Saturday, August 31, 2019

There Is No Way a Support Type Character Will Have a Girlfriend V1 (5 of 6)

Translator: Skythewood
Editor: Hiiro

Satosaki Shōko

It’s here. The date invitation is finally here.

I only heard bits and pieces, but that is definitely an invitation to the amusement park! Not bad, Zhao Yun-san, it’s working… You are not confident at all, but it’s actually happening. With the unexpected appearance of a love rival, Sorahashi is attacking anxiously. Well done!

Fufu… Sorahashi is whispering something into Hirachi’s ear.

Oh no, I’m drooling just from imagining that…



Shōgawa Maho

My library duty is done, so it’s finally time for the decisive moment.

I unbuttoned my blouse, then roll the skirt at my waist, making the skirt shorter.

Heehee… Not just the skirt, all this is mimicking Satosaki-san. I’m stealing her techniques. As expected of me, I have really grown…! Although I’m not sure if making my skirt shorter suits me… It should be fine!

Great! Next is to go to Hirachi-kun…… Ehh……? Hirachi-kun should have gone home by this time…? Never mind, let’s go to the classroom and take a look…

「Hello, Shōgawa-san」

「Pfft!? Hirachi-kun!?」

When I was about to walk out of the library, the familiar face made me yelp.

「Oh, sorry. Did I frighten you?」

「Ah, n-no! It’s fine!」

I waved my hands at Hirachi-kun who is apologizing.

…… No, now isn’t the time to panic! This is my chance!

I took out my handkerchief from my pocket…! 

「Ah— ah—, my hand slipped—」

Ughh, Even I felt my acting is sloppy… But now is the time to attack!

I then bend over to pick up the handkerchief…

「That was close.」

Huh? Before it touches the floor, Hirachi-kun caught the handkerchief with a deft move?

「Here, Shōgawa-san.」

「Oh, okay…」

The seduction plan failed before it even started!

「Ehh? The button on your blouse is undone?」

「Oh, alright…」

Pointing that out so plainly is embarrassing for me!

Ughh… Hirachi-kun isn’t wavering at all… As expected, the seduction plan is a lost cause right from the start… Satosaki-san is absolutely right...

「You have to button it up properly…」

It’s too late to be bothered by this, but buttoning my blouse before Hirachi-kun is embarrassing, so I turned around.

「… Pfft!?」

Hmm…? That sound from Hirachi-kun…? Did he spit something out…? What’s wrong…?

「Erm… Shōgawa-san, the back of your skirt… I think you should fix it…」

……? The back of my skirt…? There’s nothing there…? Huh? … I can’t feel my skirt there either…? ………Uwah!? When I rolled up my skirt, the back of it got pulled up too!? My panties are exposed!? I-If I knew, I would have worn sexier panties…! …… No, that’s no good either… The kind of panties don’t matter, I will just end up being a laughing stock… no wonder Hirachi-kun spit out laughing…



Hirachi Moritsune

T-That surprised me so much that I made a weird noise…! I can still pretend to be calm about the button, but not her skirt… I averted my gaze immediately, but her striped panties are still burned into my mind… No! Forget it! Think about something else to cover over it! Erm—… Shōgawa-san’s slender legs… Wrong! H-Her chest is sexier than I imagined… that’s not it! But… it ended better than expected! If I had let Shōgawa-san bend over to pick up the handkerchief, I will see something more incredible! I’m not harbouring any malicious lust towards Shōgawa-san, but if I really saw it, I will feel bad towards Shōgawa-san’s future boyfriend…… Hmm? My chest is hurting again? Why is this happening so often recently, did I catch some strange disease… Should I get a check up at the hospital…?

「Erm… By the way, Hirachi-kun, what brings you here?」

Shōgawa-san’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

And Shōgawa-san…… Good, her buttons are done, and her skirt is back to normal. That’s how Shōgawa-san should be. But for Shōgawa-san to be so clumsy and not button her blouse properly and roll up her skirt… That will only happen exactly because Shōgawa-san is her usual clumsy self…

「Hirachi-kun?」

「Ah, yes, sorry.」

No good, why did I come here again? My goal… my goal…? Hmm, what’s that again…!?

Is it that? That’s right, Aramachi hill amusement park! Calm down, I already simulated it once! I will first introduce the Aramachi hill amusement park in detail, laying out the dazzling scenery and facilities. This will increase Shōgawa-san’s desire to visit it, and I will then casually bring up that I have two tickets there, and invite Shōgawa-san! What a perfect plan, I will execute it right now!

「Shōgawa-san! Have you heard about the Aramachi hill amusement park!?」

「Ehh…? Ah, yes, I did…」

That makes things easy! Just like the simulation, I just need to shift the topic to how fun the Aramachi hill amusement park is…! 

「This Sunday, go to the Aramachi hill amusement park together with me!」

………… I-I skipped too far ahead! Shouldn’t that be the final scene!?

Am I stupid! If I blurt that out suddenly, then this will just be an invitation to a date! Urrrghhh… Fine! I will divert the topic to the introduction I planned…! 

「Yes, I will be happy to.」

Speaking of which, Aramachi City is named by the people living at the foot of Aramachi hill. Legend says that a violent but graceful deity resides there…… Wait! That’s the origins of Aramachi City……!? Hmm? What did Shōgawa-san just say…?

「Thank you for inviting me, I’m looking forward to it.」

She accepted it so normally…? Did I lose part of my memory? Did I actually say that introduction properly…?

「Well then, I will be in your care this Sunday!」

With that, Shōgawa-san turned and walked to the corridor.

「Ah, the pleasure is all mine…」

Leaving only the puzzled me in the Library alone.



Satosaki Shōko

「Hirachi invited you to a date!?」

I freaked out when I heard Zhao Yun-san’s report.

After all, I don’t understand why that happened.

「Yes, Aramachi hill amusement park, this Sunday.」

Hirachi, you are going down the path of infidelity so easily…? But he shouldn’t be the type to do that…

「Heehee… This is all thanks to Satosaki-san. So I want to discuss about that day…」

I don’t understand why Zhao Yun-san is so happy either. It should be troubling for Zhao Yun-san if any rumours spreads between Hirachi and her. Why is she thanking me…

… Wait? Could it be…?

When he took out the tickets, what Sorahashi whispered to Hirachi is… instructions to invite Zhao Yun-san to a date? Sorahashi is aware of our intentions, and is making full use of our scheme… Then everything make sense. Zhao Yun-san’s advances, Hirachi not turning her down completely, Sorahashi must be fuming over all that… All that is still within my expectations. However, Sorahashi won’t just be a jealous cutie like the heroine in an anime, but will rage with jealousy instead. And Hirachi will wonder if his feelings are being doubted. So he will make up all sorts of excuses, but Sorahashi won’t allow it. 「Stay with that woman then.」 With that, he pushes Hirachi aside. He doesn't want to, but Hirachi can’t go against Sorahashi’s instructions. Because his heart and body belongs to Sorahashi. And now Hirachi takes on the sudden task of going on a date. Zhao Yun-san is a nice girl, so Hirachi enjoys himself too. He slowly wonders if he will be better off dating Zhao Yun-san. However, something is missing in his heart, and he can’t dismiss it. Finally, he realize once again how much he loves Sorahashi, and he is willing to give up everything else! He finally returns to Sorahashi’s side, and Sorahashi accepted him as if this is all part of the plan. That night, the two of them…! 

「Erm, Satosaki-san, your drool…」

Zhao Yun-san’s voice pulls me back to reality. She is proffering me some tissues before I realize it.

「Oh, thanks.」

I quickly wipe the corner of my lips.

Zhao Yun-san… You realize this earlier than me… No, if not for what Zhao Yun-san said, I might still be kept in the dark. Are you already at a higher realm than me…?

「Hmmp… Zhao Yun-san. I admit it, you are the real deal.」

「Ehh, so you have been suspecting that I’m a fake…? Is my fake available for sale anywhere…?」

「Okay, I understand the situation. Let’s take down Hirachi on Sunday.」

After all, with Zhao Yun-san’s charm, she can make Hirachi waver emotionally to some extent. We are being exploited by Sorahashi, but since our objectives are the same, it is a win-win situation.

「Y-Yes… That’s true… but can you tell me more about my fake…」

「I will bet everything on Zhao Yun-san, so go for it!」

「Oh, okay…」

Hyaa, when Monday comes, how intimate will the two of them be? How exciting!


Shōgawa Maho

I took Satosaki-san’s advice and she helped me picked out clothes. Erm… I even bought new underwear. Ah, erm, it’s just in case! It’s the type that won’t be embarrassing if he sees it again! …… I-I’m not planning to show it to anyone!

… A-Anyway, it is finally the night before the date.

I’m all set!

「Chuyo……! I told you that mascot fairies don’t need to bath chuyo……!」

「It’s fine! It feels good to shower, you know~?」

I said mindlessly and forced Chuyo-chan to shower with me.

「Maho~? What’s all that noise in the bathroom? And I heard some strange noise…」

「Huh!? I-It’s nothing! Erm, I’m practicing my mimicking for a school performance! Chuyo,  chuyo!」

「Really…? I really don’t get young people nowadays…」

Phew… I managed to fudge it through…

「Really now… Be more quiet, Chuyo-chan. What if Mum and Dad heard you?」

I put my finger to my lips before Chuyo-chan.

Sigh, I’m even keeping my identity as Mahomaho a secret from my parents.

「If you really think that, then don’t suddenly drag me to bath, chuyo…」

Ughh… That’s true…. 

Thinking back, when Chuyo-chan was about to be exposed in class, Hirachi-kun was the one who saved me… Fufu, even Hirachi-kun won’t suspect that a real mascot fairy is hiding in my bag.

And I checked earlier, Chuyo-chan does smell like a critter. I didn’t mind so far… But Chuyo-chan is always with me, so that stench might rub off on me… And I got conscious about it.

If Hirachi-kun says 「Haha… Shōgawa-san, how should I put this… You have a really wild scent about you…」 ……Ugh, I will get completely depressed! To prevent that, I have to wash Chuyo-chan properly! Until it smells of flowers!

「Hmm… bathing occasionally is nice too, chuyo…… Oh, Maho, more to the center of my back… Right, that’s the spot, chuyo…… Feels good…… So good…… Hey, you are going too hard, chuyo!? Hiieee!? It feels so good that I’m going to break, chuyo!?」

「Maho~ You are too loud~」

It’s my first date… I will do my best to make Hirachi-kun like me even more!



Hirachi Moritsune

The promised Sunday is finally here.

Today, I’m wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a dark green bomber jacket. That’s complemented by a black skinny pants, casual sports shoes and a slim backpack.

That’s the attire my big sister advised me to wear… When I told her 「I’m going to the amusement park with a girl」, my sister is so hyped that she even paid for my outfit. My finances are tight because I’m always buying Mahomaho merchandize, so that really saved me. She is always ordering me around like a house pet, but my sister actually thinks of me as a little brother… The thought of that really moved me.

So the matter of my outfit is settled… But wearing clothes I’m not accustomed to makes me uneasy...

I stood outside the ticket counter of Aramachi station and check my watch and the surroundings from time to time. There is still an hour before the agreed time, but I can’t calm down….

「H-Hirachi-kun!」

As I checked my watch meaninglessly, a voice before me made me look up.

However, I didn’t see the owner of this voice, who sounded like it took everything she had to say that.

… This is impossible. This spot right before the station isn’t that crowded, and a girl around my age is heading right for me.

She looks too different from usual, and for a moment, I didn’t realize she is the person I’m waiting for.

She is wearing a white dress, a pink blouse, and a red cardigan. Her high heel shoes are a few inches thick, which raise her eye level a little higher.

Last of all,

Her hair is tied up high on either side of her head, which is a familiar sight in a sense.

「S-Sorry, did you wait long?」

「Oh, not at all… I just got here…」

Shōgawa-san stood before me with ragged breath, and I said the line I prepared ahead of time. But the truth is, half of my brain has stopped functioning.

After all, I didn’t expect that with just a change in hairstyle,

She will look like Mahomaho so much.

I can’t hide how shaken I am.

I look around me, and Shōgawa-san isn’t as prominent as I imagined.

As expected, only those who knows Mahomaho’s true identity will notice their similarity.

「E-Erm…」

I relax my guard, and Shōgawa-san ask timidly:

「I look weird… wearing this, right……」

「Absolutely not! You look very fantastic!」

Shōgawa-san smiles weakly as she fidgets with her hair, and I answered quickly.

「You look just like…!」

Ehh! I almost blurted it out! That was close…「Just like Mahomaho herself!」 will be too direct… But I already said 「You look just like」, so I have to finish the sentence…… Erm…… Erm……. 

「Just like a cute fairy that has stumbled into our world!」

Ugh!? Why did I say something so mushy!? Although that is what I really think! Shōgawa-san is as cute as a fairy!

「Y-You are exaggerating…」

But after Shōgawa-san heard that…… She didn’t seem adverse to it…?

Great, what I said in a panic didn’t lead to Yuu-kun’s ticket being wasted.

「But since you say that, I will want to… maintain this image…」

「No, you shouldn’t!」

Shōgawa-san said as she twirled her hair bashfully, and I shouted on reflex.

「Ehh……?」

Shōgawa-san look hurt.

As if she is thinking 「What you said just now is just pleasantries after all.」

「No… It’s not that…」

You got it wrong, Shōgawa-san……! I just think it’s a bad idea for her to use Mahomaho’s style in her normal life… And so, that means...

「I hope Shōgawa-san will only show this to me!」

Okay! That’s an out! That sounds just like the lame possessiveness of a boyfriend!

「I-I see…」

Shōgawa-san blushed and lower her head.

「Okay. Since Hirachi-kun says so, then let’s do it that way.」

Shōgawa-san said without any hesitation.

This is… safe? Really…?

Shōgawa-san is unexpectedly tough against mushy lines?

「H-Haha… I see… Thank you…」

However, I feel really embarrassed that I said something like that, and shift my eyes away from Shōgawa-san.

The girl lowering her blushing face and the boy who averted his gaze bashfully.

Ehh… That’s just like a couple on their first date.

Really now, Shōgawa-san and I don’t have such a frivolous relationship!

After a short trip on the shaky train, we arrive at our destination.

There is still an awkward air between us, but when we step into the Aramachi hill amusement park, that air is completely gone.

「Hirachi-kun, it’s a house tilted 30 degrees to the side! Let’s go there!」

「Haha, okay.」

I never thought Shōgawa can be so energetic after getting over the awkwardness. She takes an initiative I have never seen before, and pulls me by the arm from one attraction to another.

I see… Shōgawa-san actually loves the amusement park. That’s why she accepted my invitation without any hesitation. I finally understand now.

Hmmp… But Shōgawa-san, I’m not the same guy who is always led around by the nose, you know?

Unlike Shōgawa-san who moved here last year, I’m born and bred here. From family outing to school field trips, I have visited the Aramachi hill amusement park more than ten times, this is no different from my home ground! Now, I will make full use of my local advantage, and present Shōgawa-san with the best touring experience!

「Shōgawa-san, are you hungry? There’s a burger joint there selling Aramachi hill burgers. Despite being casually named, many people come here just to savor its taste, it is truly a B-class delicacy!」

「Wow, I see!」

Shōgawa-san said energetically and her stomach growled in agreement.

Shōgawa-san lowered her head with her face blushed… As I expected.

「Ahaha, it’s true. It seems I’m hungry too.」

Shōgawa-san put her hand on her belly.

Is Shōgawa-san acting more freely because of the relaxed atmosphere of the amusement park.

「Well then.」

This time, I took Shōgawa-san’s hand and headed for the joint.

「……Ah.」

Shōgawa-san yelp a little, and shift her gaze to our overlapping hands.

As if she just realized this, her face starts to redden.

「… Yes.」

She looks like she made her resolve, and took a step towards me.

And then…… she gently hug my arm. I can feel a soft sensation on my arm.

「E-Erm… Shōgawa-san……?」

I look back at Shōgawa-san for an answer.

For an instant, we lock our gaze, and she turned even redder.

「Let’s go.」

After saying that, Shōgawa-san started moving as she held my arm. I quickly follow Shōgawa-san’s pacing. Because we are moving, my arm has even closer contact with Shōgawa-san’s body… I can feel her body warmth through her thin blouse, which made my face turn hot.

I-Is this because she is letting her guard down too…?

This won’t do- stay calm Hirachi Moritsune- Shōgawa-san is just being playful with no ill intentions- and you are just acting as a supporting role- ah, it smells good- oh no oh no stay calm stay calm stay calm…! 



Shōgawa Maho

Ughh… Am I being too bold…?

B-But we are lovers… So this is normal…! 

Erm…… What should I do, my heart is racing so fast.

When I speak with Hirachi-kun.

When I’m with Hirachi-kun.

When I touch Hirachi-kun.

All that makes me really happy.

And I realize that it’s hopeless.

I’m in love with Hirachi-kun. 

This relationship that started when Hirachi-kun confessed to me, and I gave the wrong answer.

And now, I hope our relationship can continue.

That’s why, 

I have to correct the 『mistake』 in our relationship. 

It is too late now… But this time I will definitely give the answer for that confession…

This time, I will be the one to do it.

I will convey it to you today, I decided secretly in my heart.
Hirachi Moritsune

All my attention is on the arm that Shōgawa-san is grabbing. I was nervous and stiff at the start, but I pulled myself together after seeing Shōgawa-san keeping her cool. It is embarrassing, so all that feels futile… Anyway...

Up until the setting sun dyes the sky red, we had plenty of fun in the amusement park. It is just an amusement park in the boondocks, but in this era of bountiful entertainment, we fully enjoyed ourselves at each of the attractions. I have visited plenty of times, but everything seems so fresh, as if this is my first visit.

After visiting all the entertainment facilities, we end up in a cabin of a ferris wheel rising up far from the ground.

「Uwah…!」

Shōgawa-san gasp as she grab onto the railings in the cabin.

「Beautiful…」

Shōgawa-san looks down at the city basked in the setting sun.

「…Hirachi-kun.」

After leaving the window, Shōgawa-san returns to her seat and lock eyes with me.

「Yes, what is it?」

Instead of the scenery outside, I was admiring Shōgawa-san and sat up in a panic.

「Thank you for inviting me today. I had a lot of fun.」

Is her blushing face also the result of the setting sun?

「No, I should be thanking you for accepting my invitation. I had a lot of fun too.」

I planned this activity for the sake of supporting Shōgawa-san on our day off… In the end, the World Conquest Impetus Organization didn’t appear, and we just played normally for the day.

「This… is the first time I played like this at an amusement park with someone…」

「Yes, it’s the same for me.」

The atmosphere is completely different from visiting with my family.

And it’s different from the field trip with my classmates a long time ago too!

「I see. Then it’s a first for the both of us.」

Shōgawa-san smiles mischievously.

One month ago, I never would have thought I could spend a day like this with Shōgawa-san. And of course, I will never think she is actually Mahomaho.

Life is sometimes stranger than fiction.

「… Will you invite me again?」

Shōgawa-san asked timidly with her head slightly bowed.

「Of course!」

I nod immediately.

「Not just the amusement park, we can visit all sorts of places! Every week… No, everyday! It doesn’t matter where we go, as long as I’m with you.」

After all, there’s no telling when the World Conquest Impetus Organization will show up. In order to provide support immediately, it will be prudent to stay by her side.

「Y-Yes…」

After replying softly, Shōgawa-san lowers her head even further.

She then lifts her head suddenly.

「Erm, Hirachi-kun.」

She is looking at me with a determined face once again.

「I have something to tell Hirachi-kun.」

Her voice was trembling a little… but I can feel her firm resolve.

I understand that she is going to tell me something serious.

… By the way, this...

This tense air.

No.

It can’t be, right, Shōgawa-san. 

Are you going to confess…!?

Confess to me…!

That you are Mahomaho!

The cabin has reached the peak, and I’m in utter confusion. Why so sudden? Has she realize that I know her true identity? But why at this timing… Hah!? Is she… testing me!? In that case, then it makes sense why her attire is exactly the same as Mahomaho. Then my reaction is as obvious as alkaline on a litmus paper! Furthermore, all my support has been rather forced, and I didn’t get found out because of how dense Shōgawa-san is…

All that is just an act, and she is keeping an eye on me all this time…!?

「I...」

Shōgawa-san spoke.

「I’m...」

… To be honest.

I feel a sense of relief.

Every day has been tense, wondering when the secret will be exposed.

… So it’s finally over.

「I…」

However...

However, despite that, I still…



Shōgawa Maho

「Wait!」

When I hear his words and see Hirachi-kun’s expression when he interrupts me...

I understand at that instant.

I understand everything that happened so far.

Ahh… all this is definitely.

My misunderstanding.

Hirachi-kun looks really troubled and apologetic.

His gaze isn’t that of someone looking at a lover… towards someone he loves.

The light in his eyes, and the light of my eyes reflected in his pupils, are obviously different.

Now that I think about it, it has always been like this.

Thinking through it calmly, it is time to dispel the magic.

This is… yes, this is probably a misunderstanding right from the start.

Because this is strange.

Given Hirachi-kun’s character, will he suddenly confess to someone he didn’t know well?

The answer is, NO. I understand Hirachi-kun better than before, so I can tell.

So that’s probably not a confession of love.

He might be asking… something like going out with him as friends first.

Which means… I’m the only one who thinks of this as love.

Haha… This is such a shameless misunderstanding.

If I knew from the start...

If I knew from the start, then things won’t turn out this way.

Hirachi-kun, really cherishes me.

Hirachi-kun, understands me better than anyone else.

Hirachi-kun, will take actions for my sake.

So even if I know from the start that this is a misunderstanding, I will still fall for Hirachi-kun.

And now, I end up with a broken heart.



Hirachi Moritsune

Despite that, I … can’t let Shōgawa-san’s curse activate.

I can’t take Mahomaho away from this city.

「I… I can’t hear you out, Shōgawa-san…」

So I said that to her with a bow.

Maybe the curse has been activated at the moment Shōgawa-san realize it.

But even so, I don’t want to listen to her decisive words.

I, ran away.

「… Ah, haha.」

Shōgawa-san laughed.

「Yes…」

The cabin has passed the peak, and is slowly going down.

「That’s true…」

Shōgawa-san is still smiling.

「I will only trouble you if I say that…」

But, why...

Do you look like you are going to cry?

「I’m sorry.」

Why?

She looks completely shaken.

「I, misunderstood, and was just lost in my own thoughts.」

My mind turns blank, and I can’t think about anything.

I can’t even differentiate voices, or hear what Shōgawa-san said.

「I’m sorry for saying something strange.」

The only thing I’m sure of, is that I hurt Shōgawa-san.

But I don’t know what to do.

「I’m sorry for making you troubled.」

I felt anxious, and know I have to say something.

But I have absolutely no idea what to say.

「Sorry.」

I remain dumbfounded right until we reach the ground.

The staff open the doors.

At the same time, Shōgawa-san spoke.

「I have to go.」

Shōgawa-san jumps out of the cabin.

「Thank you very much for today.」

She smiled at me.

But that smile seem to be forcefully plastered on her face.

「Bye bye.」

She then ran off.

It’s obvious that she is rushing off to transform into Mahomaho.

By right, I should follow her to provide support, and prevent Shōgawa-san’s true identity from being exposed.

But I’m still standing stiffly in the cabin.

「I...」

I watched Shōgawa-san go dumbfoundedly. 

Should I hear her out?

To what Shōgawa-san wants to say.

Which means letting Mahomaho disappear.

「What should I do.」

I ask myself a question I don’t have an answer for.

I walk out of the cabin under the surprised gazes of the staff.



Shōgawa Maho

Every time I prepare for a fight, I will feel afraid.

But that fear is gone just for today.

It must be due to the more intense emotion gripping my heart.

Shame, sadness and frustration.

My heart is filled with self loath.

I misunderstood on my own, then got heart broken on my own.

I made Hirachi-kun show such a pained face.

This is the only time I’m grateful that the World Conquest Organization has showed up.

It gave me an excuse to run away.

… In the end, I want to escape.

However, I’m Mahomaho. 

When I’m Mahomaho, I won’t run.

But right now, it’s fine to run, right…?

If it’s right now… It’s fine to cry, right…?


Chapter 8: The Confession That Awakened in the Heart is...

Ever since that day, the distance between Shōgawa-san and me is clearly a little different.

「Good morning, Shōgawa-san.」

「Yes, morning!」

She responds to greetings.

「Erm…」

When I try to continue the conversation, Shōgawa-san will walk right past me. Maybe she didn’t hear my voice, but that timing is too coincidental. Shōgawa-san then returns to her seat, takes out a book and started reading. This is a familiar scene, but I still detected a slight difference.

In the past, Shōgawa-san would get engrossed in her own world without caring about her surroundings, but this time, she seems to be rejecting everything around her. Did Shōgawa-san change, or is my perception different now?

「…………」

Shōgawa-san suddenly darted her eyes my way, which made my hair stand on end.

As if her gaze can see right through me.

I avert my eyes and turn around as if I am avoiding her.

No… I am literally avoiding her. Since that day, I have been avoiding her. I know my attitude is vague, but I still didn’t face the issue directly.

Back then, my mind was blank and I couldn’t even think. And now, I can think about why Shōgawa-san feels hurt.

Shōgawa-san probably can’t keep the secret by herself anyway, and wants to vent it out to someone. Just like the pain I have to endure alone in the past. No… my pain is nothing compared to Shōgawa-san. After all Shōgawa-san is Mahomaho. Shōgawa-san must be tired of playing the role of Mahomaho, and wants to tell someone in order to activate the curse.

And the best 『accomplice』 to end Mahomaho will be me. After all, it is more convenient to find someone who already knows the truth.

Or rather… from Shōgawa-san’s perspective, it has to be me. Unlike me, Yuu-kun will move naturally without any flaws…… it will be very difficult for Shōgawa-san to realize that he knows her secret.

That’s why I have to stop that confession. Just like how Yuu-kun once gave me a hand when I’m down, it is my turn to save Shōgawa-san now.

However… I rejected Shōgawa-san.

Of course Shōgawa-san feels hurt. For Shōgawa-san, the only one who she can count on has pushed her aside, and won’t even listen to her.

By right—— whether I can accept it aside—— I should apologize for what happened that time, and listen sincerely to Shōgawa-san.

I also understand that is the right thing to do.

But… I still can’t muster my resolve.

The resolve to activate Shōgawa-san’s curse.

And take Mahomaho away from this city.

After troubling over it for a few days...

The seats in our class got rearranged, and I lost the seat besides Shōgawa-san.

My seat is at the last row beside the window.

While Shōgawa-san is at the first row next to the corridor.

The distance between our seats seem to mirror the gulf between our hearts.



Shōgawa Maho

Ahh… Why am I being so annoying…

This is all because of my own misunderstanding. Hirachi-kun didn’t do anything wrong, but he is acting like he’s not hurt, and spoke to me with measured words. Even now, he is still willing to talk to me, but I can’t bring myself to face him, and ran away.

But when I realize it, my gaze fell on Hirachi-kun… my vague and annoying attitude… I understand that fully, and am aware of it, but I just can’t change myself.

Even though Satosaki-san didn’t hold anything back in helping me, I’m too ashamed to see her…

… If I go there once more, will it clear the cloud in my heart?



Sorahashi Yūichi

If I’m not wrong, he messed up.

The day after their visit to the Aramachi hill amusement park, the relationship between Moritsune and Shōgawa-san is obviously strained.

Or rather Shōgawa-san is avoiding Moritsune one sidedly.

I have no idea what happened. This is Moritsune we are talking about after all, so there is no way he will harm Shōgawa-san. And the proof is… Shōgawa-san doesn’t really hate Moritsune. Whenever I look her way, Shōgawa-san is always sneaking peeks at Moritsune.

There’s probably a misunderstanding between them.

And they ended up in a situation where they can’t resolve it on their own.

Well then… as the one who created this situation, I have to take action.

Maybe I shouldn’t meddle in their affairs, but since I already stuck my nose in, I should see this to the end.

At the very least, let me support the two of them.



Hirachi Moritsune

「Things don’t seem to be going well.」

「…」

A voice from the sides pull my mind back to reality.

And of course, that nice sounding voice belongs to Yuu-kun.

I look around me, and the two of us are the only ones left in the classroom.

It seems I have been dazing off for a little too long.

「Did you get into a fight with Shōgawa-san when you two visited Aramachi hill amusement park last time…?」

Yuu-kun asks vaguely with a worried look. As if he has been avoiding this topic, but can’t hold it in any longer.

「Not a fight, I’m the one who messed up.」

My face probably look very bitter.

「Is that so… Sorry. It’s all my fault for giving that suggestion in the spur of the moment.」

Yuu-kun scratches his face awkwardly.

「Don’t say that, I’m really grateful towards you, Yuu-kun. I had a lot of fun that day, and I think Shōgawa-san did too.」

I’m being completely honest.

「This is just the inevitable end.」

Maybe Shōgawa-san already suspected that I know her secret right from the start. The incident from that day was just a chance for her to act on it.

「And I have been wondering… If this is the right thing to do.」

That’s my sincere thoughts.

「What happened…?」

「Shōgawa-san will be fine by herself, right?」

Yuu-kun look baffled.

Fortunately, she can still transform, and Mahomaho is still very much active. More importantly, Shōgawa is obviously more guarded since that day. She pays attention to her surroundings constantly, and hasn’t been in danger of exposing her secret.

And I’m very happy for Shōgawa-san about that…

So I don’t have to worry anymore, and can rest easy now.

However, I don’t feel like doing so at all.

I don’t understand why I feel this way.

That’s the reason I want to consult someone, and find out what this lonely emotion in my heart is.

「That’s not true. Because Shōgawa-san is always watching you, Moritsune.」

「Is that so…」

She is probably keeping an eye on me since I didn’t cooperate with her…

「It’s definitely so. I think there’s a misunderstanding between you two, but you can resolve it by talking it out.」

「It will be great if that is true…」

Besides, she won’t even give me the chance to speak with her… Well, it’s useless to talk if I can’t work up my resolve.

「Hey, where did the usual Moritsune who always goes all out? Is this the limit of what you will do for Shōgawa-san? Have you given up? Is this really fine with you?」

Yuu-kun keeps trying to incite me, but my heart won’t catch on fire again. Without any kindling, it is only natural that it won’t burn. 

Kindling… What might that be for me? And why did I lose it?

Indeed, back then, no matter how much Shōgawa-san rejected me, I paid it no mind and kept striving forth.

Why can’t I do that now? Why did I work so hard in the past?

I don’t understand at all.

「That’s true… I will do my best…」

I give an ambiguous answer, but didn’t take action.



Satosaki Shōko

I don’t know what’s going on.

Well, I can sort of understand the awkward atmosphere between Hirachi and Sorahashi. Maybe things aren’t going according to the script…? Or I might just be mistaken, and this is just Sorahashi being mad at Hirachi for flirting with someone else.

But why is Zhao Yun-san so depressed…? She is obviously avoiding Hirachi, and me too…

Was she assaulted by Hirachi? From the atmosphere… she had a fight with Hirachi…? But I can’t imagine the two of them fighting… Is she feeling guilty to be the reason that the relationship between Hirachi and Sorahashi is souring? Even now, there is a serious air between Sorahashi and Hirachi.

What should I say to her…? Ughh, I can’t even find a chance to talk to her…!

To avoid being discovered by Zhao Yun-san, the best I can do is peek at her face from the corridor…!

—Bzzz—Bzzz—

In the end, I’m the one who got Zhao Yun-san into this… No matter how I think about it, I’m the one who bears the bigger responsibility…

—Bzzz—Bzzz—

I want to do something… But my poorly thought out intervention that made matters worse still weighs heavily on my mind...

—Bzzz—Bzzz—

Should I put the two boys aside for now, and focus on Shōgawa-san? The two of them will make up in the end anyway. That’s what my instincts tell me, so I’m not depressed at all. But that’s not very convincing at all… If only there is some decisive development...

—Bzzz—Bzzz—

Tch, why does my phone keep on vibrating!? What… A twitter notification, huh. The past me will check immediately, but Hirachi X Sorahashi is more important here. Sorry, Mahomaho, I’m your fan, but I won’t concede on this point...

… However, what’s with this massive number of notification...?

Let’s take a look……… Hmm, this is…?



Hirachi Moritsune

「Isn’t that Zhao Yun-san?」

「… Huh?」

That name (although it’s the wrong one) made me turn towards the source. Satosaki-san is peeking into the classroom from the corridor, and is checking her phone in that posture.

I’m curious about what she is doing, but there’s a more important issue right now.

「Erm, Satosaki-san, what happened?」

「Uwah!? No, nothing! I’m not a stalker, or want to bear witness to a blooming love…!」

……? I don’t understand a word of what Satosaki-san is saying...

For some reason, Satosaki-san is waving her hands in a panic……… Hmm? Wait. I think I see something impossible on Satosaki-san’s phone…!?

「Satosaki-san, excuse me!」

I grab Satosaki-san’s hand to stop her from waving it. It might be too rude to do that to a girl, but now isn’t the time to worry about that.

On the screen is a User Interface that is as familiar to me as a childhood friend. Twitter.

It shows information about the World Conquest Impetus Organization.

But that didn’t matter right now.

「This is……」

The image on it made me open my eyes wide.

The place is Aramachi hill amusement park. To be honest, I don’t want to think about this place right now, but let’s leave that aside for now too. The problem is the person on the screen.

Big Sister Pink Gen is floating in the air and laughing haughtily.

And in the hands of Mahomaho’s rival is...

「Shōgawa-san?」

It is Mahomaho herself!

「Hmm? What’s wrong?」

Yuu-kun tilts his head.

「Erm, well...」

I should report this to Yuu-kun immediately, but the words got stuck in my throat.

Everyone believes that Mahomaho will definitely save the hostage. However, it is very unlikely that Shōgawa-san will transform in public to save herself. Only Yuu-kun and me who knows Mahomaho true identity can think that far.

I believe that leaving this to Yuu-kun will be the right choice. Unlike me, he can resolve this crisis perfectly.

After all, Shōgawa-san is avoiding me.

Even if I go, Shōgawa-san won’t be happy.

…… But even so...

「…Yuu-kun」

But even so, I still want to go save her myself. I don’t understand why I had to either. I know very well that I shouldn’t let my emotions affect my decision right now.

「I have to go.」

After dismissing the irrelevant things from my mind, I decided on my course of action.

「Oh, that’s a nice expression.」

Yuu-kun said to me with a smile.

「Do you need this?」

He tosses something my way without asking me for the reason. I caught it on reflex and open my hand. It is a key for a bicycle. From my school to Aramachi hill amusement park, compared to taking a train, it will be faster to cycle there directly.

「Thank you very much!」

I grab the key tightly.

「Come back soon, hero.」

I smile wryly in response to Yuu-kun’s bold smile.

I can never be a hero.

No matter how you dice it, I'm a shameless man who can’t even muster my resolve.

Even if I manage to save Shōgawa-san, I can’t imagine what will happen next.

Maybe we will return back to the normal days of being avoided by Shōgawa-san.

However, Yuu-kun is looking at me with eyes of expectations.

So I should at least answer some of the expectations that my comrade has placed in me.

「I will be right back.」

I smile boldly too, as if I got influenced by Yuu-kun.



Sorahashi Yūichi

Actually, I already got the gist of what is going on.

I saw the screen on Satosaki’s phone too.

Normally, I should rush to Aramachi hill amusement park together with Moritsune to rescue Shōgawa-san. But when I saw Moritsune’s eyes, I can’t say that anymore, and I don’t want to say it either. His gaze that was devoid of confidence is now filled with a strong gleam that I admire so much. That’s why I think it will be fine to leave it all to Moritsune.

… And even if Moritsune fails, Mahomaho will clean up after him anyway. Or rather Mahomaho will definitely save Shōgawa-san before Moritsune does...

But even so, I still harbour this baseless belief that Moritsune will save Shōgawa-san splendidly…



Satosaki Shōko

「… What’s going on?」

Hirachi ran out of the classroom for unknown reason, and Sorahashi who saw him off without saying a word. 

To be frank, I don’t get it.

「Moritsune is going to show his manly side.」

「… O-Oh.」

After hearing that answer, I still don’t understand anything.

But I’m sure of one thing… Sorahashi looks completely refreshed. Has their gulf… gone…?

When? Why? How did that happen? I don’t know anything…

Does that mean they are in a world where only the two of them understand each other?

Heehee…… Not bad. I like it… Fufufu.

「…Satosaki, you are drooling, are you fine?」

「Ehhh!? N-No! I’m just hungry!」

That was close… I have to pay attention to my surroundings…

By the way, Zhao Yun-san, it might not be clear, but the plan is proceeding smoothly, so don’t feel bad about any hiccups.

Hurry up and get rescued by Mahomaho, and return to your seat!


No comments:

Post a Comment