Saturday, August 10, 2019

There Is No Way a Support Type Character Will Have a Girlfriend V1 (2 of 6)

Chapter 3: The Dawn of Complicated Relationships is...


Translator: Skythewood
Editor: Hiiro

Well, deciding to keep Shōgawa-san secret is fine and all.


In order to do so, I want to stay in a place where I can keep my eyes on Shōgawa-san. However, there is a limit to how much I can stay in the dark. Even if I can, someone will definitely get past Shōgawa-san’s blind spot, given how she is acting… No, for Shōgawa-san whose mental blindspot is as big as reptiles, she probably won’t even realize it. Anyway, if a third party realizes that I have been watching Shōgawa secretly, it won’t just be on the level of my reputation taking a hit.


In that case, the best plan is to obtain a place beside Shōgawa-san.


In other words, to befriend Shōgawa-san!


「Erm, Shōgawa-san.」


During a break, I talked to Shōgawa-san who was reading a book.


「Ehh…?」


Shōgawa-san’s shoulder shakes, and she turns to me meekly.


「W-What is it…?」


「Yes, that’s right…」


I need to continue the conversation after chatting her up, but I only realize that now.


Initiating conversation is good, but there is no topic…!


Well… Let’s throw out some meaningless chatter…


「Erm… T-The weather is great today!」


「I-Is that… so…?」


Shōgawa-san tilt her head and look out the window.


I glance that way too, and it looks like it might rain at any moment.


「Haha…」


I brush it off with a fake smile.


「……」


「……」


After that, a silence fell between us.


S-Strange…… If I start with idle chatter, our conversation should be more lively.


……


……Oh. I forgot one important thing.


And that is… No matter what, I never fail to disappoint… or rather, I have communication order that will definitely disappoint everyone. Like a blank piece of paper, I have no friends at all! I have never practiced my conversational skills before, so I always use honorifics with anyone!


Asking me to hold a light conversation is too difficult! That’s the thing I’m worst at!


Furthermore, I have never spoken with Shōgawa-san (and many others) before! I have been speaking frequently to Shōgawa-san in my heart, which gives me the illusion that I can speak normally with her in reality…


「E-Erm…… I’m going to the bathroom.」


As I reflected on my actions, Shōgawa-san left the classroom in a flash. I check twitter and didn’t find any news about the World Conquest Impetus Organization showing up, and understand that Shōgawa-san just wants to get away from the strange quiet boy who is suddenly talking to her. I frightened a girl… What a mistake. My preparations are inadequate this time, I have to be ready next time.


And now… Hmmp, it’s finally time to show my power.


I open the browser on my smartphone, click on the search bar, and…


「How to make friends…」


And tap on search with great force!


This is it…! This… is my… power of the internet!


Ohh…? I see, just be direct and say 「Please be my friend」… This is cliche, and seems a little stiff…? 「Please go out with me as a friend」? No, that’s even stiffer. And if she misses out on the 「as a friend」 part, it will turn into a love confession… This will likely happen in a romantic comedy. Well, it won’t happen in reality, and there definitely won’t be any misunderstanding if I’m the one to say it… Ah, I’m getting off track. Let’s see… how to start a light conversation… Search……


As I surf the ocean of the internet secretly in class, the next break arrives.


「Erm… Shōgawa-san… (smile)」


No matter what, start with a smile.


Following google-sensei’s instructions, I talk to Shōgawa-san with a smile.


「Hiiiee…!」


Hiiee?


Keeping her posture of taking books out from her bag, Shōgawa-san froze with a timid expression. A smile can open people’s hearts… that’s how it should be, but I think it closes her heart off tighter!


However, I can’t give up!


「Shōgawa-san, what food do you like?」


To make friends, start by asking questions! This is to understand the other party, and convey to them that you are interested in them, a high level technique!


「Ehh? Probably……… okonomiyaki……?」


Shōgawa-san’s gaze shifts troublingly, and answered in a barely audible voice as if by accident. Good! Conversational-wise, she has caught the ball I toss out!


「I see.」


「Yes……」


「…………」


「…………」


And the game of catch is over!


H-However! I’m not the me from before, I have evolved! With the power of the internet! Oh, question list of the internet…! Grant me strength!


「Erm, Shōgawa-san, what music do you like?」


「Music… I don’t really listen…」


「I-I see…」


「Yes…」


Well, I only listen to the anime character song of a voice actor I like anyways.


「Then, your favorite celebrity?」


「I don’t really watch television either…」


「I see…」


「Yes…」


Well, I only watch the news related to Mahomaho or anime.


「Y-Your hobby?」


「Well… Reading… I guess?」


Indeed! I can tell with a glance!


「……」


「……」


Another heavy silence…! Ugh! I need to hurry and ask some more questions… No, wait, the information I got from the net isn’t just 『questioning』. There are others… That’s right! Complement her!


Humans won’t feel unhappy about being praised! So just compliment her! Especially girls, they will be happy if you compliment their clothes! This is something I know (from the internet)!


「By the way, Shōgawa-san! Your clothes today really suits you!」


「Ehh…? This is just a normal uniform…」


That’s right! Today’s clothes… we are always wearing uniforms!


Shōgawa-san wears her uniform tidily without any accessories, which does suit her serious demeanor, but this isn’t really a complement…


Then…


「Your glasses are nice and fashionable!」


「R-Really…? I think they look dull though…」


I can’t refute that! Instead, that sounds like I’m mocking Shōgawa-san…


Then… I will decide it with a straight ball!


「Speaking of which, Shōgawa-san has a really cute face! I’m often mesmerized by you!」


This is my sincere thoughts.


After all, Shōgawa-san has the same face as Mahomaho, who I love the most.


「Ehh!?」


But Shōgawa-san hides her face and keeps her blushing head down.


… Oh, is this what I think it is? I did something terrible?


I think there are times when telling a girl she is cute constitutes sexual harassment. That might not apply to people like Sorahashi-kun, but if a disgusting nerd like me did that, she might think so. It can’t be helped that Shōgawa-san is so mad that her face is flushed.


I wonder whether this roundabout method will work. Well-prepared or not, making friends this way isn’t something awkward people like me can do. A beginner like me should state my intentions clearly. Or else, I will be suspected of harbouring ulterior intentions. Yes, just like this situation!


Anyway… I have to apologize for my rudeness, and state clearly that I want to befriend Shōgawa-san...


「Erm, Shōgawa-san…」


「Sorry!」


I’m the one who should apologize, so why did she apologize to me?


「I, bathroom!」


Shōgawa-san stands up suddenly, and rush out of the classroom.


Erm Shōgawa-san, it’s dangerous to walk and cover your face with a book at the same time…!


……


「Hyaa!?」


「Ughh!?」


As I thought, Shōgawa-san bumped into a girl who is passing by when she left the classroom. It seems neither of them are hurt…


「Ah, sorry…」


「Oh, it’s just you, Pee-gawa.」


Shōgawa-san apologizes with her hand on her forehead.


But when she heard that, she shudders and turn stiff.


「Who?」


The person beside the girl, probably a friend, tilts her head and asks.


「This is Shōgawa, who transferred to our class last year.」


I see, an old classmate of Shōgawa-san, huh...


「She keeps visiting the washroom, so we call her Pee-gawa.」


The old classmate pointed at Shōgawa-san’s face with a sadistic smile.


「What is that~~」


The female friend of the old classmate snickered.


「Pee-gawa, are you going to the toilet again?」


「Erm, yes…」


Shōgawa-san nodded timidly.


At the sight of that…


「Puhahaha! It’s true!」


「Hahaha!」


They laugh at her.


Blood of rage rush to my brain.


「And I heard that one time, she leaked…」


「What nonsense is that!」


Before it registers on my mind, I shout and walk towards them.


「W-What… and who are you…?」


The former classmate looks at me fearfully.


「You… Do you know how Shōgawa-san feels when she visits the loo?!」


I shout what is on my mind without even thinking.


For the sake of protecting everyone, Shōgawa-san has to bear with the shame of running to the bathroom!


「How she feels… Why don’t you tell me how she feels then…?」


「She……!」


At this moment, a calmer part of myself held back.


T-That is dangerous… I almost blurted out Shōgawa-san’s secret…… 


「Hah?! Go on, say it!」


The former classmate looks at me suspiciously when I suddenly turn quiet.


「Shōgawa-san she…………」


Ughh, how do I fudge this through…


「… feels that…」


And then...


「That’s right! She feels like urinating!」


「Are you kidding me!? Isn’t that the same thing!?」


The former classmate looks surprised after hearing what I said.


Sigh… I will cover things up with gusto then! 


「Even if that’s true, what’s wrong with that!? This is natural for all living beings, right!? Urination is an important process of discharging waste from the body! Holding it in can be detrimental to your health! Thanks to urine, we can regulate our body! Urine is important! Urine is our friend! Everyone urinates! Me too! And you too! Isn’t that right!? Or do you not urinate!? Are you a perfect lifeform that can survive by circulating the nutrients within your body!? Are you 『No Life No Pee』!? ?Are you!?」


「Wait, 『No Life No Pee』 means 『not urinating if you don’t have a life』…」


「Shut up!」


「You are the one who brought it up!!」


「In the end, the urge to pee is a signal sent from the full bladder to the cerebral cortex…」


「H-Hey, let’s go.」


「Yeah, okay…」


When I myself isn’t sure what I’m talking about either, the former classmate and friend quickly turned and left, as they look my way warily. And of course, I didn’t pursue them. I achieve my goal, although I forgot midway what that goal is…


After catching my breath, I turn to the classroom:


「Sorry for the disturbance, everyone.」


I said with my head bowed. My classmates who are getting rowdy because of that incident had quieted down, and I saw Sorahashikun and Satosaki-san giving me a thumbs up with a smile.


When I see that, everything is worth it. I smile back at them.


「Erm…」


Someone tug my sleeve gently.


I turn back, and see Shōgawa-san looking up at me.


「T-Thank you…」


Shōgawa-san said with a barely audible voice and keeps nodding.


「E-Erm… I might have misunderstood Hirachi-san...」




She then continues:


「I thought… you are a strange and scary person… who will scream all of a sudden…」


That’s all for your sake… but I will never say that.


I won’t stoop so low and push the reason for my actions onto others.


「And sorry for avoiding you just now.」


Shōgawa-san bow deeply at me again.


「No, that’s…」


「However...」


Like before, her whimsical voice cut me off.


「It’s better for you to not get involved with me.」


For only that instant, I locked eyes with her.


「Sorry.」


Shōgawa-san then ran to the stairs.


There is no doubt that she is rejecting me.


But… Why?


Why does her voice and eyes look so lonely?


There’s a 90%... no, 99% chance that I’m mistaken, or I am deluding myself.


However… if I’m not mistaken…


With that in mind, my legs start to move on their own, and I chase after Shōgawa-san.

Sorahashi Yūichi


Well, how do I put this.


To be honest, Hirachi-kun has caused quite a scene.


At the same time, I feel a pricking in my chest.


Back in middle school, there was a girl I like. When she got bullied, I didn’t do anything.


And without me doing anything, she transferred schools.


That is all. A school transfer that happens everywhere. However, it is still an experience that made me who I am now. After that, I keep improving myself, managing the atmosphere in class, so at the very least, the same thing won’t happen in my class. And so far, it has worked.


I wanted to step in just now. But… I hesitated.


What should I say? Butt in and say something nice? Don’t disrupt the balance in class? All sorts of things tumbled in my mind, and my body turned stiff.


And then, I heard his voice.


He probably acted with the intention that he has to say something. As a result, his words were confusing, and wasn’t of much help. However, there is no doubt he saved Shōgawa-san… Although his method might be too crude.


I can feel it when I see his actions.


So far, my methods aren’t wrong. My current position is most suited to achieve my goal… Or so I think. And then, Hirachi gave me a good wake up punch.


What I failed to do in the past, is just 『that』. 


I realize it now.


I’m not working towards my goal at all, or trying to achieve my goal either.


But… If he can do that...


For that person who acted out the ideals of my past, can I be of help to him?


As I give a thumbs up and my usual smile, my mind is actually thinking about all that.

Satosaki Shōko


Well— Hirachi did a good job today, huh.


Hmm? Oh right, Zhao Yun-san? I don’t know about last year, but the way they put it disgusts me. I have to admit that Hirachi is unexpectedly manly though.


With that in mind, I give him a thumbs up. I scan the room, and find Sorahashi making the same pose as me. Fufu, as expected of a hunk, giving props for that cool move… This is so interesting.


There seem to be a weird gleam in Sorahashi eyes as he looks at Hirachi… I keep a close eye on Sorahashi after noticing that. Unaware of my gaze, Sorahashi keep staring at Hirachi. This isn’t just being impressed with his classmate’s action, but something heavier… Can this be… no way…


Sorahashi, has fallen for Hirachi?


Is this the fabled Sorahashi X Hirachi? The forbidden love between the top hunk in class and a plain background mob character…?


Oh no. This is right in my strike zone… Guhehehe.


………… No no, this won’t happen in reality...… And I have to be careful… Did I make a terrible face just now…? If I drool and expose my fetish, that won’t be funny at all… If everyone finds out I like Boys Love, then the image I have been building will all collapse… After reflecting on my middle school days when I try to find friends with the same interest by showing my fetish openly, I finally get to make a brand new debut in high school…! I’m a gal who chases the frontier of fashion and living in the moment…! I’m a gal who chases the frontier of fashion and living in the moment…!

Shōgawa Maho


In the end, I didn’t really understand what he said… But Hirachi-kun is definitely getting angry on my behalf.


However, it’s a fact that I keep visiting the bathroom, so being teased for that can’t be avoided. Or rather, this is a convenient development for me.


After becoming a Radiant Magical Girl, I try my best not to get involved with anyone. I use the power of my magic to change others impression of me, and make me look like someone else… But I still have to be careful.


Hence, I don’t need anyone’s help… Or rather, that will just be a hassle to me.


I have to be alone… Being alone is fine.


When Hirachi-kun stood up for me, I felt my heart race… Because my impression of Hirachi-kun is so… Speaking of which, it has gotten to the point that even Hirachi-kun worries about me...? Usually, I will cheer myself up and everything will be fine. If I’m as strong as the relentless Satosaki-san, then Hirachi-kun won’t have to worry about me.


I pull myself together… It’s impossible for me to be like Satosaki-san, but to be more cheerful and energetic… Shōgawa Maho! I’m very lively! Pleased to meet you! Just like that… And my response too! I will respond energetically with an 「Okay!」


「Shōgawa-san!」


Okay?

Hirachi Moritsune


I chase after Shōgawa-san and reach a deserted corridor.


Shōgawa-san stops and turns to me because I called out to her.


… That is fine…


But I didn’t think about anything except chasing her! What should I say!?


I repeated the same mistakes many times before, and never learn…! … No, in a sense, it is different this time! I will tell Shōgawa-san that I want to befriend her right here!


I might be treated as a creep who got turned down and still couldn’t read the mood, but if her answer earlier is meant to dispel my worries, then I have to clear up this misunderstanding quickly! If the loneliness I felt from Shōgawa-san is the real thing, then it will work! If I can achieve my goal and relieve Shōgawa-san’s loneliness, then it will be a win win situation…! I will bet on this possibility!


「Please!」


And then… What’s my next line…!?


I thought about the results of my search online…! T-That’s right… As friends…! 


「Go out with me!」


… Huh? Something seems off?


「… Oh, okay.」


Never mind, Shōgawa-san is fine with it, so it’s all good!

Shōgawa Maho


……??????


Ehh, w-what?


… It’s Hirachi-kun… Right…?


The person I turned away just now.


… Why. 


Now?


Go out with you?


T-This… Could it be…


C-C-Confession!?


R-Really!? Someone like me!? But just now I… What should I do!?


A-Anyway, I should give him an answer!?


H-How should I respond!? Erm, we don’t know each other too well yet…… Please! Teach me! My knowledge (from shoujo manga)! 


Y-Yes…! That’s right! Let’s start with friends! That’s it! 


「Thank you very much for accepting.」


… Hirachi-kun looks really happy when he said that… Just confessing is enough to make him happy…? But, he should at least listen to my response…


… Hmm? Thank you for accepting?


Isn’t that…


「I will be in your care from now on too, Shōgawa-san!」


W-Wait, how did things turn out this way!? What do you mean by being in my care!?


「Alright then!」


… Ah, I didn’t continue the conversation… I’m so useless, and always fail to say what I want…


… But what is going on here…?


Calm down, let’s try playing back the scene just now. Maybe the confession is just my misunderstanding. If that is true, then I’m being really shameless.


Yes, I rejected Hirachi-kun… and Hirachi-kun chase me…


And then, Hirachi-kun said…. 


—— Please go out with me!! 


—— Oh, okay.


Yup, he definitely said it, he said 「Please go out with me」. 


This is definitely a love confession………… Hmm?


Huh……? Is there some weird sound mixed in there…?


—— Please go out with me!! 


—— Oh, okay.


One more time.


—— Please go out with me!! 


—— Oh, okay.


Once more.


—— Oh, okay.


Again.


—— Oh, okay.


……That’s right.


I, answered 「Okay」. I blurt out what was on my mind without any hesitation.


I see, that’s why Hirachi-kun looks so happy.


His love confession has been accepted! Of course he is happy!


Congratulations, our relationship as a couple has been established!


…………. 


…… Eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh!?


Relationship as a couple!!!!!????


Who and who!?


Me!? And Hirachi-kun!?


Really!?


What should I do!?


The Wonderful Radiant Magical Girl ★ Mahomaho, is Shōgawa Maho.


I kept to myself in order to hide my true identity.


And today, I suddenly got a boyfriend.
Chapter 4: The Friendship Between the Boys Meeting in Secret is...


Sorahashi Yūichi


It has been several days since I witnessed that scene.


I have been looking for a chance to talk to Hirachi-kun alone, but that is surprisingly difficult. The breaks between classes are too short, and I have club after school.


During this time, Hirachi-kun seems troubled. That’s why I want to help him out… And finally, a good chance appears.


Today’s club activity is just a short meeting. I return to the classroom to stow my stuff away before heading home, and found Hirachi-kun there alone.


This is it…! I stepped into the room with that in mind.


Satosaki Shōko


Tch, I didn’t pay attention to the time while chatting with my friends, and the sun had completely set. If I don’t hurry home now, I won’t be able to make it in time for 『SumPri』(Short for the anime 『The Prince of Summer』)! The protagonist and his rival has an intense relationship, and will often switch between being the top and the bottom, so I have to check it every week… That’s right, top and bottom… Who will be the top this week…! 


「……?」


I return to the classroom to get my bag, see Sorahashi on the way there, and quickly hide.


I didn’t have a problem dealing with Sorahashi.


But I notice that Hirachi is alone in the classroom.


After school, classroom, alone… This… Can this be! 


…… No, nothing will happen between them.


But I still can’t stop my hope for something to happen!

Shōgawa Maho


Ughh… After that time, I can’t look Hirachi-kun properly in the face…


Even though Hirachi-kun spoke with me so many times… He did that to deepen his relationship with me… right…? A-A-As my b-b-boyfriend…. 


However… I… can’t answer Hirachi-kun’s feelings…


… I-I-I’m really happy that he likes someone like me… I yearn for romance and love too, but I think this is still too early for me.


Furthermore, I’m also a Radiant Magical Girl… Ah, if my identity gets exposed, I won’t get a boyfriend until I’m 30… Until now, I didn’t really mind since I won’t get a boyfriend even without that curse… But since Hirachi-kun is now my boyfriend, then I should experience all the joys of being a couple right now… No! That’s putting the cart in front of the horse! Really now!


… B-But, maybe no one will like me in the future… Ehh, doesn’t that sound like I will be fine with anyone!? Being a couple with Hirachi-kun with that attitude is too rude! It has to be Hirachi-kun… Erm, but…


「Chuyo-chan, what should I do…」


Ehh, it might be a mascot fairy, but consulting an animal about love is still… as expected of me.


「Chuyo-chan?」


I call out again, and still no response.


… I’m already on my way home, and I realize I didn’t bring my bag…!?


Really now, how can I be so distracted!

Hirachi Moritsune


It has been a few days since I became friends with Shōgawa-san.


I was happy that things went so well at the start, but quickly turned depressed.


Since that day, Shōgawa-san has been avoiding me. Instead of our relationship getting better, it seems to be getting worse…? It makes me anxious, but I can’t do anything without knowing the reason. Was it bad for me to leave right after getting the Okay answer from her back then…? If I didn’t have an in depth conversation with her back then, I can’t raise the flag to progress to the next stage…? Well, I have zero experience points in this, so I can’t tell…


If I mingle with Sorahashi-kun, my experience points will rise to the max, right?


I want to become Sorahashi-kun’s disciple… I thought about something mindless.


「Hello, Hirachi-kun」


「Ehh!?」


The man himself is leaning in from the corridor, and I made a weird sound in reaction to that.


「Haha, did I frightened you?」


For a moment, thought the pressure made me hallucinate… But it appears that he is the real deal.


「Sorry about that… Erm, do you need anything?」


I scan the room on reflex, but I’m the only one in the classroom. It seems that I lost track of the time while I was troubling over a solution.


「It’s getting late, but you are still in the classroom. What’s up?」


Sorahashi-kun leans his waist against the table in front of my seat, and ask with a gentle smile.


O-Oh… It’s nothing, but this distance… As expected of the person at the top of the school’s pyramid… I conceal the fear in my heart, and tried to speak calmly.


「I’m just thinking about something…」


「I see. About that...」


Oh, that’s right! This is a chance to gain experience points! Since this is a rare chance for me to speak with Sorahashi-kun, why not consult him on this…? Hmm, where do I start…? I can’t just tell him the truth. After all, Mahomaho’s true identity is…


「Is it about Shōgawa-san?」


That’s right, it’s about Shōgawa-san… W-What…?


I turn stiff.


And immediately regretted showing signs of wavering, but it’s already too late.


「W-What do you mean?」


「Haha, you don’t need to go out of your way to hide it.」


On the other hand, Sorahashi-kun shows a refreshing smile as always.


「It feels like Hirachi-kun’s mind is completely filled with Shōgawa-san all this time.」


Ughh, I’m completely exposed...


「C-Could it be, everybody knows…?」


I can’t think up an excuse on the fly, and said something that seems to affirm his suspicion.


「No, I don’t think anyone else noticed. At least, from what I can see.」


In reality, no one in class pays attention to me. Sorahashi-kun is probably the exception, since his field of vision is very wide. If Sorahashi-kun says so, then it must be true.


I felt relieved when I heard that.


However, this might be a trap laid down by Sorahashi-kun.


「Hey,」


He says in a tone as if he isn’t talking about anything important.


「Hirachi-kun, you like Shōgawa-san, right?」


It feels really casual, like some idle chatter.


「Ehh, of course…」


Because of that, I answer immediately. No, what I’m saying is the truth. It’s common knowledge that I like Mahomaho, then why…?


I realize something is wrong a step too late. How did Sorahashi-kun put it?


Not 「Mahomaho」, but 「Shōgawa-san」? Is that what he said?


「I see…」


I gulped, but fail to do so as my mouth is completely dry.


「… When did you realize?」


In the end, I ask for an answer with a hoarse voice.


When did he realize that Mahomaho, the person I like, is actually Shōgawa-san…?


「Hmm? I realize it a few days ago.」


I see, the same time I realized it…


「During class, when Shōgawa-san stood up and said she wanted to visit the bathroom, but Ms Murayama stopped her? Right after that, Hirachi-kun suddenly performed a show.」


Hmm…? Now that he mentions it…


「That bothered me a little, so I paid more attention to you two.」


This development… Could it be…?


「What sealed the deal, was that time when you covered for Shōgawa-san in the hallway.」


As I expected…! How did this happen…!


「At that instant, it came to my mind, “so that’s how it is.”」


My actions exposed Shōgawa-san’s secret…! This is the mistake of Hirachi Moritsune’s life…! I’m so sorry, Shōgawa-san……! 


… No. Apologies and regrets can wait. The important thing is to recover the situation as much as possible!


「So that’s how it is… I understand.」


He brought this up when the two of us are alone, so Sorahashi-kun has no intention of making this public. He isn’t asking for an explanation, so this is a negotiation… or in other words, blackmail.


「What are your demands? I can do anything that you want.」


「Demand?」


I stare straight at Sorahashi-kun for an answer, but he just tilts his head bafflingly.


As if he didn’t understand.


… How sly, Sorahashi-kun. So hunks are people who will toy others with schemes and strategies…?


「Hm—— Then...」


Sorahashi-kun says with his hand on his chin.


「About that matter with Shōgawa-san, can you allow me to assist you?」


He then smiles brightly, there wasn’t any hint of malice, and only kindness.


「Assist, huh…?」


How should I interpret this? I frowned my brows.


「Which means, Sorahashi-kun, you don’t intend to make this public…?」


「Yes, of course. I won’t do something so lame.」


Lame… huh. I see, spreading the true identity of a Magical Girl might really be lame. I wouldn’t think of it this way… But those at the top of the school’s pyramid might make decisions based on whether it is cool or lame…? In any case, it’s dangerous to accept that without any doubts. I should probe further…


「But, Sorahashi-kun, what do you stand to gain from helping me?」


If he isn’t after anything, then he just needs to stay quiet to keep the secret. Since he went out of his way to approach me, he must have his reasons.


「Yes, that’s true… If I have to give a reason…」


Sorahashi-kun’s eyes waver as he searches for the right words.


「I want to observe you from a closer distance, does that make sense?」


「……?」


It’s my turn to tilt my head this time.


「What do you mean…? Observing me is not interesting at all, right?」


I can’t understand the meaning behind his words, and ask for an explanation.


「That’s not true.」


Sorahashi-kun shrugs and smiles bashfully:


「Well, how do I put this. Maybe… I don’t have the right to say such cool words.」


He scratched his cheek and his smile deepened.


「I was moved. Back then, I was moved.」


Back then…? When was that…?


「To be honest, I have been misunderstanding Hirachi-kun. I thought you are the type that hates human relations, and kept to yourself.」


「But aren’t you correct?」


His analysis matched mine, so I ask on reflex.


「If that’s true, then you are even more amazing.」


Sorahashi-kun squint his eyes in a smile, as if the light has gotten in his eyes.


「When Shōgawa-san was bullied and teased, I thought that I had to act. But at the same time, I wondered if it is fine for me to do so. In the end, I was held back by this hesitation.」


Sorahashi-kun shift his gaze away from me, and turn to the seat besides mine. Which is the seat of the aforementioned Shōgawa-san.


「But you are different. You acted before me or anyone else did.」


He didn’t shift his gaze, but the subject has moved on to me.


「Maybe Shōgawa-san is special to you, and maybe your methods aren’t that refined. But that is why I think...」


Sorahashi-kun looks my way again.


「You are cool.」


Is he… talking about me?


Why would you say that I’m cool? And Sorahashi-kun thought so during that moment? Haha, he must be kidding.


「To me, at that time… you rushing out for a girl without any hesitation… that’s right...」


How are you going to describe me this time?


「You are just like a hero.」


I see, a hero huh. Sorahashi-kun has a knack for joking.


「And I’m really curious about what my hero will do next. I want to watch him from up close. That is what I stand to gain, and my goal for this proposal.」


In the end, I still don’t get what’s so good about staying close to someone like me.


Well, everyone has different values. Since Sorahashi-kun said this much, then maybe he does find the arrangement to be beneficial.


Since Sorahashi-kun knows the truth, if he is willing to help…


「Ehh, uwah!? What are you doing all of a sudden!?」


Sorahashi-kun suddenly started panicking.


“What are you doing?” That’s my line.


「Sorry about saying something weird, so please, stop crying!」


Crying? Who...? There’s just Sorahashi-kun and me here.


He put his hands together and bow…… towards me?


Haha, like I said, stop kidding… With that in mind, I put my hand on my face.


「……Ehh?」


I finally notice that I’m crying.


At the same time, I realized the reason behind my tears.


「No… you’re mistaken, Sorahashi-kun」


I wipe away my tears away with my fingertips, and shake my head.


「These are tears of joy.」


That’s right, I’m really happy.


I didn’t notice until now… but I feel uneasy and alone.


I can’t discuss things with anyone, since it might affect the life of a girl and the peace of this city. That’s how heavy the secret I’m keeping is. Is what I’m doing correct, is there a better way? Can I keep her secret by myself?


Even if I cover it up with words of determination, my heart is still troubled by these questions.


「Thank you, Sorahashi-kun」


From the very beginning, I’m not alone.


The moment I think that, a sense of ease fills my mind. I think that is the reason behind my tears.


「I’m saved by your presence.」


I share what I’m thinking, and Sorahashi-kun look surprised.


「Haha, you are exaggerating too much.」


「Fufu, I can say the same about you.」


I got affected by Sorahashi-kun’s expression, and smiled.


「Haha, you are right.」


「Fufufufu.」


We laugh inside the classroom illuminated by the setting sun.


If I’m a beautiful girl, then this will be the moment and scene when love blooms.


「About that question you asked, I have an answer.」


Sorahashi-kun said he wants to assist me. And I have decided on my answer.


So I held my hand out to Sorahashi-kun.


「I will be counting on you from now on, comrade, Sorahashi-kun.」


「Comrade, huh.」


Sorahashi-kun laughs as he looks at my outreached hand.


「Hey, your way of addressing me is too reserved.」


His smiling face is warmer and more casual than any other smile I have seen from him.


「People close to me all call me Yuu. So you should do that too.」


This will be the first time I’m calling someone by their nickname, which makes me nervous… However.


「Got it, Yuu-kun」


I said with a bold smile.


「Then be more casual with my name too, call me Hirachi-kun.」


「Right, got it, Hirachi-kun……」


He said and reach out his hand too.


「No, I have always been calling you Hirachi-kun!? That’s not being casual at all!?」


Our hands didn’t touch, and Yuu-kun has a surprised expression.


What an interesting reaction, Yuu-kun…


「Haha, just kidding. Feel free to call me Moritsune.」


Unfortunately, I don’t have a cool nickname, so I suggest he address me by my given name. There are people who calls me 『Mahomaho Nerd』, but I can read the mood and know the mood isn’t right for that name.


「Yes, got it, Moritsune.」


We finally shook our hands firmly this time.


「I will be in your care from now on. I will do everything I can to help you with regards to Shōgawa-san.」


「I’m the one who will be counting on you. That makes me relieved.」


「By the way, are you still going to use honorifics?」


「Oh no, this is the standard for me… It’s hard for me to change it right away… But that doesn’t mean I feel distant from Yuu-kun though. I’m just hopelessly used to it…」


「Okay, I understand.」


This sounds like an excuse, but Yuu-kun just smiles nonchalantly at me.


「I’m not asking you to change either. Well, I guess this is the Moritsune style of doing things.」


「T-Thank you.」


Yuu-kun probably isn’t trying to do this, but I’m really glad that he accepted me as I am.


In any case, the Mahomaho True Identity Guardian Team (Dub by me) is formed!


Ahh, it’s so comforting to know that you have a comrade!


Yuu-kun, let us guard Shōgawa-san’s secret from now on!


Sorahashi Yūichi


After shaking hands with Moritsune, the cloud in my mind vanished.


I’m glad he accepted me. After all, this is a sensitive question. An outsider barging in out of curiosity won’t be of much help after all. Moritsune definitely knows this very well, and it’s hard to describe how happy I am for my sincere feelings to reach him.


「I’m sorry for troubling you so soon, but I have something I want to discuss with you…」


Moritsune didn’t hesitate in bringing up this topic.


「Don’t mind me, just tell me what’s eating you.」


That’s right, if it is within my abilities, I will do anything I can.


For the sake of the love life of my hero!


Satosaki Shōko



Sora X Hira! It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


Today, the hottest topic (in my heart) is spot on with textbook accuracy… How delicious…! The classroom dyed red from the setting sun, the serious expression of these two, and they clasped each other’s hand tightly…! What else can this be, except a confession scene…! And I did hear 「I want to observe you from a closer distance」 and 「I was moved」 and 「Comrade」… The more I think about it, the worse it gets… My delusion turned true…? Or did I die and got transported to the 2-D world…? No matter what really happened, I have to thank God-sama…!


From this situation, the one confessing is Sorahashi…? But Hirachi is crying with joy… So Hirachi, your feelings towards Sorahashi in the first place is… So your recent strange actions make sense now, you are trying to draw Sorahashi’s attention…! And finally, Cupid’s arrow finally hit Sorahashi’s heart…! The way you change yourself for the person you love, that’s really touching…! This can’t be real… Someone, tell me this isn’t true… Oh no, my heart is going to stop from overexertion…!


Tch… But the world will definitely look at your love with scorn. 


Even so, you have to pursue this love to the end…! Even if the world won’t accept you, I will acknowledge your love…! 


I will cheer for the both of you…! 


Shōgawa Maho


Ehh…?


Why is Satosaki-san striking a victory pose with a scary smile? Did something happen…? Her entire body is leaning against the door as she peeks into the classroom… Is something inside…? Now she’s pressing down on her chest with tears in her eyes…? Ah, she looks like she just made up her mind… And seems to be flaring her nostrils and breathing hard. Is she okay…? …… By the way, I need to get my bag from class… but I can’t do that in this atmosphere… What should I do…


Chuyo-chan


Isn’t that a Fiordland Crested Penguin chuyo!?


……? Huh, when did I doze off chuyo… Is school already out chuyo? Let me check the situation chuyo… The sun has already set chuyo……? Only the hunk and glasses are left in the classroom… And they are getting ready to go home chuyo…… chuyo!? Oh no chuyo! I accidentally locked eyes with glasses chuyo!? This will cause trouble for Maho… chuyo? He shifted his eyes away chuyo……? So he didn’t notice chuyo…? Maybe that’s just my imagination chuyo… A-As long as the secret is safe chuyo. 


……………… By the way, where did Maho go chuyo…?


No comments:

Post a Comment