yeah. …Sigh, that was nearly half years ago. I haven’t changed by a single bit.”

“Haha, right. Amano-kun has never changed at all.”

“…No, I think it’s a bit much to use at all, right?”

“It’s not. This is a fact. It can’t be helped. You never changed who you really are. …That’s why I love you the most.”

“Uh, hey, no, why are you saying that in front of Chiaki-“

I tried to cover my embarrassment while blushing. As for Tendou-san, she turned around and urged me. “Let’s go.”

“Forget it, let’s go to the next place, you two!  We have to meet with the others in an hour! There are only so many places we can research on! Quick, I’ll leave you two behind!”

“I can’t forget it…”

She has always been a person that goes all out on something she likes. I thought she was looking at me properly for a second. In the end, she returned to her world of gaming again.

…………

…However, that’s why I really love this girl.

(Yes, …this is it. Well, I should…muster up my courage and confess my feelings…!)

Just as I’m about to make an important decision-

“…Hey, no, wait, Tendou-san!? Don’t just leave us behind, okay!?”

When I snapped out of it, Tendou-san’s really leaving us behind for the next game without hesitation. I realized I’ll lose her if this continues. So, I freaked out and looked at the other person.

“Chiaki, let’s- hey, why are you just sitting over there!?”

“…Eh?”

“Don’t ‘eh’ me! We’re really going to lose her! Alright, stand up now! We’re moving, Chiaki.”

Chiaki was still dilly dallying around. I’m a bit in a hurry, so I grabbed her hands and walked.

As for Chiaki, she said this to me nervously from behind.

“Uh, h-hey, Keita, I…!”

“What’s wrong!?”

“…How should I say it…? I’m sorry. I think now’s not the time yet.”

“My God, what are you talking about!? Alright, Chiaki, let’s catch up to Tendou-san!”

“O-Okay! U-Uh, …t-the guys seem to be turning around and looking at something, Keita!”

“That’s it! We’re running in their direction, Chiaki!”

“Yes!”

So, Chiaki and I started hastily chasing Tendou-san again.

After that, we went through another exhausting hour until meeting up with everyone.

*

“Wow, this is beautiful!”

“Yeah!”

When we entered the meeting place, which is <Twilight Platform>, Tendou-san and Chiaki looked at the giant glass window with bright eyes.

“Look, Chiaki-san! The building over there, …isn’t that Otobuki?”

“Eh, really? Which one?”

The two girls are yelling around like children. They’re looking at the beautiful scenery cheerfully.

I stood next to Tendou-san and praised this incredible scenery beyond expectation.

“Oh, this is amazing. I thought there’s nothing to see on the 5th floor. …Come to think of it, this place is already the highest in the countryside.”

“Yes, that’s it. This place was still under construction when Amano-kun and I came here last time. I heard that it’s finally open this year, and I looked forward to it secretly. This panoramic glass platform leads to the food court too!”

“It’s really amazing. If only it was open last time…”

“Yeah, but even if it’s not a date, I…”

During this time, Tendou-san gave me an angelic smile.

“…I’m already pretty happy to come here with you today.”

“…Uh.”

I can’t help but scratch my cheeks in embarrassment after hearing her overwhelming amount of love. At the next moment, -Tendou-san seems to have realized it and started making excuses.

“N-No! Oh, no, it’s actually not wrong! I’m not saying that I’m already happy with staying next to Amano-kun! How should I say this? I’m just touched by this scenery! D-Don’t misunderstand it, okay?”

“Eh, oh, sigh, I’m sorry. Honestly, I misunderstood a bit just then as well….”

“Huh!? Oh, no, not all of it is your misunderstanding! Yes! C-Can you not agree that you got the wrong idea before I said it’s a misunderstanding!?”

“I’m sorry, Tendou-san. Can you say what you’re feeling again!? I have no idea how to answer you right now!”

“I love you, Amano-kun!”

“Uwah, I can’t catch it when you’re going for the straight ball.”

Tendou-san and I plopped our heads while blushing intensely.

Suddenly, someone pinched my sleeves on the left. I was thinking what’s wrong…

Chiaki, who’s supposed to be on Tendou-san’s side, dashed next to me for some reason. …She’s even sticking really close to me.

“I-I’m just trying to look at the scenery from here!” Chiaki continued a bit angrily. “Forget that.”

“Look below you too, Keita.”

“Hmm? Below?”

I looked below me after she urged me. Oh…

“Oh, I can see the pool from here.”

“Yes. …Keita helped me in the past there.”

“Helped you? …Uh, oh, come to think of it, some guy tried to talk to you before. Uh, but he doesn’t look like a bad person too…”

“Even so.”

At that moment, Chiaki looked at my eyes directly.

She sincerely appreciated me in a very embarrassing way. There’s no way for me in the past to imagine that.

“At that time, I’m really, really relieved to meet and touch Keita.”

“Uh, …oh, r-really…?”

“Yes, even though it’s a bit late, …Keita, uh, thank you very much for what you did.”

“Oh, hmm…”

…It’s because Chiaki never thanked me in person. My heart’s getting restless as I fell silent.

-At the next moment, Tendou-san…mumbled lonely on my right.

“…This feels a bit lonely.”

“Eh!?”

I freaked out because I don’t know whether what Chiaki and I talked about hurt Tendou-san.

When Tendou-san saw my face, she hastily smiled bitterly. “Oh, this doesn’t mean anything else!” Then, …she said what she was really thinking a bit embarrassedly.

“I had a lot of fun today.”

“Oh, uh, …that’s good.”

“Yes, really. However, …that’s why I feel, how should I say this…?”

“Hmm? What is it?”

During this time, Tendou-san stood in front of the sunset. Then, she said this to me with an incredibly charming yet lonely smile.

“The memories I made with you on our first date will be slightly covered with what happened today. …I feel a bit lonely because of that.”

“----“

The moment that I saw her face and listened to what she said-

I finally- made up my mind.

Right at this moment-

“Hey, Amano!”

-I can hear Uehara-kun from behind. When I turned back, everyone’s already standing on this <Twilight Platform>.

Tendou-san waved at them and suggested to us.

“Well, let’s get some snacks-“

However, I-

“Tendou-san.”

“Eh?”

-I grabbed Tendou-san’s hand and made her stay.

“W…What’s wrong, Amano-kun?”

Tendou-san was shocked at what I just suddenly did. Her eyes are rolling around.

I stared at her dreamy iris directly-

-Then, I took a step forward forcefully.

“Eh…”

Tendou-san’s trembling because I suddenly got closer. At this point, Uehara-kun and the other three also started noticing the unusual mood between us.

…………

(…But I don’t care.)

Usually, I would feel nervous, and my face would be all red. Perhaps I’ll just back down and apologize in the end.

However, right now, my heart-

(Main-san, …Konoha-san, …Mii-chan.)

-My heart is filled with the “lessons” I took from the people I met recently.

Yes, …lessons.

I learned how to grasp my own happiness from Main-san.

I learned how important it is to be cheeky sometimes from Konoha-san.

Finally, I learned how to- express my love and feelings from Mii-chan.

The biggest thing to take away from them- is something that they said. That sentence is revolving around my brain right now.

“Go rob it. Don’t back down.”

“However, I’m not tolerant enough to look at my rival’s face while in a relationship.”

“It’s easy to prove your own feelings. Just-“

At this point, I opened my eyes again and got even closer to Tendou-san’s face.

“Tendou-san…”

“A-Amano-kun…?”

So, even though Tendou-san’s still confused, …she finally realized what’s about to happen and looked into my eyes. Then, she slowly closed hers.

I finally made up my mind when I saw her reaction.

Who cares whether everyone’s watching me? Who cares whether I’m in front of my friends? …More importantly, who cares if I’m in front of another girl that loves me?

Fearless. Ignorant. That’s how I’ll prove my feelings.

I thought I can at least “cover” our first date’s memories with an even happier one. So, I got close to her lips-

“Keita.”

-Someone called my name right before I’m taking her lips.

Initially, I would’ve just ignored things like this and continued kissing. However-

“Eh?”

-I can hear this voice right after I decided to do something. So, I answered this voice with unexpected sincerity. I turned back as if my brain forced me to.

At the same time, -suddenly, a certain “fatal mistake” ran across my brain like electricity.

-Come to think of it.

Three suggestions influenced me a lot recently.

All of these are valuable and irreplaceable lessons.

Is there another person- that heard all of this at the same time as I do?

I’m afraid that person listened to what Main-san and I talked about in the bookstore.

“Go rob it. Don’t back down.”

She was here when Konoha-san gave me chocolate. That girl is even more impressed with Konoha-san’s courage than I do.

“However, I’m not tolerant enough to look at my rival’s face while in a relationship.”

Then, finally, …that girl also heard Mii-chan’s lesson on how to prove your feelings on the other side of the phone.

“It’s easy to prove your own feelings. Just- kiss her.”

Then, that girl- is already commented as having an identical soul as I do.

In other words-

Right now, at this moment-

That girl experienced the same determination as I do. It’s incredibly possible for her to reach the same conclusion as I do.

That girl, she’s right next to me-

“Oh…”

-I finally thought of this horrifying possibility. At the same time-

When everyone- when Tendou-san’s watching me dazedly-

“Uh, ugh…!?”

-Chiaki Hoshinomori brilliantly sealed my lips with hers.

[End of Vol.10]



GAMERS (ゲーマーズ) Magazine Special

Chapter 1 - Aguri and Reset Marathon


“Hey, Amanocchi. What’s with this ‘RM’ thing you’re doing?”

Aguri-san threw this question when we’re in a family restaurant meeting.

I temporarily put my phone aside and took a sip of hot coffee. I answered.

“What does Aguri-san think it is?”

“Uh, …a veteran football player that just retired?”

“No, this isn’t the abbreviation of Diego Maradona. It’s the abbreviation of reset marathon.” [This joke doesn’t work in English.]

“It sounds really exhausting. I think I can imagine an old man with a 300-yen daily wage pressing the reset button for the whole night in a gloomy room with a table and foldable chairs only.”

“No, no, it’s not a physical patience experiment like that. Well, I guess you can say it’s disgusting. To be put simply, you just keep resetting and playing the first part of the game.”

“Eh, why are you doing that? Did someone bully you?”

“Please don’t give me such a sympathetic look, okay? This isn’t bullying. I’m doing it because I want to.”

“The kid forced to buy bread for all of his friends says that too.”

“W-Well, uh, it’s just a reroll of the 10 free gachas in a mobile game-“

“?”

“Oh, …Aguri-san, if you can exchange the cards in your hands as much as you want at the start in poker, what would you do?”

“I’ll obviously keep exchanging cards until I get good ones.”

“See? What would you do if you had to pay 100 yen to exchange again after the game started?”

“I’ll just exchange them at the start! Until I’m satisfied with the cards!”

“Yes, that’s it. That’s why I’m doing this RM thing. I’ll keep rerolling until I get a strong character as a great start.”

“I see!”

Aguri-san understood and started drinking her melon juice.

As for me, I grabbed my phone again and restarted my RM process. So, around 10 seconds later, Aguri-san continued. “But.”

“…Amanocchi, do you think this is fun?”

“Ugh.”

This gal always gets me on my weak spot. I skipped the mobile game’s tutorial as I answered.

“Well, I think it’s fun if you ask me. Look, it’s like playing the lottery every 5 minutes, right?”

“But the lottery isn’t fun as a game, right?”

“Ugh…! B-But, look, didn’t we talk about poker before? This is important for a better gaming experience later…”

“What do you mean by important? If this is poker, isn’t the game already over when I just exchanged my cards to a royal flush? If I’m you, I would just leave the game in satisfaction.”

“Uwah!”

I can’t retort against this gal, who’s always so on-point.

Moreover, Aguri-san stared at me as she continued calmly.

“It’s called an RM when you get a great start with a strong character. …Oh.”

She seems to have noticed something. …After that, she gave me an unexpected attack, who’s still pretty confused.

“In other words, Amanocchi, God didn’t reset you in an RM, right?”

“WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN!?”

Even a guy like me is pissed. I can’t help but stand up.

However, Aguri-san…showed me a kind and refreshing smile.

“However, this way, I still don’t think we need RMs, right?”

“…? No, of course. You don’t play mobile games, Aguri-san.”

I answered her with a baffled look. As for her, she gave me a relentless look like I’m a pathetic person.

“…Amanocchi, Tendou-san will eventually RMs you sooner or later.”

“Huh! You’re the one that should watch out. Uehara-kun will RMs you someday!”

“W-WHAT DID YOU SAY!?”

So, our family restaurant meeting continued lively and chaotically today.

-Until the waitress cleared her throat loudly.



GAMERS (ゲーマーズ) Magazine Special

Chapter 2 – Chiaki Hoshinomori and Next Level


“Yes, yes! Hiya, it’s really like that, Keita!”

Chiaki walked next to me as she nodded repeatedly. Her face is about to sink into her scarf.

I nodded like her and said yes. We stepped on the snow as we walked to the station.

It’s a day after school in winter.

I suddenly bumped into Chiaki in the city- it’s more like we saw each other in the game store. So, we walked home together. Of course, all of our topics are related to games.

Chiaki’s eyes brightened up as she moved to the next topic.

“Well, well, Keita, …what do you like the most in open-world games?”

“Oh, this one. How should I put it? I’m a bit different than everyone.”

“M-Me too, me too. Well, let’s say it on the count to three!”

“Alright, let’s say it together. …3, 2, 1!”

“Grinding!”

For a moment, our voices and looks overlapped each other. Both of us stopped as we smiled at each other. Our hands and feet flailed around in excitement as we started talking about it.

“Yeah, Chiaki! A free open-world game with sophisticated graphics always gets a good reputation. As for me, I really like clearing the side quests one by one on the world map. It feels like I’m popping bubble wraps!”

“Me too, me too! Those Ubisoft games are really refreshing to play!”

“Right!?”

We chatted for a while after that before starting to walk again. Both of us made countless talks since we left the game store. Thanks to that, none of us know if we’re even at the station yet. However, it’s truly a blessing for me when I get to talk to my gaming partner like this.

We walked on the snow path as we searched for the next topic excitedly. Suddenly, Chiaki started chuckling next to me. She started explaining after seeing my confusion.

“How should I say this? …Come to think of it, we don’t really get into an argument anymore.”

“Oh, it’s true when you said it.”

Even though it’s not zero, we yelled at each other way less frequently.

I looked at the station that finally appeared in front of us as I continued.

“It’s because we’re different than when I just met you. Both of us know the things we can’t back down on, right.”

“Yes, recently, we’re just normally close gaming partners.”

“No, you’re wrong.”

“Eh?”

“It’s not normal. We’re a pair of very close gaming partners.”

I smiled and said that. Chiaki blushed really hard and plopped her head down. “Y-Yes…”

…………

…Ah, eh, what’s with this embarrassing atmosphere? I just corrected her based on facts. …U-Uh, did I say something wrong?

“…………”

We strolled on the path silently. That excitement when we’re talking about games flew away.

So, after an unknown amount of time-

Chiaki suddenly started chuckling again.

She carried a…timid expression that doesn’t look like a gaming partner at all. The girl mumbled to herself.

“Well, …what’s the next level for a pair of very close gaming partners?”

“…………”

Is this the question for me? Uh, even if that’s the case, …all I can do is to scratch my cheeks silently.

I cleared my throat loudly and dragged ourselves back to games, even though I understand that this is really cunning.

“B-By the way, Chiaki, did you play the latest one in the <For Crisis> series?”

After that, Chiaki immediately returned to normal and took the bait.

“Yes! Of course! Did Keita play it as well!? This one’s pretty good!”

I was relieved when I saw her face. So, I participated in the discussion too.

“Yes, indeed! The bar is suddenly lowered in this version…”

“It’s not just that. The plot for the side quests is pretty polished too…”

So, once we started talking about games, we forgot the question-and-answer part of a proper conversation.

“The one thing that they exceeded my expectation is-“

“But, the only part that I think they did worse is-“

However, our conversation- suddenly fused into one point.

“-The girls are all in a Japanese moe style!”

Suddenly, the two otakus stopped walking. After that-

“…What the hell did you just say?”

-Our eyes immediately sharpened. The embarrassing atmosphere just then was thrown to nowhere.

“That’s why I hate fake otakus…”

At the next moment, we just started screaming at each other viciously. It’s even worse than when we just met each other.



Previous Chapter | Main Page | Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment