Thursday, October 8, 2020

Gamers Volume 8 Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Amano and Aguri and Intermission
Translator: your_pingas
“So, that’s what happened between Tasuku and me.”

“…I see.”

After school, family restaurant.

A gal finished her “Latest Aguri’s Diary” in one stroke as she kept sipping the remaining cola.

As for me, I took a sip of my warm coffee. Then, I stared at Aguri-san, who’s sitting opposite to me, directly in her eyes.

“By the way, Aguri-san, I have a question…”

“Hmm? What’s your question, Amanocchi?”

Aguri-san answered as she put the empty cup back to the edge of the table. I…

I made up my mind and asked her this.

“Aguri-san, who am I to you?”

“Uwah, …what a disgustingly over self-conscious question…!”

Aguri put out an intolerable attitude, I slammed the table hard and continued.

“It’s not like that! We’ve always been partners that can share everything. However, is it…is it really necessary for you to describe your ‘private’ interaction with Uehara-kun in perfect detail to me! I feel quite guilty about it! It’s like accidentally hearing a close friend of mine talking about herself!

“Ah! Yes, yes, yes! I can already see it just then! When I talked about the ‘whether I treat Amanocchi as a lover and as a man’ part, your awkward expression is excellent!”

“No! T-That’s literally the only feeling I can have at that moment!”

“Right, Amanocchi, can you help me pick my underwear?”

“Are you trying to humiliate me! What? Is this bullying? Did you find a new way to bully me!”

“This isn’t bullying. However, I do want to hold a presentation to read Amanocchi’s writing assignment.”

“This is obviously bullying!”

Just as I’m scratching my head to vent out the mental stress, Aguri-san laughed as she concluded the topic.

“Ay, honestly, I don’t mean to hurt you. Perhaps this messed with your heart, …but, if I did the opposite thing and kept what I did with Tasuku as a secret from you completely, even realizing that you’re a man. This means you’ll need to bear the weight of our future. …Amanocchi, I guess you don’t like it either, right?”

“W-WelL, …I guess that’s true.”

I thought about it for a while before nodding. Hmm, …if Aguri-san suddenly kept her distance from me, or they broke up because of me, I guess I can only describe this situation as terrible.

However, even if I knew that, this doesn’t mean that it’s not embarrassing. “I understand…” I scratched the back of my head and glared at Aguri-san.

“Even so, then why didn’t you just give me a summary of what happened? You don’t need to jump into the details and explain everything…”

“Ah, that’s just because I want to tease you. Soz.”

“Soz?”

I feel like that’s the most light-minded “apology” nowadays. When you consider how old the term is, I think it’s even less sincere than “sorry, thx.”

Then, Aguri ignored me and went to the drink bar. So, I finished the remaining coffee and filled another cup.

So, when we retook our seats, the conversation began again.

“By the way, I feel like it’s been a long time since we’ve come to the family restaurant.”

After she heard what I said, Aguri-san blew on her hot chocolate as she answered.

“Yeah, …while that’s true, it’s actually not that long from last time. I think we went through a lot recently.”

“Yes.”

I blew on the coffee that I just poured for myself too. Aguri-san and I aren’t too fond of hot drinks.

In the end, a strange silence fell on us when we were just blowing on our beverages…

“…Haha!”

The two of us can’t help but laugh. …Ahh, it’s been a long time since we’ve done this. Also, …for some reason, I realized that I feel…unbelievably relieved right now.

I put my coffee cup down first before facing the girl in front of me with a serious face.

“…Aguri-san, if you’re doing so much for me, I have to tell you everything too.”

“Hmm? Uh, you don’t need to, Amanocchi. You aren’t hiding any shocking information from me, anyway, right?”

Aguri-san started sipping on her hot chocolate as she said that.

She’s totally unaware. …So, I finally made up my mind and report everything that happened recently to her.

“Actually, Chiaki confessed to me a while ago.”

“Nnngh!”

Aguri-san didn’t swallow her hot chocolate successfully. Her cheeks pouted directly. Anyway, I continued calmly.

“But I was still dating Tendou-san, so I immediately rejected her.”

“!?”

Aguri-san’s cheeks are pouting even harder, and her face turned red as if she’s about to spew out the hot chocolate.

However, …I ignored her and pressed on.

“After that, Chiaki told everything to Tendou-san, but I only knew this recently. …Also, right, speaking of Chiaki, she’s actually the game developer that I’ve admired for so long, NOBE. At the same time, she’s my dear partner in the mobile game, Mono. That’s all I have to report-“

“PFFFFFFT!”

Aguri-san finally spewed all her hot chocolate out. The scariest part is that, …whether it’s random chance, or gals have standards on this one, …that liquid didn’t mess up the sofa or the table. Instead, all of them landed on my face brilliantly.

…Honestly, I already expected this to happen. So, I hastily prepared tissues and started wiping my face. So, Aguri slammed the table and stood up with a vicious look.

“What is this! Amanocchi, I’m the one that should be complaining. What’s wrong with you! Why are you throwing such a bomb like this now…!”

“Of course, this is to response you for ‘discussing something with me seriously,’ right.”

“A-Amanocchi…”

I answered calmly with a determined look. Aguri-san, who’s temper quickly died down, sat back down silently.

Her attitude was somehow really abiding today, …so I continued my attacks.

“However, I did say that on purpose when you were drinking that hot chocolate. Soz.”

“Soz?”

Aguri-san slammed the table unbelievably and stood up again.

“Eh, what is this! Amanocchi, don’t tell me you’re treating the hot chocolate that I spewed out as ‘rewards’ or ‘holy water.’ Is that why you’re catching it with your face!”

“…Uwah, …I can’t believe that’s what you’re thinking…”

“W-Why are you the scared one! I-I’m not a girl that treats whatever she spewed out of her mouth as rewards or holy water!”

“Exactly. Honestly, I feel like I was ‘defiled’ just then, …not even Tendou-san has done something like that to me before…”

“I guess so. It’s more like, why are you, the disgusting otaku, giving me a victim’s face when you designed the trap yourself! This is the first time that I’m forced to use hot chocolate as ‘poisonous fog,’ alright!”

“…Aguri-san, about the part when I was ‘defiled’ relentlessly, please keep this as a secret from Tendou-san…”

“Why are you putting it in such a brutal way! That’s disgusting! What! Do you really need to keep your ‘getting spewed on the face by hot chocolate for the first time’ experience as a secret from your girlfriend! If that’s the case, why were you making me do that!”

“Of course, it’s because I was wholeheartedly thinking of…bullying you.”

“Bullying! What’s wrong with our relationship! Are we bitter rivals now!?”

“Yeah. Now that we’re rivals, I feel quite bad for Uehara-kun, who’s currently getting a little jealous of us.”

“Really! My boyfriend- ex-boyfriend just made all those outstanding commitments, and it already feels like that’s a long time ago! Amanocchi, you’re Tasuku ‘imaginary enemy in love’ after all. Why can’t you act like a normal person!”

“…I understand. Well, let me tell you what I’m really thinking right now.”

“A-Alright, …I was a bit nervous just then when you’re giving me such a serious look-“

“Aguri-san. …Actually, …actually, about you spewing hot chocolate on my face, I feel nothing but ‘that’s super dirty’ right now! Thanks!”

“Knuckles! Come to me at this instant, my knuckles!”

Aguri-san yelled out a mysterious declaration heroically, and then she fell back to her seat.

…Crap. It’s been a long time since we held a family restaurant gathering. I feel like we’re relaxing too much.

The temperature of the drinks finally turned mild. We took our time sipping it and calmed down. …Then, we managed to begin a normal conversation again.

“It’s more like, I did expect no one to tell you about what happened to me, Aguri-san.”

“I haven’t heard anything. …Ah, but, Tasuku did bring up ‘Tendou seems to have gotten herself in a subtle misunderstanding’ when we were chatting. Is it related to the confession you talked about?”

“It’s hard to say. I’m not sure why Tendou-san did that. However, perhaps she already noticed something when she saw the weird atmosphere between Chiaki and me.”

“Ah, I feel like I can imagine that.”

“Also, like what I’ve said before, Tendou-san seems to have known everything that happened between Chiaki and me. Actually, I wanted to report the confession with Chiaki to her. But, I think Chiaki explained it to Tendou-san on her own during the school trip.”

“Uwah, Hoshino is actually brave enough to pull that off.”

“Exactly. In reality, I didn’t know this until later. …To be precise, Chiaki texted me about that after the last Game Hobby Club meeting. I freaked out after hearing that too, and I feel sorry for letting her handling everything by herself alone…”

“I see…”

Aguri-san absorbed all the information. She took the cup of hot chocolate and started drinking.

I followed her and took a sip of my coffee as well. The two of us just relaxed our minds and looked out the window. The roads are painted by the dusk. The snow is being stepped on. The people and the cars are on their way home, crossing around the city.

“…Everyone’s fighting on their own…”

“…I guess you’re right…”

…What was Chiaki thinking when she explained everything to Tendou-san alone? After Tendou-san heard it, what was she thinking when she broke up with me and visited Chiaki?

Once I started thinking about this, I can always feel a tinge of pain and bitterness in my chest, perhaps even a sense of craziness and desperation. …How unbelievable. However, …even if I did hear them talking about “Keita Amano.” …I think I’m not supposed to intervene.

It’s because that story belongs to Chiaki. At the same time, it belongs to Tendou-san as well.

I finished the remaining bitter coffee. So, I realized that Aguri-san is looking at me.

“Amanocchi, let me ask you this. …Are you happy now?”

“You want to ask that to a guy who just broke up?”

Although I smiled bitterly, I immediately puffed up my chest and answered.

“I’m happy. Even though I failed the ‘relationship’ part, how can I not be happy when everyone is so caring for me.”

After Aguri-san heard what I said, she smiled right away and nodded.

“Yeah, I was thinking about that too. A lot of people do care about us.”

“Yep, you’re right.”

“…Thank you, Amanocchi.”

“Me too. Thank you, Aguri-san.”

The two of us…appreciated each other honestly, which is something that we rarely do.

However, we can’t maintain this smooth atmosphere for long. So, we immediately switched the topic as if we’re covering up something.

“By the way, Aguri-san, did you get any new ideas about the Christmas party?”

“Ah, well, honestly, I didn’t. All I have is the feeling of not wanting the otaku trio to hold the party…”

“No, please leave the game selection on that day to us! Including non-digital games, the three of us have already compiled a list of 150 games for selection!”

“That’s why I don’t want to leave it to you guys…”

Aguri-san seemed to have let out a solemn sigh. I tilted my head dumbfoundedly.

“Is there anyone better than us when it comes to picking games?”

“Ay, it’s because no one is better than you three. That’s why I hate this. It’s more like, why are you guys so enthusiastic about this? It’s more important for the five of us to hang out at Christmas, right? The games are just a sideshow.”

“I-I can’t believe you said games are just a sideshow! Hmph! What should we do then! Aguri-san, are you okay with whatever we picked as long as it’s for five people!”

“Honestly, yes…”

“Is it okay for us to play a deadly game that sprays blood everywhere!”

“Aren’t your example a little too extreme! Why must the five of us be dragged time into a deadly video game at Christmas!”

“I’m not sure. However, if five guys and girls plan to enjoy Christmas, we should at least expect that some of us aren’t going to survive!”

“Why! Amanocchi, your ‘normies = go to hell’ opinion is way too strong! It’s going to be fine! We shouldn’t trigger a deadly plot when we’re just having fun at Christmas!”

“Really? Even if you’re fine with that, …I think we still need to decide on the theme of the games if we want to have fun.”

“Uh, like I’ve said before, I’m good with anything. …Why don’t we just play poker?”

“Really, we’re playing poker. I see. So, we’re going with that kind of plot, right? Next to Uehara-kun’s headless body in the kitchen, a black spade K is discovered…”

“There’s no plot like that! Why must someone die in the end! Also, why are you started counting with my ex-boyfriend first! Do you really want all the normies to die, Amanocchi!”

“Nope. This is just a reasonable and logical development…”

“Amanocchi, you’re banned from calling yourself as a lonely passerby again! With that kind of mindset, you’re absolutely not an ordinary person!”

“T-That’s quite embarrassing.”

“Why! Sigh, whatever! Anyway, everyone should be alive if we’re playing games!”

“Really, we’re going for an optimistic discussion, right.”

“What I’ve said was completely normal! How negative must you be, Amanocchi!”

“Gamers have to be ready for the ‘worst outcome’ at all times, Aguri-san.”

“Hey, please don’t drag all gamers in the world down with you. You’re saying that like all of them agree that ‘there’s a high chance of death whenever we play with normies,’ alright! That’s definitely not the case!”

“But Chiaki would agree with what I’ve said.”

“Don’t bring up that clone of yours! You two only count as one vote! A-Anyway, please just talk about a typical game. Please, I beg you!”

I have acquired the rare experience of Aguri-san begging me to talk about games. …It can’t be helped. I shall temporarily eliminate the possibility of a deadly game right now.

“First of all, about a game that everyone loves, …it’s actually not that good for five people.”

“Oh, I can’t believe Amanocchi isn’t recommending video games, what a rare sight.”

“Of course, well, there are minigame bundles or games where everyone can take turns using the controller. …However, it’s for four people. It’s actually quite a difficult challenge to overcome the 5-player (offline) barrier.”

“Ah, …I think I can understand.”

Most “combat” entertainment games are for an even number of players. Games are limited by the number of controllers, which is more apparent at this point. The selection is immediately restricted if we’re looking for a 5-person combat game.

“However-“ Aguri-san continued.

“It doesn’t matter that much, even if the five of us can’t participate together, right. We can still separate into groups, or we can take turns playing a singleplayer game…”

However, I slowly shook my head at her suggestion and answered.

“Please think about it for a moment, Aguri-san. …What would Tendou-san’s eyes look like when you’re holding a singleplayer controller.”

“Ugh…! What is this? …Even though I’ve never gone to one before, I can feel a driving course atmosphere there!”

“Please think about it for a moment, Aguri-san. …What would you look like when you’re up against Tendou-san in a 2-player combat game!”

“Ugh…! Why am I getting a ‘humanity finally remembered on that day’ vibe! I’m shivering!”

“See? Aside from something that the five of us can enjoy together, I feel like…it’s too much, right?”

“Y-You’re right. I didn’t expect Amanocchi’s gaming logics to be t-this accurate…”

Aguri-san came to her realization as she scratched her head. I sighed helplessly and persuaded her.

“So, we still need to review the possibility of a ‘deadly game,’ right-“

“No, thanks. Anyway, I get that there aren’t many games for five people to play. …However, we can still pick something out, right?”

“Uh, yeah.” I answered Aguri-san’s question with a serious expression.

“It’s just that, …whether there’s a difference in our gaming skills or not, perhaps it will end up a bit awkward if we want to heat up the mood…”

“What do you mean?”

“Please imagine it. What will Tendou-san looks like when she’s the only one winning at a 5-player combat minigame.”

“…What a harsh atmosphere. That’s tough.”

“Think about it again. When we’re playing minigames that rely on luck, …you’re the only one winning while Tendou-san is in last place every time somehow!”

“…What a harsh atmosphere. It’s just as upsetting!”

“Right. Uh, let me defend party games for a bit. In reality, this is the best arrangement for a family-friendly setting. It’s just that, for us…”

“Ah, …it doesn’t feel great.”

Aguri-san understood it and mumbled. I left my seat to get a new drink. So, Aguri-san just said “mixed juice” to me and went to the toilet by herself. …I grabbed my oolong tea and her juice at the drink bar before going back to the seat.

After a while, Aguri-san came back from the toilet. Then, she saw her mixed juice and said “nice” as she patted my head. To that, I replied casually. “Thanks for your love.” Then, I sipped my tea and continued the discussion.

“So, like the conclusion we reached before, ‘board games’ are the first option since everyone is equally skilled. But because no one is familiar with it, I feel like…it’s hard to get common ground.”

“Yep. However, if no one knows about it, why don’t we just randomly pick one that has a good rating.”

“…Do you think indecisive otakus like us can do that?”

“Nope. Ah, how about I pick it for you-“

“…Do you think weird otakus like us can allow that?”

“N-Nope…”

Aguri-san sighed. She shrugged helplessly and looked at the restaurant, where it’s getting crowded. After a few seconds, …for some reason, she laughed.

I tilted my head as I’m holding my cup of tea. Aguri-san explained to me with a cheerful look.

“I feel like…even though I’m not with Tasuku, I was a bit throbbed when I can chat about gaming happily. While I’m touched, …I think this whole thing is kind of dumb at the same time.”

After Aguri-san said that, …I put my cup down as I smiled gently.

“Yeah. I don’t even know what we’re doing right now. That’s stupid.”

“Exactly.”

“However-“

During this time, the reflection of the glass cup of oolong tea is suddenly projecting the memory of when Tendou-san invited me to the Game Club. …I can’t help but mumble.

“But, …right now, this is the Hobby Club that I want to play games in.”

“…Really?”

Aguri-san answered what I said with a smile. I continued a bit embarrassingly.

“Although we’re just talking about it, we didn’t play any video games at all. Haha, I feel like I’m just as indecisive as I used to be.”

“Is that so? But why does it matter anyway? The most important thing is that you’re happy.”

“…Aguri-san, you’re just as casual as before.”

“Amanocchi, you’re the one overthinking stuff. However, that’s why the two of us are partners, right?”

“…Yeah.”

We faced and smiled at each other. Right now, our minds are connected to the point that we’re like in the same family.

Also, it’s because we’re sure of this.

We smiled mischievously, joked around, and said a random love confession out loud.

“Hehe, I love you, Amanocchi.”

“No, no, no, well, I love you the most, Aguri-san.”

Things started to happen the next second.

“EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

I can hear a familiar pair of girls behind my seat…

…My beloved ex-girlfriend and the hentai game lover are screaming.

“…Sigh.”

Aguri-san and I let out a sigh, without bothering to check what’s going on.

-I feel like this misunderstanding is already too cliché. It’s not even worth to react anymore.

*

“Amano-senpai, you’re at the ‘people secretly approaching you from behind’ month.”

It’s been 30 minutes after that dumb encounter.

After we paid and left the family restaurant, Konoha-san, who’s waiting outside first, smiled naughtily and started bugging me.

I put the receipt and changes in my wallet as I glanced at her and answered.

“What’s with the name of the month you talked about? I can feel a subtle sense of universal horror.”

“It’s just like the name. All kinds of threats will approach you from behind in that month. For example, the ex-girlfriend that appeared when you’re forcing your beautiful junior to have sex with you. Also, the ex-girlfriend that showed up when you’re confessing to your friend’s girlfriend.”

“That’s literally specifying one person.”

“Nope. If senpai thinks that only your ex-girlfriend will show up during the month, you’re wrong. The nasty stuff from Cthulhu Mythos will tag along as well.”

“I’m not looking forward to that, and please tell the nasty stuff to go home. Also, don’t compare Tendou-san in my mind with the things in Cthulhu Mythos.”

“However, right now, Tendou-senpai is a high-level being that can chip away senpai’s sanity value.”

“Ugh…! I-I can’t disagree with you…!”

Indeed, perhaps the mental damage I took from Tendou-san staring at me coldly when we were at the suspected cheating scene is worse than I think. It’s far more hurting than even the abstract nightmare you got when a mysterious god invaded your dream.

Just as Konoha-san and I are chatting, Tendou-san finished paying and caught up with us.

“Hey, what are you two talking about? Ah, don’t tell me it’s something erotic again…”

She glared at me half-jokingly. I smiled bitterly and denied.

“No, please don’t mind. We were just talking about how high you will rank in Cthulhu Mythos.”

“But I do mind that a lot!”

During this time, Aguri-san showed up behind Tendou-san, who’s still shocked.

“Thanks for the wait. Well, let’s head to the station.”

“Okay!”

“Ehh! You’re ending the conversation here! Eh! Konoha-san? Amano-kun? …R-Really?”

So, we ignored Tendou-san, who’s still freaking out, as we walked towards the station. …Uh, although I feel terrible for Tendou-san, there’s no need for us to dig into that right now.

In the northern lands, the sun is already setting at 6PM in December. The colorful lights from the bars are shining on the street. …Perhaps I’m still a kid, but I don’t feel comfortable walking around here with someone that’s not my parents.

I coughed and asked Konoha-san, who’s walking next to me, calming myself down

“Well, the four of us barely said anything before we left the restaurant, …but is this alright? Aren’t Tendou and you going to the restaurant because you two want to talk about something?”

Then, I heard that they entered the restaurant right after Aguri-san and I left our seats. The waiter brought them to the seat behind us. …Can I say that we will often bump into situations like this?

My question made Konoha-san let out a” hmm” mumble.

“I’m not sure about Tendou-san, but I’m okay with it. Since whenever I meet senpai, it’s like, …right, it’s like encountering on a lost metal slime when I’m leveling up.”

“Eh, it’s not that ridiculous. You can’t get any EXP even if you beat me.”

“It’s hard to say. …I think the reality isn’t the same as RPGs. EXP isn’t decided on the opponents that are defeated, it’s based on the attitude of the combatant.”

“Ohhh, …t-that’s deep.”

“Can I get this on a book waist?”

“You want to fight for that too!”

What’s wrong with my friends recently? Are they trying to hold a gaming idiom competition? Do we really need to write this into a light novel as the Hekiyou Student Council does?

Konoha-san put up her scarf again as she continued.

“Moreover, speaking of what we were talking about, we just wanted to meet each other sometimes since we usually text instead.”

“I see.”

The two of them have gotten really close. I didn’t expect that. At the same time, I glanced at Tendou-san behind me. Currently, she seems to be chatting with Aguri-san about something. -However, because she suddenly looked at me, we accidentally made eye-contact with each other.

“!”

Both of us blushed for some reason and looked away. Then, we freaked out and faced the front. …During this time, I can hear Konoha-san’s dumbfounded voice next to me.

“…Uh, if you two really broke up, can’t you act a bit harsher? What’s with that mood? I just felt ‘a wind of flirt’ blowing towards me.”

“W-We’re not flirting with each other. For me, I can’t bring myself to look at Tendou-san, the greatest angel in the universe, in the eye. It’s because my brain will collapse.”

“Karen Tendou is really part of the Cthulhu Mythos now. …Senpai, I feel like your ‘affection for Tendou-senpai’ increased even after you two broke up?”

“Konoha-san, you’re half correct.”

“What does senpai mean?”

“Whether we broke up or not, I, Keita Amano’s ‘affection meter for Tendou-san’ will increase as time passes by, just like an idle game.”

“Wow, thanks for saying something so brutal when you’re single, senpai. It just makes me and my sister feel dumb when we were trying so hard to get you to love us.”

Konoha-san picked her ears as she started throwing a tantrum. …Did I say something impolite? But I feel like what I said was reasonable…

During this time, a similar conversation can be heard behind us, Aguri-san is-

“I’ll quit letting Amanocchi dumping all his relationship problems on me! This is dumb!”

She screamed angrily. …I don’t know what did Tendou-san say. If Aguri-san wasn’t here for me as a troubleshooting unit, I’d feel as lonely as when it’s the end of Hikaru Ijuin’s radio show. [Hikaru Ijuin, famous comedian and computer game reviewer.]

So, just as we’re chatting with each other, the station quickly came into view.

I talked with Konoha-san as I glanced at Tendou-san again to see how she’s doing.

“…………”

It’s the same, whether in the Hobby Club earlier, or the family restaurant today. …Although Tendou-san and I can hold a proper conversation as long as someone is beside us, honestly, I don’t think I can talk to her alone.

A real man should be able to go on the attack at times like this. …However, I won’t be alone in high school if a guy like me can pull that off.

Also, Tendou-san seems to feel guilty for breaking up with me. I can sense that she’s trying to stay a step away from me. Thanks to that, …although we didn’t mean it, we’re radiating an overwhelmingly anxious aura to the surroundings.

Konoha-san finally snapped and yelled next to me. “That’s enough!”

“Seriously, what’s happening right now! Honestly, I feel like I can have an easier time sexually harassing senpai when you’re dating Tendou-senpai!”

“Hey, I hope that you can stop sexually harassing me at all times.”

“Jesus! Stop making a fuss about this, senpai, you’re annoying! I’m going to touch your crotch if you don’t shut up!”

“Aren’t you sexually harassing me right now!”

“Anyway!”

At this moment, Konoha-san stepped forward and turned back at us so that the two behind can hear her as well.

“If Amano-senpai and Tendou-senpai aren’t a couple anymore, can you two act a bit more like a single person, please! Especially Tendou-senpai!”

“Eh, you’re talking to me?”

Tendou-senpai was suddenly attacked by her, so she protested with a shocked expression.

“I’m acting like a single girl. You’re right. Even if Amano-kun is chatting with you happily, and it kept stinging me, I still put up a normal face and talked to Aguri-san like it’s nothing. Even though I really, really love looking at Amano-kun’s small figure from behind, I still did nothing and just randomly answered Aguri-san! I want to hug him right now!”

Tendou-san’s blushing as she’s running out of breaths. “Isn’t that the problem!” Konoha-san complained.

“In this world, only Amano-senpai and you think that those words are a proper ‘single declaration,’ alright! To be honest, you were just emphasizing, ‘I really, really love Amano-kun! I love him! I love him!’ in Agu-senpai and my eyes!”

“Wha- Konoha-san, don’t tell me…you have superpowers!”

“Shut up!”

Konoha-san finally screamed out. …I can’t believe that this person didn’t show her real side in Hekiyou. Her mask comes off easily once it involves us.

“Alright, alright, calm down, Konokono.” Aguri-san tried to comfort Konoha-san, who’s still catching her breaths.

She patted Konoha-san’s back and said, “However, I think what Konokono just said makes sense.” She teamed up and started confronting us.

“Actually, perhaps I’m not in a place to say anything, because I’m in a similar situation. …However, if you two broke up, I feel like you should act more like one.”

What she said triggered me for a bit, so I quickly retorted.

“What do you mean by acting like we broke up? We can’t even talk anymore?”

“I’m not saying that. But, …didn’t you two forget about something?”

“Forgot what!?”

My question was mixed with a bit of impatience. It made Aguri-san…answer with a slightly sad look.

“In this world, …someone is seriously in love with Amanocchi as well, not to mention the boys that like Tendou-san.”

“!”

This made Tendou-san and I back down. Then, this time, Aguri-san turned to Tendou-san instead and spoke to her alone.

“Especially Tendou-san, …you broke up with Amanocchi because of that, right?”

“…………”

Tendou-san didn’t give an answer and just looked down. Even though I don’t want to understand what Aguri-san was talking about, …I think I can get what she meant.

The incident that happened at Starry Plaza quickly and irreversibly surfaced up in my heart.

Under the starry sky, a respectable friend of mine confessed to me. Also, -there’s Chiaki’s sincere eyes.

We plopped our heads down and remained silent. So, Aguri-san relaxed a bit and continued.

“Sorry, I’m not mad at you two. It’s just that, how should I put it? …At least, Tendou-san should be more or less responsible for…giving a ‘chance’ to Konokono, …and Hoshino.”

“Ugh…”

Tendou-san cringed as she took a step back.

At the next second, -Konoha-san seems to perceive this change as an opportunity. A big ☆ is sparkling in her eyes as her voice became louder.

“Well, well, well, Amano-senpai, this means that you can go out with me-“

-However, she realized something and stopped in the middle of her sentence. …Then, an impressively warm smile appeared on her face for a second. …She changed her mind and spoke.

“Amano-senpai, this means that- you can go out with onee-chan next time?”

“…Eh?”

The three of us froze at Konoha-san’s far-fetched suggestion.

However…

“…………”

At the same time, no one spoke up. …It’s also a fact that no one can clearly reject or deny this.

At last…

“Well, senpai’s going on a date with onee-chan on the next holiday! Let’s go!”

“…Eh? Really, …hmm…?”

After we snapped out of it, we were overwhelmed by Konoha-san’s strange momentum. We answered her mysterious suggestion with a nod, even though Chiaki wasn’t here.

…A call to attract customers can be heard from the bars down the street. “You can hang out with nice girls if you come in!”



Previous Chapter | Main Page | Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment