Saturday, August 15, 2020

Gamers Volume 4 Afterword

 Hi, I’m the author, Sekina Aoi. I’ll skip the introduction with a simple greeting this time.

The reason is that there are only three pages reserved for the afterword. Come to think of it, I feel like there’ll be people who want to mess with me (exotic people that want to see Sekina Aoi suffers from writing a lengthy afterword)-

“Hey, hey, hey, is Sekina Aoi slacking off lately? The afterword is pretty short. You were so much better in the past! That’s disappointing; this is what a guy that forgot his initial goals looks like!”

They’ll express their anger this way. Please wait, basically. I’m not a guy that specializes in writing long afterwords. Instead, I’m a guy that’s “cursed by the pages of the afterwords.” In other words, indeed…

Reasonably, when everyone is hoping that “it’s time for a lengthy afterword right,” the lengthy afterword will never appear!

The God of Afterwords is way too cunning! I guess he’s just as evil as the “God of Misunderstandings” that pranks the characters in the series, or even worse!

Uh, in reality, how should I put it, …honestly, I also thought about “it’s time for me to complain that I’m writing too much for the afterword.” (A depressing confession)

Although I agreed with that, in the end, that guy said, “Alright, we don’t need you to be this cooperative. I feel like you’re like a comedian that freaks out too much, and it’s annoying. So, there’ll be only 3 pages for this afterword. We’ll make you write a long one when you’re entirely unsuspecting it. Thanks for the work!” Jeez, forgive me.

Even so, I feel like I will lose if I squeezed the main story just to write a lengthy afterword. So, I decided to not fight against fate. Sigh, …I really want to write a long one too. (In reality, I’m laying on the back of the chair and feel that it’s relaxing to write 3 pages only.)

Well, about the story in this volume, …instead of saying that this is a particular character’s round, this is more of a mixed volume. In a sense, I feel like this episode really fits the gamers’ style. The editor commented on the situation around Konoha. “I didn’t expect you to drag her into the story this way.” To that, I nodded exaggeratedly and said, “Right, it feels that way.” Then, I raised my head confidently and answered the editor.

“I didn’t expect that too.” …Phew.

Anyway, the 4th volume has been a shocking one in all senses. Please look forward to the plot in Volume 5. After all, I’m looking forward to it myself. H-How will the story of Gamers go!

Alright, just like the last time, here’s the appreciation speech. First of all, thank you, Cactus-sensei, for drawing such an attractive Nina Oiso cover and the colored illustrations. I really appreciated that. Also, I suspected that Amano, who rejected the Game Club’s invitation in the 1st volume, is an idiot. Thanks for the work.

Also, props to the editor that quickly took the original Gamers script that’s full of plot twists despite not having an outline at all. I appreciated that. Thanks to that, Amano and his pals seem to be living freely. However, if they suddenly started an isekai adventure, please remind me. “Aoi-sensei, while that’s an unexpected development, this isn’t right.” Although I’m not sure whether I’ll regain my consciousness.

Also, the readers that can’t tell how will this romantic comedy proceed despite in the 4th volume, thank you. Even though the story is really frustrating, I still plan to include “love” and “comedy” as the central theme of the series. So, it’s my honor if everyone can enjoy this with a laugh.

Well, see you in Volume 5!


Sekina Aoi



No comments:

Post a Comment