Saturday, August 24, 2019

There Is No Way a Support Type Character Will Have a Girlfriend V1 (4 of 6)

Chapter 6: The contradiction in each of their thoughts are...


Translator: Skythewood
Editor: Hiiro

After my consultation with Satosaki-san, the weekend passed, and it’s now Monday.

「G-Good morning!」

I said as loud as I can.

This is the first time I’m doing something like this. Normally, I will go quietly to my seat.

However… I have decided to change!

A few classmates turn my way, then look away disinterestedly… And then turn back fiercely my way again. The others notice, and cast puzzled gazes my way. In the end, all my classmates looked surprised without exception.

A moment of silence later, the class reverted back to being rowdy. Everyone is shocked by my change. Or rather, it will be troubling for me if they didn’t. After all, this is a display of my determination.

I cut off the bangs covering my forehead, and combed my hair that I had always lazily tied into twin tails. I traded my thick frame glasses for contact lenses.

And of course, all this is Satosaki-san’s suggestion. 「Listen carefully, the mob around the protagonist might have the settings of background mobs, but they really aren’t. They are all cute. If you are going to take up the page count, then I won’t allow you to be a mere mob. So changing your image is the top priority.」 That’s what she said. I actually don’t get some of his metaphors… But I agree that appearances are important. Since Hirachi-kun confessed to someone like me, she isn’t the type to judge girls from their looks… But there is definitely nothing to lose from having a cuter girlfriend.

…… But a girlfriend……! I'm already accepting this…!?

Erm, no, I'm a fake! Girlfriend (fake)! As the girlfriend (fake) of Hirachi-kun, this is the right decision to make! 

L-Leaving that aside for now…… I thought I would get a makeover from head to toe, but Satosaki-san says 「it's enough.」 I don't have the elegance of Satosaki-san at all, but she assures me that 「Zhao Yun-san is fine just like that」. My feelings are a little complicated on this… Because I only changed my hairdo and took off my glasses, right? From my classmates’ reaction…… Well…… I guess…… it worked?

… Yes, it will be meaningless if they didn’t react this way. What I’m more concerned about, is what Hirachi-kun thinks. Ah, no, I mean, whether he thinks we are now equal! 

With plenty of things on my mind, I walked to my seat.

It seems Hirachi-kun isn’t here yet, so I will have some time to prepare myself mentally...

「Good morning, Shōgawa-san」

「Fuwah?」

That’s too quick, Hirachi-kun!?

「Oh, did I startle you…? Sorry.」

「Ah, no, not really…!」

「Ohh?」

Hirachi-kun looks at my surprised face, and raises an eyebrow.

「You did your hair, and changed to contacts? It looks nice on you.」

He said with a gentle smile.

「T-T-Thank you very much…」

It took everything I had to answer him. Hirachi-kun said I look nice……! 

……… Huh? This seems a little different from what I imagined…? His reaction is too plain…? N-No, I’m not expecting him to tell me 「Shōgawa-san, you are so lovely! I’m completely mesmerized! Love!」… Is it true? Am I really not hoping a little for that?

E-Even if he didn’t react like that… He should be more surprised… I think… I want Hirachi-kun to be at least half as surprised as I was when I saw his change… Or am I not that different from before…?

「Hey Hirachi, why is your reaction so bland?」

I’m slowly getting depressed, and Satosaki-san spoke up for me:

「Zhao Yun-san is cute right? God knows which dude this girl is changing her image for. I’m hoping for more comments from you!」

W-Wait, that’s a really embarrassing cue… But thank you Satosaki-san. 

And what is a 「dood」…? Some adjective…?

「Hah?」

Hirachi-kun, is still acting nonchalant…

「I will be frank then…」

W-What will he say… That this change isn’t much at all…?

「Shōgawa-san’s cuteness is really obvious, is there any need to bring that up now?」

…… Fwah!?「Fwah!?」

Ah, I accidentally made that sound out loud… What is that just now…?

I-I want to hear it one more time….

「And this image? It did bring out a different charm from her, but Shōgawa-san’s cuteness is an undeniable truth. It can’t be concealed with just hairstyles and glasses.」

I’m sorry! Forget it! My heart can’t take this! 

「Woah… Hirachi, I didn’t expect you to say something so amazing.」

See, you even surprised Satosaki-san!

「The amazing thing is Shōgawa-san’s cuteness, right? I’m disappointed that I can only describe Shōgawa-san’s cuteness with such shallow words.」

Hirachi-kun, can you just stop!?

Ahh… so that’s how you see me… I’m really happy but… This is too embarrassing!

「S-Sorry, I’m going to the washroom!」

I ran away this time too.



Hirachi Moritsune

Hmm? Shōgawa-san left… Let’s check the news if the World Conquest Impetus Organization showed up… She is blushing so much, is she unwell…? Her leg was injured not too long ago, so it’s better for her not to push herself...

「…Hirachi」

Satosaki-san called out to me with a suspicious face.

「To be safe, I want to ask… You like Sorahashi… right?」

Haha, I was wondering what she wants to ask.

「Of course.」

After all, Yuu-kun and I are comrades!

「T-That’s true…」

Satosaki-san looks relieved and returns to her seat. Is she worried about me making friends…? Despite how she looks, Satosaki-san really cares about others.

As I was thinking about that, Yuu-kun put his arm around my shoulders.

「Well done, Moritsune」

「Yes?」

I have no idea what he is talking about. Yuu-kun gives me a thumbs up, then walks away with a refreshing smile. Ughh—— I don’t get everyone’s reaction this morning…

I don’t get why Shōgawa-san suddenly changed her image. Satosaki-san mentioned 「some dude」… is Shōgawa-san going to an idol group’s concert…?

Speaking of which… I’m getting worried. Like I said, the change in Shōgawa-san’s image made her cuteness obvious. Even though I already know that very well, my heart started racing when I saw her. There will be more boys who will fall for Shōgawa-san. And one of them might catch the eye of Shōgawa-san. When she gets a lover, I can’t stay by Shōgawa-san’s side anymore, and there will be chances of mistakes in keeping the secret.

I have to think of a countermeasure for that…

Well, if Shōgawa-san can become happy, then finding a lover is…… Ehh? I felt a stabbing pain in my chest for a moment…? Did I catch a cold too…? Oh no, I have to pay more attention to the weather…



「Moritsune… The wind is rising.」

Like before, Yuu-kun brought me to the soccer club room at noon.

And he started off by saying that.

「Hah. It’s the season for flu, huh.」
<TL: In japanese, kaze can mean wind or cold(illness)>

So influenza is spreading. Will Shōgawa-san be fine…?

「Shōgawa-san’s image change is definitely a direct response to Moritsune’s actions.」

Hmm? Why did you suddenly bring that up…? What about the influenza…?

So, he wants to talk about that.

「Haha, surely you jest. That’s being too self conscious.」

Why would Shōgawa-san’s new image have anything to do with me?

「No, Moritsune, you are too dense…」

Yuu-kun looks exasperated, and shake his head in defeat.

「Yuu-kun, let me ask you, will you change your image because you are conscious of the gaze of a scarecrow? Just what do you think of yourself?」

「Well, an axolotl……」

「Sorry, but stop bringing up the axolotl, okay?」

After cutting me off, Yuu-kun shakes his head again. He then changes his expression:

「Moritsune, don’t you think you have gotten closer to Shōgawa-san?」

「Yes. It might be rude to say this about Shōgawa-san, but thanks to her injury, the situation is turning out in my favor…」

I concur on this point, and nods in agreement.

「Yes, which means, you can talk normally with her.」

Yuu-kun continues with a smile:

「And now, Moritsune has to convey your feelings to her, just like this morning.」

My feelings… He means the determination to protect Shōgawa-san’s secret at all cost? Aside from that, I don’t have any other thoughts about Shōgawa-san. But I don’t think I conveyed anything this morning though… Besides that...

「Like I mentioned last time, wouldn’t it be bad to say it out loud?」

「Yes, I fully understand your concerns, Moritsune.」

It’s not good if Shōgawa-san 『realizes her secret is out』, and Yuu-kun knew that too. In that case, why did he say that…?

「That’s precisely why you have to do it.」

Yuu-kun suddenly looks serious.

「As expected, conveying your intent with words is important. Girls will feel more at ease if you tell them verbally. Moritsune, even if it’s just a little, you have to properly tell her your thoughts.」

… I see.

「……Yuu-kun, I get what you mean.」

Simply put, Shōgawa-san still don’t trust me completely!

Yes… If I tell her about it, I can improve that a little… everything is clear now. Shōgawa-san and I didn’t have anything in common in the first place. Shōgawa-san is so kind that she will even accept the friend request of someone like me who she just got acquainted with. Thinking about it from her perspective, this is really suspicious, like the recruitment of some cult and force sales of some merchandize, so of course she will avoid me. Instead Shōgawa-san who allowed me to get closer to her despite all that, is an angel!

Yes, I should show my sincerity to Shōgawa-san once more! 

「Thank you very much… I will convey my feelings clearly to her.」

「Yes, that’s the spirit! Go for it, Moritsune!」

「Alright, leave it to me!」

That’s right, the next time I’m alone with Shōgawa-san, I will tell her clearly how I feel.

And the reason why I want to stay by Shōgawa-san’s side.

It’s definitely… not for some strange reason though!



Shōgawa Maho

「The question is, just how far do you want to progress to consider the game as cleared, Zhao Yun-san?」

During lunch break, I said to Satosaki-san who is eating lunch with me in the classroom.

Ehehe… it’s been so long since I had lunch with someone like this.

「…? Zhao Yun-san, are you listening?」

Satosaki-san stared at me as my cheeks were drooping. Not good…

「Yes, I’m listening. But, what are you talking about? Are you playing a game Satosaki-san?」

「I will play until I get all the CG, of course… No, I’m not talking about that!」

This is unexpected, Satosaki-san actually play games. But what is a CG…? Satosaki-san leans to my ear and whispers:

「It’s about Hirachi.」

「Ah, y-yes.」

I nod a little franctically.

I was the one who went to Satosaki-san to consult about this, and Satosaki-san is taking it so seriously… Get it together, me!

「Erm… what does… clearing the game means?」

I don’t really get it, so I ask with my head tilted.

「Well, think about how close you want to get to Hirachi. From that incident in the morning, you two are close enough, right? You must have noticed that.」

「Ah, yes… Maybe…」

After all, Hirachi-kun is the one who… confessed… I didn’t think that far… in the end, the important thing is what I think.

「You might be surprised when I say this… But I still don’t know how I feel…」

「No, I’m not that surprised.」

Even I felt shameless for saying that, but Satosaki-san answered with a gentle smile.

「Everyone is the same for their first time. They would double guess their own feelings, and even deny it. This is only natural, a coming of age thing. You don’t have to feel ashamed. Once you overcome this trial, your feelings will then be the genuine thing.」

「I-I see…」

As expected of the comment of a mature lady… Satosaki-san is definitely a veteran of love...

「Speaking of which, I think I should confirm this now. For example… can you imagine Hirachi kissing another girl?」

I followed her advice and started imagining that.

I don’t know where to start even is she asked me, and in the end, Satosaki-san became the girl for this example. The more I imagine Hirachi-kun and Satosaki-san dating, the more I think she will be a better match for her than me… In my imagination, their lips draw close slowly… And I…

「My chest feels stuffy and uncomfortable… I think…」

With that answer, Satosaki-san nods happily.

「It’s settled then.」

She smiles cheerfully.

「Zhao Yun-san, that’s love!」

「L-Love!?」

Uwahh!? I couldn’t help shouting…! I quickly scan the area… The classroom is noisy, and no one seemed to notice me…

「Well, that’s how it feels in the beginning. I have experienced that before. However, if you accept it… then you will realize “Oh, so love comes in this form too”…」

I-Is that so…? I’m curious about Satosaki-san’s love experience, but I have my hands full just thinking about my own problems…

「And, what you did just now is just hypothetical, okay? Hirachi isn’t a guy who will fall for a girl so easily, so don’t worry!」

But Hirachi-kun confessed to me, who isn’t mature at all… Is what Satosaki-san said true…?

「I guess the only exception is Mahomaho.」

I suddenly turn stiff.

The laughing Satosaki-san is clearly joking, and probably didn’t know Mahomaho’s true identity. That was close, it will be bad if she noticed me acting weird… I have to pull myself together, I will be fine. I’m more involved with other people now, but I will protect my secret properly…! 

But if I’m not careful… like just now, when I’m not alone, and are together with Satosaki-san and Hirachi-kun… Ehh? I feel more pained and frustrated than before… What if I expose this secret to Hirachi-kun…? What’s going on… I’m more reluctant to let Hirachi-kun know my feelings now…?

My train of thought is going in a strange direction.

By using magic, I made everyone who didn’t know the real identity of Mahomaho see Shōgawa Maho as a different person. But Hirachi-kun is incredibly into Mahomaho, so did he unconsciously realize that I look similar to her? Then… the reason he confessed to me… is because I look like Mahomaho.

Something like that…

「Wait, Zhao Yun-san?」

Satosaki-san’s panicky voice pulled me back to reality.

「Huh…? What’s wrong…?」

「You suddenly looks like you are going to cry. Does your tummy hurts?」

Cry…? Why did I…?

Ah, I made Satosaki-san worried…! 

「Y-Yes! Everything is fine! I was just moved by the resilience of the flowers blooming on the roadside, despite the heavy foot traffic there!」

「At such a timing!?」

Ughh… I have to fudge it through…. 

「Ahh!」

First, I have to make it look like I just remembered something important.

「W-What’s wrong this time…?」

「No, I’m just thinking that it would be great if the flowers can take revenge on humanity.」

「Your thinking is too dangerous!?」

Satosaki-san looks afraid for some reason, but I manage to brush the entire matter away.

It has been a week since my left leg fractured, and today, my leg has completely healed.



Hirachi Moritsune

On the day I decide to tell Shōgawa-san what is on my mind, school is out.

「… Erm, Hirachi-kun.」

Shōgawa-san in my arms said hesitantly to me in a quiet voice.

Like before, I’m carrying Shōgawa-san in a princess carry, but the difference this time is that she isn’t resisting.

Or rather, from the fourth day onwards, Shōgawa-san stop resisting anything I did. Her face looks at peace, as if she had reached enlightenment. Her lifeless eyes and face of resignation must be my imagination.

「Thank you.」

Shōgawa-san said with a face of resignation… no, enlightenment.

「Don’t mention it, I should be thanking you instead. Thank you for helping me with my training.」

I said and increase the force in my arms. To be honest, I’m almost at my limit. Shōgawa-san was as light as she looks, but that’s still the weight of a person. For my indoor-type body, it is an incredible burden.

「Yes… let’s go with that.」

Shōgawa-san said with a bashful smile.

「But I still want to thank you.」

Before I realize it, Shōgawa-san no longer stutters when she speaks to me.

「I’m thanking you for today. And also for the things you did for me before… Thank you very much.」

Her voice isn’t loud, but for some reason, it sounds louder than anything I ever heard from her.

「They were all reckless, and some were outright embarrassing… But I know Hirachi-kun did all that to help me. So, thank you.」

「Ah, no, erm… Fuee (laugh).」

I never expected she to thank me so directly, which caught me off guard. I can feel the refreshing smile I practiced before the mirror reverting back to being disgusting.

「Heehee~」

Unlike before, Shōgawa-san didn’t get scared, and respond with a smile.

「However,」

Her smile looks a little gloomy.

「My leg is fine now.」

Her voice had a hint of loneliness… Did I hear wrongly because I want it to be so?

「I will be taking off my cast tomorrow… So Hirachi-kun doesn’t have to take care of me anymore.」

Speaking of which, her injury will heal in a week with magic… And today marks the last day of that week, so it has healed… Hmm?

A question suddenly came to my mind.

「Erm… This is just a guess. You fell and your leg…」

「Yes, it’s fractured.」

That answer made me sweat. Is it normal for a fracture to heal in a week? I remember when my older sister had a fracture, she only took off her cast after one month. It can heal in a week with magic, but it will normally require more time! 

「By the way… Are you going to a hospital to remove your cast?」

「That’s right.」

Why do you look like this is only natural!? Shōgawa-san… you didn’t notice how unnatural this is!

If the doctors sees this, they will notice how fast your injury healed!

And with your abysmal explanation skills, you will expose the fact that you are a Radiant Magical Girl!? Don’t you get it!? Can’t you have more self awareness!?

I retorted in my heart.

「… No.」

I held Shōgawa-san tightly. 

「Ehh? What?」

Shōgawa-san tilt her head and ask puzzledly.

「You can’t remove your cast yet. Please wait a little longer.」

I looked right into her eyes, and shared my sincere feelings.

「Ehh…? Postpone…? You mean tomorrow or the day after…?」

「No, one month.」

「That’s nowhere near a 『little』!?」

After showing a shocked expression, Shōgawa-san looked up at me.

For some reason, Shōgawa-san’s right hand that is holding an umbrella starts fidgeting with her left hand.

「Erm… Hirachi-kun, why are you saying that…?」

She then sought an answer with a whimsical voice on the verge of being drowned out by the rain.

Guu… Of course she will ask that.

「Because…」

I can’t tell her the truth. If I did, Shōgawa-san will realize that I know her secret.

「I…」

But, what should I say…!? The more lies there are, the harder it is to hide. So I just need to avoid the important part, and leave what I really think behind…!?

Which means…! 

「I want an excuse to stay by Shōgawa-san’s side!」

Ehhh!?!?!?!?!?!? Why did I say that!? Won’t Shōgawa-san think I’m staying by her side because I have ulterior motives?

This might be a chance to grow closer to Shōgawa-san, but she might think I’m planning something nefarious.

「Uwah…」

Shōgawa-san looks at me for a moment with wide open eyes, then lower her head.

Right… She got spooked…

… No, in another sense, isn’t this a great chance?

I have decided to convey my feelings at noon break… And I honestly told Shōgawa-san that I want to stay by her side.

「Sorry… Can you let me explain?」
Shōgawa Maho

「Let me clarify this first.」

After telling me that he wants to stay by my side, Hirachi-kun continues with a serious expression.

No, erm, if possible, can we have a halftime break…? My heart is going to burst… But it seems that this isn’t the time to say that...

「I don’t have any indecent or sordid motives at all.」

Hmm…? Indecent…? Sordid…? What is he saying…?

「And with that in mind, the reason I want to stay by your side is...」

With that in mind… I’m not sure what he is referring to… will it be fine for me to hear more…?

「Is because I want to help you.」

That sounds really vague.

But it somehow moves my heart.

「You choose to take this lonely path by your own will.」

That’s true.

I’m a Radiant Magical Girl, so I have to stay away from people around me.

「But, you don’t wish to be alone.」

That… is probably true too.

Being a Radiant Magical Girl is my excuse to be alone. I will be fine by myself… That’s what I tell myself.

「If you truly wish to be alone, I have no intention of stopping you.」

That isn’t a conclusion he drew from thinking that I’m pitiful.

「But I… Don’t think it’s fine to be alone.」

That’s a statement made after feeling a loneliness that is even beyond mine.

「So… if you are okay with this.」

I think I’m going to cry.

「Can I stay by your side?」

When I see Hirachi-kun’s face from up close, my heart starts racing.

「Will you allow me to continue helping you?」

I answer naturally.

「… Okay.」

When I said that, I realize one thing.

What that emotion I had been feeling but didn’t understand all this while.

The feeling I have towards Hirachi-kun.

That, must be love.

And the feelings I have towards Mahomaho.

That, must be jealousy.

I feel that towards myself… No, because the other party is myself, that’s why I’m jealous. There are many who likes Mahomaho, and I always thought that is amazing… because that is the only thing I’m proud of. Even though she is 『another me』, but that is good enough. However, I want Hirachi-kun to like 『Shōgawa Maho』 more than 『Mahomaho』.

And so… I want to become a girl that Hirachi-kun will fall for.

I only thought of this today.

But this is unquestionably, the firmest decision that I have ever made.



Hirachi Moritsune

Hah, I finally said it.

「Please stay by my side, and continue to help me.」

Shōgawa-san said that with a smile.

「In sickness and in health, right?」

I add that line in, and my face turn stiff.

Oh no, that has nothing to do with the cast at all…! I got too caught up with my thoughts, and neglected the danger looming imminently…! 

「If… Hirachi-kun thinks that is more convenient, then let’s postpone it.」

… Hmm? Why are things suddenly going my way…?

「For me too… It’s probably easier for me to have a reason…」

Huh…? I don’t get what she is saying… What is… hah?

I see, I get it now. The reason is referring to… Shōgawa-san’s feelings.

I’m really too dense. She must be talking about postponing the removal of the cast. That is the only possibility… which means...

Shōgawa-san finally arrived at the same conclusion as me!

Healing a fracture in one week is too fast!

Haha, Shōgawa-san is blushing from the shame of realizing it so late, right? No, that’s fine, no one is perfect. Everyone learns from their mistakes! You are already a better person than yesterday! … But she looks too red from just being ashamed… C-Could it be…!?

She caught a cold!?

Ughh, I have to hurry up and send her home!

…… However, I…! 

「… Sorry, Shōgawa-san.」

「Ehh? What? Why are you suddenly…」

Why am I so powerless…!?

「I can’t end this quickly…」

To be honest, walking with her in my arms is my limit… I can hear my limbs groaning… I can’t even walk faster, much lest run…! Shōgawa-san, forgive my weakness…!

「I-I see…」

Shōgawa-san raise her face a little, and looks my way.

「I… don’t want it to end so soon either…」

「Is that so…」

I understand… Thinking about this carefully, if I start running now, we will get wet from the rain.

I didn’t think this through.

「Then… Please hold on to my body tighter.」

「Y-Yes… I will…」

Shōgawa-san pressed herself closer to me as I requested.

「Will this do…?」

「Yes.」

To others, we might look like an intimate couple holding each other close. However, this isn’t such a bittersweet moment. This is the best posture to avoid Shōgawa-san getting hit by the rain. Thanks to Shōgawa-san wrapping her arms around my shoulders, the load on my arms is lighter now. The change in posture led to the umbrella drooping.

I didn’t expect the rain to fall on Shōgawa-san…… Eh, wait!? After the water soak her chest, that thing protecting her breasts can be seen now…!? … No, I have to purge my mind! I just have to look elsewhere! Fortunately, my body is blocking the view, so no one else can see Shōgawa-san’s translucent clothes…! I can make a safe delivery to her house without getting seen!

Be a man, Hirachi Moritsune…! You have decided to protect her, so follow through on your words!

Be it Shōgawa-san’s secret, her health, or that thing protecting her breasts!



Chapter 7: The Date On Their Day Off Is...

I’m having lunch with Zhao Yun-san again, and we continued yesterday’s topic.

「Satosaki-san, I finally understand now.」

For some reason, Zhao Yun-san said with a determined face.

「My feelings… is exactly what Satosaki-san described yesterday.」

Oh, she finally realize it? That is love… the love for the intimate relations between boys!

By the way, Zhao Yun-san, you are a quick learner. Back then, this troubled me for an entire month. To be so open minded… Is she more talented than I imagined?

「And so, I want to further this relationship. This time… I will take the initiative! …Satosaki-san can you help me devise a plan?」

「Fu…」

I laugh like a master watching the growth of her disciple.

The fletching that just awaken yesterday wants to take the initiative today to further the relationship between those two… She has really grown.

「Of course, leave it to me.」

I will help her as much as I can, as a senior in this field. Well, personally, I prefer watching them nurture their relationship from the side… But witnessing a shocking development will be a treat too.

「Alright then, Zhao Yun-san. Let’s work by attacking Hirachi aggressively. Even if he turns you down, you have to put your head down and strive forth!」

Since ancient times, love rivals have always been the fuel for love. It will be more delicious for a boy to play that role… but unfortunately, aside from those two, there aren’t any other boys around me who hold similar views toward love. And having a girl as a rival is the most orthodox method. 「Instead of being with me, he will be happier with a woman…」 Sorahashi’s internal struggles will cause him to leave Hirachi, and even set aside his feelings. However, he will realize that 「no matter what anyone says, the only one who can make him happy is me! I will definitely make him happy!」 They then embrace and kiss… Guhehe…

「Satosaki-san? If you are hungry, please don’t mind me and dig in...」

Looks like I’m drooling again.

「No, it’s fine. What about you… did you succeed?」

I ask with a serious face.

To be honest, in this plan, Zhao Yun-san has the role of an impurity, a shit stirring stick, and a loser. And most important of all… she will be disrupting the pairing she supports with her own hands. No matter how deep her resolve, this is still a painful job.

Normally, I should be the one playing this role. As a senior, I should be setting an example. But my 『frivolous』 image in class has taken root. Even if I try to interfere, it is very likely that Hirachi won’t take me seriously.

Given the current situation, there is no better choice than Zhao Yun-san. And she is setting up for the Sorahashi X Hirachi pairing too! A plain girl changing her image overnight and becoming a hottie, that will make tackling Hirachi easier. From the perspective of bystanders, this is like 『changing your image for the sake of someone』. The timing is just right.

The only thing left will be Zhao Yun-san’s resolve…

「Yes, I will do it!」

That’s right… she has a determined face.

「Okay, next will be the specific plan…」



Shōgawa Maho

In order to make Hirachi-kun like 『Shōgawa Maho』 even more, I will be taking the initiative.

But it’s easier said than done.

… Even now, I still feel unsure about feeling this for the first time. So I’m really grateful to Satosaki-san for telling me all that. She even gave me advice to ascertain if my feelings will waver. Satosaki-san is definitely a veteran in this… As expected of the great love master (dub by me)!

With that in mind, I listen to Satosaki-san’s specific plan with bated breath.

Hirachi-kun… I will definitely make you fall for me!

… Ah, but it’s so suffocating…



「Hirachi-kun, want to have lunch together?」

「Yes, it will be my pleasure.」

「…Oh, Hirachi-kun’s lunch box looks delicious. Is your mother great at cooking?」

「No, it’s embarrassing to say this, but I made this myself. My mother has to get up early because of her work.」

「Ehh, ah… I see…」

「What’s the matter Shōgawa-san? Why do you look so baffled?」

「N-No, it’s nothing!」

Ughh… It’s clear that Hirachi-kun is better at cooking than me… 『Preparing a lunch box for him to show him my girl power』 has failed before I even attempt it…

「Good morning, Hirachi-kun.」

「Good morning, Shōgawa-san.」

「Erm, today I…」

「You tied your hair into a ponytail. It looks good on you. Your nails are cute too. Oh, you trim 2mm off your bangs? And the fragrance of your shampoo smells different too. But are you having trouble with your sleep? Your eyebags are showing.」

「You are too observant! This isn’t information that normal people can gather in just an instant!」

「Haha, this isn’t much. Because I’m always paying attention to Shōgawa-san.」

「Thank… Thank you…」

Ugh… The 『make minute changes to make his heart race』 plan failed… But is it really a failure… He noticed everything… But I didn’t sense Hirachi-kun’s heart racing at all… Or rather, my heart is the one racing just now…

「Hey, Hirachi-kun. I want some accessories as a gift… or something…」

「I see, leave it to me… That’s what I want to say, but my finance is a bit tight recently… Will a handmade item be fine? You prefer silver accessories, right?」

「Ah, Hirachi-kun has dexterous hands. I will prefer handmade ones!」

「Got it, then I will start with procuring silver.」

「You are starting from that!? Aren’t you overdoing the DIY thing!?」

「Please don’t worry. Be it procurement or refining, I have learned all that from the online course 『Starting Silverwork from RE:Zero』.」

「I might be overthinking this, but you learned this a long time ago, right? Courses like this are really sketchy, so how can you accept this so easily, Hirachi-kun!?」

「I have to prepare for this day that will come eventually.」

「You are too good at predicting situations that might arise!? S-Sorry, I’m just joking! I don’t want a gift at all! So don’t sign on the leave of absence from school form! And why do you have that in your drawer!?」

「I have to prepare for this day that will come eventually.」

「You predict that something like this will happen to you!?」



Ughh…the 『asking for a gift by using my feminine whims』 failed… No, it is working too well! It’s banned!

「Ahh—… Walking seems so tiring…」

「I see, do you need a Hirachi taxi?」

「Sorry, I feel energetic all of a sudden.」

「Why do you look so serious!?」

Ughh… 『Letting him see my cute and spoiled side』plan has failed… By the way, Hirachi-kun is always spoiling me too much, so that’s a meaningless plan.

Every single time… my actions turned out ineffective.

Hirachi-kun, your guard is too good, you know…? I wish you can leave some opening for girls to tackle you…

And so, one month passed by. My cast has to be removed, and I will have less excuse to be with Hirachi-kun… No, I can’t. Didn’t I already decided not to rely on that, and act by my own will?

「How about seducing him this time? That’s the most orthodox way.」

「Seduce…?」

The unexpected phrase made me tilt my head.

Satosaki-san then unbuttoned her blouse above the chest, toss her handkerchief to the floor, and bend over to pick it up… Uwah!?

「Wait, if you squeeze with your arm that tightly, your cleavage will be visible!?」


I stated my opinion. This is the entrance to the roof, so no one else is around. Phew… I’m making too big a fuss…

「No, the point is to show it off, you know?」

Satosaki-san straightened her back puzzledly.

「I-I see, so that’s…」

I never thought that just picking up a handkerchief can be such a powerful image…!

「Well— the problem now is whether Hirachi can be seduced by girls…」

Satosaki-san’s gaze fell on my chest.

「… Maybe it will be more effective if I tried it.」

Ugh… What does she mean…… Well, I already have an idea why…

T-That’s right! Since Hirachi-kun confessed to me, that means he prefers my body type! I have to be more positive!

Okay! I will execute the seduction plan!

「Alright, but don’t get too depressed if it fails.」

… It seems Satosaki-san think it’s fine even if it fails.

I-I have to make it work!



Hirachi Moritsune

「Here’s two tickets for the Aramachi Hill Amusement Park.」

School is out. Yuu-kun said to me as I’m preparing to go home. Like what he said, there are two tickets pinched between his fingers.

By the way, the Amusement park refers to… what it’s name suggests, an amusement park built on top of the Aramachi hill inside Aramachi City.

「I see, you really do have them.」

「Your reaction is too plain!?」

I’m just responding normally, but Yuu-kun looks surprised for some reason.

Fu… he can be such a pain sometimes.

「T-T-This is!? Isn’t that the legendary…!? It’s over… the world is already…!」

I leaned back in my chair, and my limbs trembled like a newborn calf.

「No, I’m not expecting that kind of reaction either…」

Yuu-kun looks exasperated.

「What’s going on? Aren’t you testing my ability for impromptu performances?」

I returned to my original sitting posture, and asked bafflingly.

「What’s the use of such a test…」

「As a talent agent, it’s important to ascertain the capabilities of your charges.」

「When did I become your agent!?」

Yuu-kun opened his eyes so wide that they might pop out at any moment.

I always thought that Yuu-kun is great at impromptu performances.

「And so, what’s the story about those tickets?」

I got back on topic.

「You have too many girlfriends, so you are consulting me on which one you should bring to the amusement park?」

「What kind of image do you have of me… I don’t have any girlfriend!」

Oh, that’s unexpected. I’m joking about him having multiple girlfriends, but he didn’t have any at all, huh.

「We are straying off topic. I got this in a lucky draw… I’m giving them to you, Moritsune.」

Yuu-kun placed them on my desk.

「So… you want to go to the amusement park with me?」

「That sounds interesting too, but not this time.」

「I see. So you want to secretly observe me going to the amusement park to play by myself?」

「What do you mean by ‘I see’!? What kind of gloomy hobby is that!?」

Am I wrong… I was kind of confident in that guess too.

「It’s not what you think… you really don’t get it…?」

Yuu-kun leaned to my ear and said quietly:

「Use them to invite Shōgawa-san to a date.」

「Hah!?」

I frown deeply.

Shōgawa-san and I on a date? Where did that come from? Yuu-kun should know very well that we aren’t that close… Wait, is a 「date」 some kind of code? He is using another term to avoid others overhearing us?

So I shouldn’t take what Yuu-kun said literally.

This is an excuse for me to stay by Shōgawa-san’s side on an off day!

To be frank, my methods have been too careless so far. On off days, I will hide near Shōgawa-san’s house (I sent her home many times after she fractured her legs, so I’m familiar with that area). When Shōgawa-san leaves her house, I will follow her.

There is a serious flaw in this method.

And that’s because… I’m acting just like a stalker! 

No matter what excuse I use, this is textbook stalker behaviour. If someone noticed and call the cops, I will be subjected to endless counseling. I know that possibility very well, but I can’t think of any other way, so I kept on doing this…

Inviting Shōgawa-san out to spend the day off together.

To think that such a method exist…! This is on par with the egg of Columbus…! As expected of Yuu-kun, a man of culture!

「Oh, sorry… I get it now.」

I smiled back at him.

「Thank you very much, Yuu-kun! I’m glad I have a comrade like you.」

I held Yuu-kun’s hand to convey my gratitude.

「Haha, you are making too big a deal out of this.」

Yuu-kun scratched his cheek bashfully.

「I will take care of the rest…! I won’t waste the effort Yuu-kun put in to assist me!」

「Yes, that’s the spirit! Go for it.」

Encouraged by Yuu-kun, I got to my feet.

At this time, Shōgawa-san should be on librarian duty. Then let’s head to the library.

「……?」

I turned my head before exiting the classroom.

For some reason, Satosaki-san seems to be glaring this way… Her face is flushed, and her breathing ragged… I-Is she angry…? Did I do something that made her mad without realizing it…?


No comments:

Post a Comment